Wraith Complaints that I Saw and someone accurately told the truth.

E281FC67-FD0B-48ED-A908-2B6428B56798.png

So a few days ago some guy was complaining about Wraiths running NOED. I read the feed and had a chuckle but I saw one guy say something I agreed with. It was along the lines of “Well that could be one of the best perks the web gave them”.


I was just looking through my killers and saw my tiny perk pool for Wraith and instantly thought “that dude was right… outside of NOED and HL I don’t have much…”


This actually gets me excited for the new prestige stuff.

Comments

  • That's nice and all, but I think it makes a difference if you do or do not have strong perks unlocked already. You've got some pretty poor unlocks, so running noed makes sense in this situation. Once you get some gen regression/slowdown, and other perks that lean into his power, you'll be golden! Though, keep in mind that the value you get from it will not be consistent of course. There are much better exposed perks so you don't have to wait for endgame to get some good pressure going.

  • @Sowbug said:

    That's nice and all, but I think it makes a difference if you do or do not have strong perks unlocked already. You've got some pretty poor unlocks, so running noed makes sense in this situation. Once you get some gen regression/slowdown, and other perks that lean into his power, you'll be golden! Though, keep in mind that the value you get from it will not be consistent of course. There are much better exposed perks so you don't have to wait for endgame to get some good pressure going.

    That’s what we kept trying to tell him.


    “sometimes that’s all they got” and so on.

    Yet he kept loosing his mind over it.

  • To be honest even when I was new to the game a few months ago and used Wraith I didn't ever use NoED because of it's associations with both being not fun and a crutch. I used Shadowborn/Bloodhound/Sloppy Butcher and Predator. Eventually realized Predator was actively harmful because I was missing scratch marks in some cases and swapped in Jolt. I did alright. It's not a great build but it's not bad for starting out and only uses Wraith or generic perks.

  • @Slowpeach said:

    To be honest even when I was new to the game a few months ago and used Wraith I didn't ever use NoED because of it's associations with both being not fun and a crutch. I used Shadowborn/Bloodhound/Sloppy Butcher and Predator. Eventually realized Predator was actively harmful because I was missing scratch marks in some cases and swapped in Jolt. I did alright. It's not a great build but it's not bad for starting out and only uses Wraith or generic perks.

    I don’t use NOED myself but I just found it funny that my level 21 Wraith was basically in the situation that they guy described and thought a

    bout how angry the complaining guy would be if I did put it on.

  • I don't run NOED, but yeah, it is 99% of the time one of the earliest perks that shows up in my killers' Bloodwebs, and I've got a massive amount of teachables unlocked. I always keep that in mind when I see killers running it. Wraith and Trapper are highly used by new players, so it's not surprising at all to see them running NOED. If you've got no teachables unlocked, it's probably always popping up in your level 1 Bloodweb.

  • It really do be like that sometimes tho.

  • I don't get how not using NoED is this humble brag, you are literally choosing not to use free real estate. NoED punishes survivors for ignoring bones or finishing gens at the wrong time. I know that NoED is on a list to be changed/nerfed but there are much better perks than exist, that I would rather not play against as a survivor main. Pain Resonance and Pop is some of the most degenerate gameplay you can experience, and there is very little you can do about it aside from just not going down at all.

    There are huge mistakes you can make when it comes to facing against a killer with NoED and I feel like 90% of the community walks right into those traps. It takes several chain links of mistakes for a killer to get NoED value, if you break just one of them, its useless.

  • @Biscuits said:

    I don't get how not using NoED is this humble brag, you are literally choosing not to use free real estate. NoED punishes survivors for ignoring bones or finishing gens at the wrong time. I know that NoED is on a list to be changed/nerfed but there are much better perks than exist, that I would rather not play against as a survivor main. Pain Resonance and Pop is some of the most degenerate gameplay you can experience, and there is very little you can do about it aside from just not going down at all.

    There are huge mistakes you can make when it comes to facing against a killer with NoED and I feel like 90% of the community walks right into those traps. It takes several chain links of mistakes for a killer to get NoED value, if you break just one of them, its useless.

    I’m not being humble, I run it on Spirit like a monster. I’m more just pointing out that early on NOED is a likely perk you’ll find and can actually use. This post is more just making fun of people who screech about it when some level 5 guy is running it as one of their two perks.


    Kinda like Life taking inspiration from Art so to speak.

  • @Witchubtet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2997409#Comment_2997409

    I’m not being humble, I run it on Spirit like a monster. I’m more just pointing out that early on NOED is a likely perk you’ll find and can actually use. This post is more just making fun of people who screech about it when some level 5 guy is running it as one of their two perks.

    Kinda like Life taking inspiration from Art so to speak.

    Not saying specifically you, but the community at large likes to often point out that they "don't use NoED" to express some sort of "I am better than the perk" idea. While it might help you play better not banking on having NoED, the very idea that you can bank on it, means its a decent perk. I get the idea that it boosts weaker killers, but its no different than DH/BT/DS blah blah blah. If you think playing nice will make survivors pull their punches, I have bad news for you.

