i swear it feels like every pc player is cheating

and I'm not talking about about how good they play because i suck, i know that's what u were thinking

I'm talking about the amount of private profiles on survivors

Holy hell I've never seen this amount of private profiles in a community before

I swear every time you try to check how many hours someone has or literally anything you just get hit with with private profile

like is every pc player insecure? or yall just subtle cheating , because I'm a killer main, which you know sparks more salt and toxicity then survivors, and my profile is as public as it can get.

i know this has nothing to do with Bhvr since this is a steam option, but why so many, are you really that afraid of people calling you bad in game, or u just doing something fishy

like i honestly (mostly, holy hell i just forgot to add it here) reported every single private profile even if I killed them, not that i meet them that often anyways, NA is filled with console players which i kinda feel bad sometimes for.

moral of this post? i have no idea, I guess I'm saying its fine to suck (even with the ludicrous of crutch perks that survivors have)

i know this is in usual post but hot damn I might just start dodging pc players if everyone is just gonna private their profile


Edit : please feel free to ignore most of the post and the fact hackers take huge advantage of private profile and just tell me that because i got "outplayed" and im bad i decided to report someone and get them banned, surely that's the whole point of this post, and when i said mostly even if killed them, its mainly cuz they did some sketchy stuff im not about to report someone for outplaying like everyone is implying or that my "feelings" are hurt, if u play this game for more than an hour forget feelings or u will get hit by a rock to the face.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • To be serious

    In the most of time,People hide their private profile because they want to hide that they are swf.

  • Yes, because a profile is private, they're clearly hacking. That is a very sensible argument. I really agree with the part where you report people because someone having a private profile hurts your feelings.

  • @Sowbug said:

    Yes, because a profile is private, they're clearly hacking. That is a very sensible argument. I really agree with the part where you report people because someone having a private profile hurts your feelings.

    yea sure THAT"S DEFENITLY WHAT I MEANT

    my feeling are hurt because that person is hiding in SWF or cheating

    yep 100% u got it the whole point bud

  • @MrPeanutbutter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2997573#Comment_2997573

    “I just report everyone so in case they are cheating they’ll get banned”

    You probably don’t realize or care because it’s pretty obvious that you don’t consider the impact of your actions on others around you, but people at BHVR have to waste their time reviewing all your garbage reports and thus have less time to spend reviewing actual legitimate reports

    oh im SURE the 3 or 4 people im suspect of and report are gonna take 30 hours to process, seriously.....

  • @AcelynnBen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2997588#Comment_2997588

    yea sure THAT"S DEFENITLY WHAT I MEANT

    my feeling are hurt because that person is hiding in SWF or cheating

    yep 100% u got it the whole point bud

    Clearly, you are affected by their profile being private, hence reporting every private profile you come across. What if someone's steam profile was public, but they hid their friends, time played, and disabled comments? Would that be enough peace of mind?

  • A private profile is far from meaning they are cheating. Here on Playstation a lot of killers have their messages locked as well. It simply boils down to the fact this game is toxic. Not a lot of people like being abused on their profile/messages just for playing a match and doing well (and even sometimes doing poorly). Mine ended up getting turned off as I had multiple SWF's wish death to me and my family, tell me to off myself, threats to ruin my game next time or take action against my account. It gets old

  • @Sowbug said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2997594#Comment_2997594

    Clearly, you are affected by their profile being private, hence reporting every private profile you come across. What if someone's steam profile was public, but they hid their friends, time played, and disabled comments? Would that be enough peace of mind?

    i said mostly but clearly nobody can read, and yes most people with private profiles tend to pull some sketchy stuff and sometimes they play perfectly fine which you know in that case ggwp even if SWF and i lose to them its still a ggwp (even tho I'm gonna get stressed) im not gonna report THAT person for using dead hard or holing me that's just being outplayed not cheating

    comprede comrade?

  • @AcelynnBen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2997448#Comment_2997448

    im reporting them so if they were hacking they get banned if not they go on with their gameplay

    NOT HOPING TO GET BANNED why the hell would i wanna ban anyone that isn't cheating

    Because you're reporting people with no actual proof of cheating, it's just you thinking they maybe did something sketchy and they have a private profile. If you actually didn't want to try to get innocent players banned you would get actual proof of cheating instead of "private profile and they made an amazing play and that's sketchy so must be cheater even though there's nothing to prove they were cheating."

