Overcome - Good or Just Average exhaustion perk?
Currently debating running Overcome over Lithe and was wondering how every rates Overcome as an exhaustion perk.
Contributions much appreciated as always :)
Currently debating running Overcome over Lithe and was wondering how every rates Overcome as an exhaustion perk.
Contributions much appreciated as always :)
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It's below Dead Hard and Sprint Burst, so I guess average.
Personally I put it third- behind Dead Hard and Sprint Burst, respectively. Comes in handy when you zoom off towards a strong loop, or an area where there are no gens and only 1 gen left to do. If the killer insists on pursuing you there, then you punish hard (unless it’s Nurse). If it’s Nurse, then you just die like usual. 😂
Lithe is more reliable. Overcome requires you to be healthy and not exhausted to work. Powerless against one shot killers and perks. It’s only just above Smash Hit.
Second best Exhaustion Perk
That's a hot take. Maybe if it worked while protected by the endurance status effect (like it did while it was bugged), it might be situationally better than Sprint Burst.. but in no way is it second right now.
I love overcome definitely a solid exhaustion perk. You get so much distance even more the sprint burst. It's great and makes other builds nice
I love Overcome users, they're easiest to tunnel. Both cause they're usually potato survivors that can't loop and it doesn't work when injured
It has its uses.
It can easily discourage killers from chasing you since the distance it gives is a LOT considering the killer is also wiping their weapon.
The ONLY thing I don't like about it is how it relies on a NON-insta down killer or that you're not exposed in any way.
Clearly outclassed by Sprint Burst and Dead Hard. And probably Lithe as well.
But it is probably better than Balanced Landing, Head On or Smash Hit - but this is not difficult...
I love Overcome and I've been using it a lot more lately. Sure, Dead Hard and Sprint Burst are way better, but Overcome has gotten me out of chases faster than any of those 2 perks. And the killers tend to leave me alone when I bring it, so that's a plus.
The Fact that they nerfed it so it doesn't work with endurance makes it kinda crap
I like it tbh, very good for heavy M1 killer's , even against huntress and deathslinger breaking line of sight quicker.
Eh, I guess it's fine, you're guaranteed to use it if you engage with the killer I guess, I personally like lithe more because you're in control of when you drop the chase
Good. Better than most. But as TotemSeeker said, I prefer Light. But overcome is a good one since you'll use it in a chase anyway, as you usually will with Lithe
I wouldn't run it over Lithe.
Overcome is by far the best exhaustion perk in the game. Not even dead hard can beat it, and for these reasons.
Really is dependent on the person, but it's better than sprint burst.
As for dead hard, just personal opinion whether you'd rather use dh or oc.
So far it's the best exhaustion perk to me, helps me stall killer for another 30 seconds and give some time for my team, instead of going on a hook immediately.
I actually agree with most of this; I think Overcome is a really underrated exhaustion perk.
My issue with it, as you said, is that it's completely negated by killers with insta-down abilities. I generally find SB and Lithe more efficent as these can still be used during chases against killers who can insta-down, whereas Overcome requires the M1 injured hit to activate. The only counter to SB/Lithe is Doctor's shocks, or perks/addons which cause the exhausted effect (such as Fearmonger).
For me, I'd personally rate the exhaustion perks this way:
Top Tier: Sprint Burst and Lithe
Mid Tier: Balanced Landing, Overcome, and Dead Hard
Bottom Tier: Smash Hit and Head On
I know it's controversial putting DH as mid-tier lol but I think it's so, so overrated and I personally much prefer exhaustion perks which give you good distance and can be matched with other perks for better effect (Smash Hit with Parental Guidence, or Lithe with Q&Q and Dance With Me). I can't wait for the day DH gets nerfed so that we stop getting threads about it being OP every day haha!
Wait, what? It doesn't work with Endurance? I didn't use Overcome for a long time, but last time I did, it worked with Endurance.
A lot of killers just give up once they see I'm using it, so that's helpful lol
DH is top tier if used correctly, like making the distance to reach a window/pallet or the Exit Gate or avoinding a hit.
But it's bottom tier if not used correctly, which is what most people seem to do. Like, press E too near a window, so they can't vault and get stuck. Or press E in a dead zone while the Killer didn't even fake a hit and they wasted a perk slot because it did nothing to save their a**.
I wish that was still a thing... Just like I wish that THE RUBBERBANDING ISSUE WOULD BE FIXED SOON!
I agree! That's kinda what I was trying to say when I said DH was overrated. What I meant by this was that DH isn't 100% reliable and can easily be negated by killers bating it, or it being used in dead zones. DH requires precision and timing to be as effective as it can be, whereas perks such as Lithe or SB are far more reliable and always work well - they're generally much more reliable and rarely let you down.
It was acknowledged as a bug and changed. It was the one redeeming quality of Overcome, that gave it a situational edge over the other exhaustion perks. Shouldn’t have been removed.
Worst exhaustion perk in the game imho.
Useless if exposed.
Useless if getting tunnelled off the hook (and the only exhaustion perk to be useless off the hook).
Even Smash Hit, as bad as it is, still works in both of those instances...
Boring, worse Sprint Burst imo