Extreme problems with Dredge's Adept challenge (and perks).

The new killer might be cool and all but his perks are pretty damn awful with one exception (Darkness Revealed).

Let me tell you what my issues with these other two perks are.

1) Septic Touch: Only works if the killer has a terror radius, Dredge however will sneak up to you if it's already disabled. The perk is basically unusable on him.

2) Dissolution: One of the worst perks added to the game yet. Not only only does this perk tell survivors that you're using it by displaying (!) the icon on their screen, it also has a hefty delay of 3 seconds before it even activates. A survivor would have to be literally blind or incompetent to ignore this extremely generous amount of counterplay. There's simply no point to running this perk at all, especially on Dredge.

Septic Touch in general is rather underwhelming on any stealth killer who wants to sneak up to people since they generally lack a terror radius so I don't really see which niché this perk is supposed to fill. Dissolution meanwhile absolutely needs to get rid of the perk notification as well as the 3 second activation delay to be considered viable.

Comments

  • I didn't have much of an issue.

    Got it on my 2nd game. 12 hooks on Ormond, iirc.

  • @Pulsar said:

    I didn't have much of an issue.

    Got it on my 2nd game. 12 hooks on Ormond, iirc.

    Meanwhile all I'm getting are genrushers who bring brandnew parts on their toolkits and teabag me at the exit gate. Easily 2 gens pop before I even down someone, that's pretty much unplayable and MMR doesn't want to adapt to that. I wish I had any decent perks to use but I'm stuck with pretty much no way to slow down the game at all.

  • Dredge has one really good perk. That already puts it a leg up over most killers when it comes to their adept. And, like, Dissolution is a good perk concept hamstringed by its implementation, but I'd rather run it than Furtive Chase or Beast of Prey or Predator.

    When you look at killers like Wraith or Huntress that have purely terrible perks, or killers like Myers and Trapper who will suffer hard in Gatekeeper by design, or killers like Hag whose perks work against getting her adept, or killers like Bubba and Billy and Plague who won't get enough Chaser emblems if they use their power... Dredge doesn't really have problems here.

    The real issue Dredge has with its adept is that it's buggy and doesn't always unlock. (I believe it's related to using his power and teleporting around at the end of the game, but I can't confirm it.)

  • Should be fairly easy now with Ash emblem standards.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2998579#Comment_2998579

    Hate to break it to you but brand new part doesn't even work 😬

    Lol, I was just going to tell them that although the gens may seem like they flew from the bnp, they're actually bugged and do nothing. It seems more a time management problem and maybe they also got unlucky with where people spawned.

  • I don’t think septic needs the terror radius condition tbh.

  • @Mr_K said:

    Should be fairly easy now with Ash emblem standards.

    It's not. I'm constantly losing and the MMR won't adapt at all. These are matches from Ash rank III & IV by the way.

    nonstop losses.jpg


  • The only perk I actively used while getting his adept is the Darkness Revealed. This is all he needs to get a sense of where to teleport and constantly stay in the chase and proc Nightfall. I would just focus on 12 hooking them and not try to play around the perks as the other 2 are passive.

  • Word of advice for going for killer adepts, always do them on rank reset as it gives you the best chance of playing against potatoes. That's how I got the vast majority of my killer adepts, including Dredge's who I got day one

  • @TheArbiter said:

    Word of advice for going for killer adepts, always do them on rank reset as it gives you the best chance of playing against potatoes. That's how I got the vast majority of my killer adepts, including Dredge's who I got day one

    I'm already doing that, my rank is still at Ash and I'm still losing terribly every single match if you check out the match results.

  • I would also add to take the time to listen as you teleport and pause before choosing the next locker. Do it right and you can get great results.

  • @Canas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2998645#Comment_2998645

    I'm already doing that, my rank is still at Ash and I'm still losing terribly every single match if you check out the match results.

    Without further gameplay and knowing how you are using the killer, there really isn't much advise anyone can give to help you with the adept. Once I stopped getting the garden of Joy map as the Dredge, I got merciless killer and then was robbed from adept from the bug. Tried a second time and got it the game after. I did this on the day the Dredge came out so I was still in IRI ranks. The dredge isn't a weak killer, so it's probably something to do with how you are playing.

  • I consider Midwitch to be one of Dredge's strongest maps so sending yourself there may help.