new meta's?

so i just had a swf who gave up after i ended up getting them in a nasty spot and they apologized but they had a sweaty nurse earlier so not in a good mood. they said they didnt wanna resort to meta and just 1 of them has ds bt ub and dh so i asked why they had it and they said the only way to beat meta is with meta. That is wrong seeming as how my build is bitter, spies, pain res and thana. but what are the new meta's?

Comments

  • Gen regression/ Gen stalling for Killer

    And Second Chance perks for Survivor

    Take it with a grain of salt... I can't be more specific then that

  • Idk about meta to beat meta coming from a survivors mouth but meta to beat meta as killer is 100% true.

  • The meta for killer has always been stacking 4 slowdown perks, or 3 slowdown and 1 tracking perk (like Tinkerer)

    The meta for survivor has always been stacking second chance perks and mixing in other perks like Circle of Healing, Iron will, Windows of Opportunity and so on

    What's changed is on the killer side, there are now a bit more variety in useful perks

    Sometimes you'll see ruin pop

    sometimes you'll see pop pain res

    or pain res dead mans switch

    or ruin pain res

    and so on.


    The most meta thing at the moment is DH + IW - probably the most used combo at the moment. Like when people used to run DS UB when DS didn't deactivate itself.

  • @Brimp said:

    Idk about meta to beat meta coming from a survivors mouth but meta to beat meta as killer is 100% true.

    No it works both ways for sure.

  • You do not need meta as survivor to beat killer meta.

  • @Brimp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2986113#Comment_2986113

    You do not need meta as survivor to beat killer meta.

    You literally do.

  • As someone that plays both sides, I can say both is necessary depending on how high your mmr is.

  • Idk the matches that i see of a not even communicating 4 man with non-meta perks beating an oni with 2 slowdown would like to differ.

  • @Brimp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2987874#Comment_2987874

    Idk the matches that i see of a not even communicating 4 man with non-meta perks beating an oni with 2 slowdown would like to differ.

    Then we're not talking about those matches are we?

    I'm talking about a killer running a FULL meta build at high mmr. Try going against a blight with full meta with Pebble, spine chill, dark sense, and kinship lol.

  • @RisingTron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2987906#Comment_2987906

    Then we're not talking about those matches are we?

    I'm talking about a killer running a FULL meta build at high mmr. Try going against a blight with full meta with Pebble, spine chill, dark sense, and kinship lol.

    Can work because survivors that are actually good can play around a good blight. I think you underestimate the skill ceiling of survivor because so many people are bad and have perks carry them.

  • @Brimp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2986113#Comment_2986113

    You do not need meta as survivor to beat killer meta.

    Wouldn’t you you need ds since a killer will just tunnel you out quit? Both sides need meta to combat going against the meta for the opposing side

  • @RisingTron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2987906#Comment_2987906

    Then we're not talking about those matches are we?

    I'm talking about a killer running a FULL meta build at high mmr. Try going against a blight with full meta with Pebble, spine chill, dark sense, and kinship lol.

    @FilthyLegionMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2987874#Comment_2987874

    As someone that plays both sides, I can say both is necessary depending on how high your mmr is.

    I play both sides and have over 2000 hours on the game. I play huntress as a main and not only does dead hard and ub destroy me... i destroy lots of surviviors. I just switched to pc so my mmr isnt otz level high but i definitely dont go against noobs every game. Survivor I can loop really well depending on the time, sometimes im not feeling it or I am, just depends on if i feel good. But my point is that i dont need meta and even when i was on console playing consistently before military, when my mmr was definitely higher and i got way too manyh spirits and deathslinger. I never needed ds and dh and spine chill resilience, i mixed my builds and solo que, hell even if i didnt escape because my teammates sucked i could loop the killer and when he chased other people got insta downs. SO what you NEED is a survivors who know what they are doing. Gen rushing doesnt mean anything if you arent good at it and coordinated, if everyone knows how to run a jungle gym and do gens they can run no perks and win against meta. meta is used because people arent good or other people are using it, killer meta is unfun as ######### to go against but so is throwing a hatchet over a box and hearing a hit and dead hard saved them. No one needs meta.

  • @MommyHunktress said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2987945#Comment_2987945

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2987879#Comment_2987879

    I play both sides and have over 2000 hours on the game. I play huntress as a main and not only does dead hard and ub destroy me... i destroy lots of surviviors. I just switched to pc so my mmr isnt otz level high but i definitely dont go against noobs every game. Survivor I can loop really well depending on the time, sometimes im not feeling it or I am, just depends on if i feel good. But my point is that i dont need meta and even when i was on console playing consistently before military, when my mmr was definitely higher and i got way too manyh spirits and deathslinger. I never needed ds and dh and spine chill resilience, i mixed my builds and solo que, hell even if i didnt escape because my teammates sucked i could loop the killer and when he chased other people got insta downs. SO what you NEED is a survivors who know what they are doing. Gen rushing doesnt mean anything if you arent good at it and coordinated, if everyone knows how to run a jungle gym and do gens they can run no perks and win against meta. meta is used because people arent good or other people are using it, killer meta is unfun as ######### to go against but so is throwing a hatchet over a box and hearing a hit and dead hard saved them. No one needs meta.

    I still stick with my sprint burst, power struggle and parental guidance but damn it sucks being matched with teammates that have 30 hours and getting a killer around my level. Makes me feel bad for the poor baby meg that had to be matched with that. Also maddening since they were the weakest link.

  • @FilthyLegionMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2988366#Comment_2988366

    I still stick with my sprint burst, power struggle and parental guidance but damn it sucks being matched with teammates that have 30 hours and getting a killer around my level. Makes me feel bad for the poor baby meg that had to be matched with that. Also maddening since they were the weakest link.

    definitely! The matchmaking will always suck, but thats not a meta issue, hell we might as well call matchmaking a meta issue since its been around longer than any other game issue XD

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2986991#Comment_2986991

    Wouldn’t you you need ds since a killer will just tunnel you out quit? Both sides need meta to combat going against the meta for the opposing side

    You see the plot hole in that argument right... If the killer decides to really leave chase to come back to hook from across the map the killer is just wasting more time. And if they're camping first hook that should be an easy 2 out at least.