  • At the very least I think there's a difference between using NOED as a crutch (which is where I think a lot on the complaints about the perk come from), using NOED because it's the strongest perk you have (as the case here and perfectly understandable), and using it as part of a deliberate build or playstyle (it's a staple in late-game and endgame builds for a reason, or you include it because endgame is generally a weak spot of yours)

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    At the very least I think there's a difference between using NOED as a crutch (which is where I think a lot on the complaints about the perk come from), using NOED because it's the strongest perk you have (as the case here and perfectly understandable), and using it as part of a deliberate build or playstyle (it's a staple in late-game and endgame builds for a reason, or you include it because endgame is generally a weak spot of yours)

    Like with my Spirit build. It’s meant to torture the remaining survivors

  • @Biscuits said:

    I don't get how not using NoED is this humble brag, you are literally choosing not to use free real estate. NoED punishes survivors for ignoring bones or finishing gens at the wrong time. I know that NoED is on a list to be changed/nerfed but there are much better perks than exist, that I would rather not play against as a survivor main. Pain Resonance and Pop is some of the most degenerate gameplay you can experience, and there is very little you can do about it aside from just not going down at all.

    There are huge mistakes you can make when it comes to facing against a killer with NoED and I feel like 90% of the community walks right into those traps. It takes several chain links of mistakes for a killer to get NoED value, if you break just one of them, its useless.

    It's not intended as a brag more like of... 'There's more to the game then winning/making the other side pissy' which I know is a concept that will never get through to some people just as telling me NoED is free real state is meaningless to me. That's not mockery, bragging or saying I'm right and you are wrong either, just stating how different people see and value things. Also I think it's honestly better to leave bones vs. NoED because it may spawn on one you know about already. If you can't find the last one and some of those spawns are nasty, you can be worse off.

    NoED is just a bucket load of no fun to go up against which I don't wish to impose on the other side. And yeah, it doesn't stop people running Dead Hard or being bullies or jerks or whatever, but some people do appreciate the effort. I don't believe it's imbalanced or anything unlike Dead Hard it's just not fun and it tends to lead to visibly degenerate playstyles most obviously via making camping easier. It's also a crutch and ultimately hinders growth.

    Pop is more passive and Pain Resonance gets regression all the time but the scream 'should' only work once. Sure these perks are very strong and are dominant at higher levels for a reason, but considering that the math of generator time vs. find/chase/hook cycle is strongly against the killer... well their existence is more understandable and at least facing it, it's not so bad from a mental stand point. NoED cheats a health state though and from a psychological point of view, well oversimplifying it, it just sucks regardless of it's actual 'power'.

  • @Witchubtet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2997213#Comment_2997213

    That’s what we kept trying to tell him.

    “sometimes that’s all they got” and so on.

    Yet he kept loosing his mind over it.

    You don't need to justify your perks, play style, etc to anyone else in the game, regardless of what side you play.

    Wasting time typing to a brick wall that's not going to care about your reasoning is a futile endeavor.

  • @Slowpeach said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2997409#Comment_2997409

    It's not intended as a brag more like of... 'There's more to the game then winning/making the other side pissy' which I know is a concept that will never get through to some people just as telling me NoED is free real state is meaningless to me. That's not mockery, bragging or saying I'm right and you are wrong either, just stating how different people see and value things. Also I think it's honestly better to leave bones vs. NoED because it may spawn on one you know about already. If you can't find the last one and some of those spawns are nasty, you can be worse off.

    NoED is just a bucket load of no fun to go up against which I don't wish to impose on the other side. And yeah, it doesn't stop people running Dead Hard or being bullies or jerks or whatever, but some people do appreciate the effort. I don't believe it's imbalanced or anything unlike Dead Hard it's just not fun and it tends to lead to visibly degenerate playstyles most obviously via making camping easier. It's also a crutch and ultimately hinders growth.

    Pop is more passive and Pain Resonance gets regression all the time but the scream 'should' only work once. Sure these perks are very strong and are dominant at higher levels for a reason, but considering that the math of generator time vs. find/chase/hook cycle is strongly against the killer... well their existence is more understandable and at least facing it, it's not so bad from a mental stand point. NoED cheats a health state though and from a psychological point of view, well oversimplifying it, it just sucks regardless of it's actual 'power'.

    And I agree, the problem people have with NoED is psychological. It may feel like the killer cheated you out of a win, but the reality is, that killer chose to have weaker slow down or chase to have a stronger end game. Once you get even near the higher end of MMR, people will quickly start to deal with your NoED with relative ease. Like even you have pointed out one counter-play when dealing with NoED, and there are many more tricks you can do to help with NoED.

    I think the main reason the perk needs a change is because there is very little counter-player when someone gets caught with NoED activating and they get downed next to the totem. That person is essentially dead unless there teammates are magicians. I think if they made NoED time based after the gens are completed, based on how many hooks you had before 5 gens were done. I have been on both ends of protecting a totem and hook before, and that situation feels too strong. But outside of that, NoED feels fine.

  • People do need to stop feeling guilty or lashing on to people using certain perks,,i'll slap that noed if i feel like same way i'll slap my sweaty ds / ub combo,,