Main house in the Garden of Joy
Is it just me or the house in the Garden of Joy is too dark? It looks impossible to follow survivors of they have iron will Tier 3. It's so dark that I couldn't even see that there's a breakable wall on the top floor, I just saw it because of the prompt on my screen. Is it possible to add more lights especially on the top floor of the main house in the Garden of Joy map?
The screenshot shows that I'm breaking a wall, in case you may say "I need darkness in a horror game"

Comments
I had zero idea that there was a breakable wall up there until I accidentally ran into it and saw that I could break something
On the top floor especially where that generator spawns, it is literally pitch black. I'm honestly not sure how no one noticed that at BHVR...
Exactly. I thought it was a temporary thing for the PTB only but when I saw it in the live version as well I think that the PTB was actually completely pointless. Another reason why I think the PTB was completely pointless is that there was the "printer" Ghostface Chase music that made it to live again. Something ain't right
There is?!?!
Uh-huh, straight ahead as you come up the stairs, I believe.
I'm pretty sure it was a breakable wall. I kicked something and it broke but since I can't see anything, maybe it's a super special breakable locker that is hiding up there :D
See, it's right there! Can you not see it? :D
I don't like darkness in my horror games
You know this is a bug that is on every pc and I'm smirking because I'm on switch which allows me to see surviors hiding where a pc player would never spot. But yeah it's that dark due to a bug.
It's not totally unheard of having the lights off if nobody's home.
Yeah, but the weird thing is on console it's really bright (at least from the times I've played on it on console), but on PC it's very dark. The Haddonfield houses have the same issues.
Yeah, it’s like super dark in some rooms good for survivor stealth, so it’s in contention for best main building for survivor in the game
Imagine Shadow Step and Iron Will up there, just a thought. Don’t do it though. That would be ridiculous.
I'm on Xbox and you can see my screenshot above. It is very much not bright 😅
it's so dark, especially at the stairway and certain upstairs rooms. I can't see where the hell I'm going and I've lost people in chase because I genuinely could not tell whether they tried to spin around me, run forward, or literally just stood still. I don't like broad daylight lighting for DBD, but this is ridiculous - you shouldn't be blind in this game. That one room in new Haddonfield was bad enough, but at least I could hope that was a fluke of poor lightmapping. This indicates a pattern or some bizarre new design philosophy.
For anyone who wants to tell me that dark is good and you should feel scared and lost playing this game, I'm gonna dredge (heh) up a screenshot I took when this map dropped. Spot the Elodie opening the chest. I sure as hell can't, and I was the Elodie.
oh, its so clearly obvious now.
Oh, then it must have been a bug or something. I've only played on the map like 2-3 times on console and the map was extremely bright every time, so I don't really know. This was when the chapter first came out too.
The rest of the map is bright and anywhere in the house with a light is relatively bright (not as bright as outside but you can still see) but basically anything in that house with no light source is pitch black like that.
Can you see that i'm breaking a wall here? I'm on PC
This is the same wall but on PC
I just hopped on (handheld) Switch and have the opposite issue
For me those rooms are close to pitch black. I just would like to know if this will get fixed or if I just have to quit anytime I get this map because of the massive disadvantage I have. For those who say I'm over exaggerating, here's more proof that you can't see anything (PC)
Can you see on the last picture that there's a survivor on the right? Can you see the chest he's going to open on the left?