Deathslinger Buff/Rework

With the nerfs to Deathslingers ads speeds, his overall performance has dipped slightly, added with his lack of map pressure, plus his reduced movement speed, I’ve come up with a buff to his power, increase his lethality.


Special Ability: Buck Shot (name undecided)


Shoots a detached spear

Detached spear functions like huntress iri hatchet, insta down on contact

60 second cooldown

Press Active Ability button

3.5s reload time


New Iridescent Addon

Caleb’s Trainer Scope

Adds scope to Redeemer

Reduces Ads time by 25%

Increases reload time by 2s


New Iridescent Addon

Engraved Spear

When a survivor is hit by a detached harpoon, the closest generator explodes for 20%

Increases ads speed by 25%



Let me know what you guys think

Comments

  • Another deathslinger post to fade into obscurity.

    Yes, deathslinger desperately needs a buff or a mechanical rework.

    For your first idea. Is it 60 seconds on a successful hit? because that would just turn him into a m1 killer with occasional trickshots. Not a fan of this idea.

    For you second idea, faster ADS will never be re-implemented. Its a survivor salt guarantee and no penalty will ever offset it.

    Your third idea is actually really interesting. Technical stat nerf but good skill is rewarded with more map pressure that DS needs. I like it.

  • @Maxglo23 said:

    With the nerfs to Deathslingers ads speeds, his overall performance has dipped slightly, added with his lack of map pressure, plus his reduced movement speed, I’ve come up with a buff to his power, increase his lethality.

    Special Ability: Buck Shot (name undecided)

    Shoots a detached spear

    Detached spear functions like huntress iri hatchet, insta down on contact

    60 second cooldown

    Press Active Ability button

    3.5s reload time

    New Iridescent Addon

    Caleb’s Trainer Scope

    Adds scope to Redeemer

    Reduces Ads time by 25%

    Increases reload time by 2s

    New Iridescent Addon

    Engraved Spear

    When a survivor is hit by a detached harpoon, the closest generator explodes for 20%

    Increases ads speed by 25%

    Let me know what you guys think

    Feedback and Suggestions.

  • Not sure about the instadown thing as a base ability. I do really like the scope add-on though! They absolutely should do something like that. As for base kit I had a few ideas for tweaks that might bring him back to his former glory in a way everyone can be happy with. Check it out and let me know what you think!

    @RonMan32 said:

    I'll start off by saying I'm pretty new to this game and it's community. I yoinked it on the last day of the Steam Summer Sale (2022) and have been playing it almost everyday since. Currently at 89 hours according to Steam so I won't claim to have an at all expert level grasp on the game's mechanics or balancing.

    With that said the Deathslinger in his current state is my favorite killer I've tried. I think he's really fun to use, it's really rewarding to pick your shots and shut down simple loops. But apparently he's not worth using anymore. I've only faced him as survivor once and we won all 4 in that game.

    I won't pretend to know exactly why that is but I've boiled it down to people despising the nerf he got last year. So maybe he could use a tiny buff. Some people are just calling for the nerf to be removed. As someone who never used old 'slinger I don't see the big deal with the quickscope nerf (maybe the ADS animation could be a TINY fraction of a second shorter but I think that was a necessary change). I get about 2/3rds of my shots in a game with clearly experienced players. So instead of making a call to revert that change I have a different proposal:

    What if he could move faster (perhaps just slightly, and not while carrying a survivor) if he kept The Redeemer unloaded. This would give him an option to search around the map with more haste, at the cost of not being instantly ready to chain someone should he come across a target before he reached his destination. I think it would be a decent way to give him back some "Map Pressure" if I'm using that term correctly.

    In addition to that, give him *some* of his ambush-ability back. Reduce his terror radius to 28 or perhaps even the original 24 meters and give him a non-directional humming huntress equivalent sound outside that with him whistling some western or Irish tune.

    That's it for the buffs. Finally I'd like to propose a small nerf to the chain of The Redeemer. In my experience it's way too hard for the survivor to break off if you catch them in the open with no objects to use. I think the struggling on the chain w/ out any props to break off of should progress slightly faster in general, with the object collision break being left alone.

    And that's all. I think for the most part everything else about him is good as is. *Maybe* it would be nice if The Redeemer projectile was a tad faster so a longshot is harder to dodge. You can kinda only get those if you're lucky or the survivor isn't even trying to dodge and is just W-ing foward in a straight line. Although that might be best left alone as that's probably the intended drop off at range.

    Vets and fellow newbies alike, please let me know what you think.

    P.S. I copy pasted this from my post on the reddit just because I figured it might get more interaction on here.


  • Before he gets buffed he needs to make a vocal sound when he's about to shoot. Every ranged other than slinger gives a sound before they throw a hatchet or knifes at you, slinger stays silent. This is my biggest annoyance with him. I run into walls, rocks, trees whatever since i have to run watching behind me 100% with him.

    1. No
    2. Hellll no
    3. You want another insta-down on a range killer? no
    4. Deathslinger cn go to hell. No
  • I don't think his core kit needs to be reworked. His values can be buffed a bit and he'd be in a better state such as slightly faster aim in time, slightly faster reload speed (aiming out and missed shot speeds should remain as they are), and bring his TR back to 24m so he can have that hunter feeling again and can actually reach a location without survivors pre running away so far that he can't reach them. An add-on pass would be nice for him as well.

  • The only change I'd like to see is to have his maximum range increased from 18 metres. Even just an extra 2 metres would make a huge difference.

  • i would be satisfied to see his nerfs reverted honestly...