Let's be honest certain perks cant get nerfed

With the image showing the perks the devs are focusing on this makes ma a little concerned.

So example:

DS, a wonderful perk to counter being tunneled or farmed by your team. Not a massively strong perk and encourages a good game health imo, not to mention you dont get to use it every game.

Pain ren: a okay gen regression perk, rewards killers for getting a hook by providing a small % regression. But has limitations to Scourage hooks which you cant always make let alone only removing 12seconds of a single solo gen.

WGLF/BBQ, perks that are mainly only used because of the grind and people want more BP. While you can get use from the perks other effects the BP is all we care about.

Corrupt? Fixes early game issue of people spawning on gen all over the map.

I feel like so many of these perks that are used alot arent even massively strong but more fixes to base game issues to make a more enjoyable experience

Comments

  • I feel like decreased gen speed is inevitable with the perks their nerfing, the killer perks chosen don't make sense otherwise.

    Which like good, please make chase builds meta it would be way more fun.

  • They said in the anniversary they are making base game changes to go with these perk changes. The key is that those changes need to address the issues those certain perks currently do. If they don’t, then that will be bad.

  • Keep in mind it is said that there will be base game changes as well. They've said they are aware of the reason why these perks get used and won't just nerf blindly.

    How much faith do I have in this sentiment? On a scale of 1-10? Maybe 4 or 5. They are the right words but from other developers I've heard them before and then they go and do stuff completely out of touch with reality.

  • DS can be reworked though, just an idea I had:


    Using whatever is at hand, you stab your aggressor in an ultimate attempt to escape.

    After being unhooked or unhooking yourself, Decisive Strike activates for the next 40/50/60 seconds:

    ~When being grabbed or picked up by the Killer, succeed a Skill Check

     to automatically escape their grasp, stunning them for 5 seconds.

    ~Successfuly stunning the Killer will disable Decisive Strike for the remainder of the Trial and result you in becoming the Obsession.

    ~End-Game Collapse will disable Decisive Strike for the remainder of the Trial.

    While Decisive Strike is active, the following interactions will deactivate it:

    ~Repairing a Generator

    ~Gaining a Health State or healing another Survivor for a Health State

    ~Fully Cleansing or Blessing a Totem

    ~Sabotaging a Hook

    ~Unhooking other Survivors

    ~Interacting with the Exit Gates

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    They said in the anniversary they are making base game changes to go with these perk changes. The key is that those changes need to address the issues those certain perks currently do. If they don’t, then that will be bad.

    @Slowpeach said:

    Keep in mind it is said that there will be base game changes as well. They've said they are aware of the reason why these perks get used and won't just nerf blindly.

    How much faith do I have in this sentiment? On a scale of 1-10? Maybe 4 or 5. They are the right words but from other developers I've heard them before and then they go and do stuff completely out of touch with reality.

    While I understand they said that, they also stated they wont make perks basekit so thing like DS or corrupt which makes a healthier game wont be added as base then nerfed if that makes sense?

    And let's be real they ain't buffing these perks lol.

    But this is why its a concern, focusing on what's being used lots instead of why. I'm all for new metas but some perks arent strong, they're just good when so many others are pointless

  • @Iron_Cutlass said:

    DS can be reworked though, just an idea I had:

    Using whatever is at hand, you stab your aggressor in an ultimate attempt to escape.

    After being unhooked or unhooking yourself, Decisive Strike activates for the next 40/50/60 seconds:

    ~When being grabbed or picked up by the Killer, succeed a Skill Check

     to automatically escape their grasp, stunning them for 5 seconds.

    ~Successfuly stunning the Killer will disable Decisive Strike for the remainder of the Trial and result you in becoming the Obsession.

    ~End-Game Collapse will disable Decisive Strike for the remainder of the Trial.

    While Decisive Strike is active, the following interactions will deactivate it:

    ~Repairing a Generator

    ~Gaining a Health State or healing another Survivor for a Health State

    ~Fully Cleansing or Blessing a Totem

    ~Sabotaging a Hook

    ~Unhooking other Survivors

    ~Interacting with the Exit Gates

    So basically nerf DS so it cant be used at endgame? That would just result in instant endgame tunnels where currently the killer goes for the person trying to get the save/trade.

    I get why you say it but it's one of those things that encourage less fun styles, now if NOED was changed to stop perks like DS and BT at endgame that's be a fair balance and good health, perk to counter

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3004411#Comment_3004411

    So basically nerf DS so it cant be used at endgame? That would just result in instant endgame tunnels where currently the killer goes for the person trying to get the save/trade.

    I get why you say it but it's one of those things that encourage less fun styles, now if NOED was changed to stop perks like DS and BT at endgame that's be a fair balance and good health, perk to counter

    Well BHVR mentioned at basekit changes and heavily referenced basekit Borrowed Time during one of the developer streams. We know that some base game changes are coming to the game, we just dont know what exactly.

    But I think it's unfair for the killer to get DS'ed in the exit gates over a survivor misplay. Someone opens the gates but fails to bodyblock the guy who just unhooked? Well youre still going to eat a fat DS and there is literally nothing you can do to prevent it, wait it out? They just crawl through the exit gates, let them go? They will sit there in the gates for the full 60 seconds just to use their DS.

    Also I didnt entirely nerf it. I changed it so deactivation is based on completing a heal for a health state. How many times have you seen a survivor think they have time to heal but in reality, doesnt, so DS is inactive when actually being tunneled? It's fairly common. Or how about people who get healed by someone else, the killer downs them, only to eat a DS right before it ends? It's not too uncommon, and very frustrating from the killer's POV. If you had time to heal a full health state, you arent being tunneled, therefore DS shouldnt be active.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    With the image showing the perks the devs are focusing on this makes ma a little concerned.

    So example:

    DS, a wonderful perk to counter being tunneled or farmed by your team. Not a massively strong perk and encourages a good game health imo, not to mention you dont get to use it every game.

    Pain ren: a okay gen regression perk, rewards killers for getting a hook by providing a small % regression. But has limitations to Scourage hooks which you cant always make let alone only removing 12seconds of a single solo gen.

    WGLF/BBQ, perks that are mainly only used because of the grind and people want more BP. While you can get use from the perks other effects the BP is all we care about.

    Corrupt? Fixes early game issue of people spawning on gen all over the map.

    I feel like so many of these perks that are used alot arent even massively strong but more fixes to base game issues to make a more enjoyable experience

    40 reworks != 40 nerfs

  • Well they clearly arent going to buff DS, corrupt, Pain etc. Are they... so if it's not a buff it's a nerf..

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3004558#Comment_3004558

    Well they clearly arent going to buff DS, corrupt, Pain etc. Are they... so if it's not a buff it's a nerf..

    I mean, maybe ds will get the buff we wanted, activates on both hook states, in exchange for something like deactivates in the endgame, just bouncing ideas around

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3004615#Comment_3004615

    I mean, maybe ds will get the buff we wanted, activates on both hook states, in exchange for something like deactivates in the endgame, just bouncing ideas around

    I wouldn't mind this change. Because solo Q teammates have sometimes the great idea to run unhooking me without BT while they're chased by the Killer... (Fortunatelly, they don't all do that.)

  • @TheMadCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3004807#Comment_3004807

    I wouldn't mind this change. Because solo Q teammates have sometimes the great idea to run unhooking me without BT while they're chased by the Killer... (Fortunatelly, they don't all do that.)

    Oh trust me I understand... though I probably put a bit too much trust in my teammates because I don't run DS, so I'm always at the mercy of idiots, lol