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2997573#Comment_2997573

    Because you're reporting people with no actual proof of cheating, it's just you thinking they maybe did something sketchy and they have a private profile. If you actually didn't want to try to get innocent players banned you would get actual proof of cheating instead of "private profile and they made an amazing play and that's sketchy so must be cheater even though there's nothing to prove they were cheating."

    you know there is the difference between something amazing and sketchy and again im just one person i doubt they would get banned dw about them

    but no here we are, telling me i got people banned even tho i reported some few accounts that felt sketchy

    let's just end this im a bit tired and had my fun, understand if u want or don't its your choice

  • Some have a private profile because they are cheating

    I have a private profile because people get mad that they can't leave their meaningless -rep comments on it.

    We are not the same.

  • @MrPeanutbutter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2997573#Comment_2997573

    “I just report everyone so in case they are cheating they’ll get banned”

    You probably don’t realize or care because it’s pretty obvious that you don’t consider the impact of your actions on others around you, but people at BHVR have to waste their time reviewing all your garbage reports and thus have less time to spend reviewing actual legitimate reports

    Don't bother obviously op thinks that he is right and anyone who doesn't agree with them is wrong and they will insult and argue with them non stop.

  • @AcelynnBen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2997633#Comment_2997633

    you know there is the difference between something amazing and sketchy and again im just one person i doubt they would get banned dw about them

    but no here we are, telling me i got people banned even tho i reported some few accounts that felt sketchy

    let's just end this im a bit tired and had my fun, understand if u want or don't its your choice

    There's a difference between people actually cheating and a player with a private profile that made a play you think was "sketchy." Just get proof of cheating instead of continuing to falsely report players that are most likely innocent.

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2997583#Comment_2997583

    Don't bother obviously op thinks that he is right and anyone who doesn't agree with them is wrong and they will insult and argue with them non stop.

    i never claimed i was right but the choice of trying to convince me here was mostly turned into insult

  • @AcelynnBen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2997658#Comment_2997658

    i never claimed i was right but the choice of trying to convince me here was mostly turned into insult

    Insult? You fail to realize that all we have done was not try to convince you but giving out opinions and asking you to think of others that your actions are affecting. The BHVR staff that has to sift through your reports that have to shred of evidence that anyone was ACTUALLY cheating it's just something "sketch" and that they have a private steam page.

    The inocent players that could get banned because of your thought process like that. Because they don't get temp banned they get Perma banned and there's no way to reverse it without proof, and if they are like you and can't record anything then you have ruined thier fun.

    That's what most of us were trying to do.....not trying to change your mind.

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2997703#Comment_2997703

    Insult? You fail to realize that all we have done was not try to convince you but giving out options and asking you to think of others that your actions are affecting. The BHVR staff that has to sift through your reports that have to shred of evidence that anyone was ACTUALLY cheating it's just something "sketch" and that they have a private steam page.

    The inocent players that could get banned because of your thought process like that. Because they don't get temp banned they get Perma banned and there's no way to reverse it without proof, and if they are like you and can't record anything then you have ruined thier fun.

    That's what most of us were trying to do.....not trying to change your mind.

    dude.....it was 4 people

    4 PEOPLE, trust me its not gonna take ages to deal with them and ONE PERSON isn't gonna get someone banned by a long shot, is that really hard to understand?

    AND IF THEY ARE INNOCENT they won't get banned where the hell is common sense, its like saying that i have some contact THE WILL 10000% get them banned which is just dumb

    and let me make it clear IM ONE PERSON

    who reported 4 people

    ONE DAMN PERSON

    between hundreds of reports

    ONE SINGLE PERSON

    alright?

  • Honestly you have no reason to think you have a saying about what settings anyone uses on their profile,,If anything you should be getting strikes from BHVR for reporting without proof/ reason other than "private profile"

  • Most people have private profiles on steam so that if you click on them, you can't see that they're friends with the 3 other people in the lobby. Though in fairness, I just assume they are if they're all private.

    All the people using 'comments on their profile' as an excuse clearly never noticed that that's a separate setting and you don't need a private profile for that.

  • @AcelynnBen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2997729#Comment_2997729

    dude.....it was 4 people

    4 PEOPLE, trust me its not gonna take ages to deal with them and ONE PERSON isn't gonna get someone banned by a long shot, is that really hard to understand?

    AND IF THEY ARE INNOCENT they won't get banned where the hell is common sense, its like saying that i have some contact THE WILL 10000% get them banned which is just dumb

    and let me make it clear IM ONE PERSON

    who reported 4 people

    ONE DAMN PERSON

    between hundreds of reports

    ONE SINGLE PERSON

    alright?

    People like you are the reason automated ban systems are a failure and a bane on most games, it only takes a few "I report everyone because reasons" to get honest, non cheating, non toxic players banned. Has happened in LoL, in WoW and it will happen on DBD when they finally decide to implement it.

    Be careful because if they put an autoban system odds are you are going to get banned too and sooner than most people with private profiles.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    Most people have private profiles on steam so that if you click on them, you can't see that they're friends with the 3 other people in the lobby. Though in fairness, I just assume they are if they're all private.

    All the people using 'comments on their profile' as an excuse clearly never noticed that that's a separate setting and you don't need a private profile for that.

    As I said before maybe just maybe they want to keep their privacy hence why it's set to private and they don't want comments or toxic players in their business. I know I'm set to private on my steam just for that reason.

  • I bet somebody already said it, but you know. Sorry I want some privacy? You don't need to know how much or few time someone has invested in a game, what their gametaste is like, etc. what you could get from a profile. Sure it is not much someone could find out. Sure, it will probably not hurt anyone in anyway (hopefully) and the comments can be disabled. But still, you do not need to know anything about a stranger on the internet that simply wants to enjoy a game. Talking down on doing something this simple is a bit disrespectful, especially when you say you report them. Imagine they got other reports from toxic players. You know that can happen. And yours might be the last drop to kick them out of a game they enjoyed, they did nothing wrong, but because of you acting a bit rash they lose this opportunity of fun.

    So please, be bit more relaxed.

    Have a nice day :)

  • @Metronix said:

    I bet somebody already said it, but you know. Sorry I want some privacy? You don't need to know how much or few time someone has invested in a game, what their gametaste is like, etc. what you could get from a profile. Sure it is not much someone could find out. Sure, it will probably not hurt anyone in anyway (hopefully) and the comments can be disabled. But still, you do not need to know anything about a stranger on the internet that simply wants to enjoy a game. Talking down on doing something this simple is a bit disrespectful, especially when you say you report them. Imagine they got other reports from toxic players. You know that can happen. And yours might be the last drop to kick them out of a game they enjoyed, they did nothing wrong, but because of you acting a bit rash they lose this opportunity of fun.

    So please, be bit more relaxed.

    Have a nice day :)

    Very well put mah dude or dudette.

  • I wonder if I've gone against you??? I once had a killer say they were gonna report me 'just in case' in endgame chat

    I don't have my profile fully private, but I have hours, achievements and friendlist private, because I know killers are going to see my 4k hours and dodge, or they'll see my achievements from 2017 and dodge or they'll check my friendslist to see if I'm in a SWF and dodge. I've also had my hours used against me like "x amount of hours and you play like that?" And I just don't wanna deal with it. I'm sure plenty of other people are privating their profiles for the same reason.

    Also just as a warning. I can't remember when, but one time I read one of the devs say that they blacklist people who over excessively use the report button with empty claims. So, if you keep doing this, you won't be able to report someone who are openly cheating.

    For hacking you also need video evidence that you have to send as a ticket on their website, otherwise nothing is gonna happen. The report button are mostly effective for endgame chat slurs, threats and such. I once reported a cheater, but only had screenshots of them flying above and under the ground and it apparently wasn't evidence enough, they want a full fledged video.

  • I'm closing this here.

    Please keep in mind that reporting every single private profile just because you assume they are cheating is abusing the reporting system, try to avoid it.

    And just a reminder that to report cheaters you need to record your game and open a ticket on the Support website (https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) giving all the required information.

  • @CakeDuty said:

    I wonder if I've gone against you??? I once had a killer say they were gonna report me 'just in case' in endgame chat

    I don't have my profile fully private, but I have hours, achievements and friendlist private, because I know killers are going to see my 4k hours and dodge, or they'll see my achievements from 2017 and dodge or they'll check my friendslist to see if I'm in a SWF and dodge. I've also had my hours used against me like "x amount of hours and you play like that?" And I just don't wanna deal with it. I'm sure plenty of other people are privating their profiles for the same reason.

    Also just as a warning. I can't remember when, but one time I read one of the devs say that they blacklist people who over excessively use the report button with empty claims. So, if you keep doing this, you won't be able to report someone who are openly cheating.

    For hacking you also need video evidence that you have to send as a ticket on their website, otherwise nothing is gonna happen. The report button are mostly effective for endgame chat slurs, threats and such. I once reported a cheater, but only had screenshots of them flying above and under the ground and it apparently wasn't evidence enough, they want a full fledged video.

    this guy is on a mission to get every private profile banned without a solid evidence of cheating while piling up nonsense reports that have to be reviewed at the expense of actual legit ones,,

1 2 3 ›