Is the Prestige rework coming on June 7th / 16th ?

June 7th is when the new chapter drops, and June 16th is when the Anniversary event starts. I know that the devs told us that the Prestige rework is coming out "tentatively this summer", but I would love it if the devs could at least tell us if it's happening on either of these 2 dates.

Many of us have been prepairing characters for prestiging, prestiging them, and also plan to save up BP for the new chapter characters. I still have cakes and puddings on P2 characters, and would like to know about the prestige update, because depending on this, I'd need to P3 those last characters before using up the BP offerings, just 'cause I want those P3 rewards.

Also, if the prestige rework comes out on the 16th, then I'll need to get Haddie and the Dredge from P0 to P3 insanely fast, which means a ton of urgent grinding.

I'd greatly appreciate info on this!

Comments

  • It's not coming with the dredge update

    It'll likely be the midchapter that's scheduled for July/August time

  • P3 Rewards are not cosmetics, so its nothing like Legacy

    And its not a charm (thank god)

    My guess is theyre gonna show portraits for characters in the endgame screen where ranks use to be, and characters who were prestige 3 prior to the update will have a unique border or something

    EDIT: Oh and to answer the question, its not this patch coming up, its likely the mid chapter in the middle of the summer

  • Whatever the rewards may be, I've been grinding a LOT for the past 2 years, just in case the grind gets simplified and we get some rewards for it. No matter what the rewards end up being, I want to have all of my characters at P3 (I have every survivor at P3 and every killer except for 4 P2 killers. One of them being a killer with 30+ anniversary cakes, so if the prestige update comes out on the 7th of June, I'll have to P3 them urgently and lose many cakes) before the prestige rework.

  • Not this patch

    Nobodys knows about rewards but as stated above, probably a banner or smth legacy type to show you did p3

  • I don't know what made you think for a moment that the new character progression system would be released on June 7th.


     Summer certainly begins in June but ends in September.


     And it's not 100% sure so it can still be pushed back, although this update isn't complicated to set up.


     Since it is enough to take the basic system the one that unlocks the skills in the web of another character when you mount a lvl 30/35/40 character.


     They will just take this mechanic and copy it to P1, P2, P3 but this time the skill appears directly.


     Technically it's not hard to do.


     So they're not releasing this in September, surely it will be for a good reason.

  • Otherwise you are a former player, so you have every interest in P3 now the last characters you have left.


     It's more from a new player's point of view that P3 now wouldn't be very profitable, since there are too many characters.

  • Summer 2022 is the forecast, with any delays being communicated to us whenever possible.

  • They've been heavily implying that it's going to drop in the mid-chapter which makes sense as that's when this kind of stuff usually drops.

    That's assuming it doesn't need to get pushed back.

    Definitely not on June 7th though.

  • I appreciate all of your responses, but I really hope that a *dev* gives an official statement on this. Logically, I wouldn't expect the prestige change to come out on the 7th, but you can never know for sure. If it does come out on the 7th, and BHVR was negligent on communicating that to us (it's possible), then I will miss out on the rewards for just a few characters that I could have P3-ed (I just need to hold the button) within 1 minute. And if the change comes out on the 16th, then unless I grind maniacally for a week, I won't get Haddie and the Dredge to P3.

    A few months before the removal of Hawkins offerings, BHVR mentioned in a patch note that they would be removing them with the mid-chapter update or something, but not everyone read the patch notes carefully, nor did everyone remember about the removal. BHVR could have given us a heads up a few days prior to the Hawkins offering removal in-game and/or on Twitter, but they didn't. If I knew the offerings would have been removed, I would have used them all, 'cause I adore that map and it's a big shame I didn't get to enjoy it more before it was gone.

    That's why I am concerned that BHVR will push this change without giving us a heads-up, and many of us are gonna be frustrated. The grind for P3 has been going on for a few years, and it's been a passion of mine, albeit exhausting at times.

    Please BHVR, be transparent about this. <3

  • @Shroompy said:

    P3 Rewards are not cosmetics, so its nothing like Legacy

    And its not a charm (thank god)

    My guess is theyre gonna show portraits for characters in the endgame screen where ranks use to be, and characters who were prestige 3 prior to the update will have a unique border or something

    EDIT: Oh and to answer the question, its not this patch coming up, its likely the mid chapter in the middle of the summer

    Ohh hell that would be a crap of reward.I would like a unique charm or skill related with the character.

  • @Alen_Starkly said:

    I appreciate all of your responses, but I really hope that a *dev* gives an official statement on this. Logically, I wouldn't expect the prestige change to come out on the 7th, but you can never know for sure. If it does come out on the 7th, and BHVR was negligent on communicating that to us (it's possible), then I will miss out on the rewards for just a few characters that I could have P3-ed (I just need to hold the button) within 1 minute. And if the change comes out on the 16th, then unless I grind maniacally for a week, I won't get Haddie and the Dredge to P3.

    A few months before the removal of Hawkins offerings, BHVR mentioned in a patch note that they would be removing them with the mid-chapter update or something, but not everyone read the patch notes carefully, nor did everyone remember about the removal. BHVR could have given us a heads up a few days prior to the Hawkins offering removal in-game and/or on Twitter, but they didn't. If I knew the offerings would have been removed, I would have used them all, 'cause I adore that map and it's a big shame I didn't get to enjoy it more before it was gone.

    That's why I am concerned that BHVR will push this change without giving us a heads-up, and many of us are gonna be frustrated. The grind for P3 has been going on for a few years, and it's been a passion of mine, albeit exhausting at times.

    Please BHVR, be transparent about this. <3

    If it was coming out next week it would have been on the PTB as part of the test.

  • I thought the prestige rework was going to come out with the Anniversary mascarade (around 17th June), so i'm confusion after reading the comments.

  • I don't know where you're getting these exact dates from. The only official news we have is "tentatively slated for release this summer"

    Mandy from BHVR has stated that we'll be getting more news about the reward as it comes closer, so obviously it's not going to happen anytime soon. If I were to take a wild guess it would be sometime in July with the midchapter.

  • If my memory serves well I recall them saying in the stream it would probably be around end of the summer so I guess around late August or maybe early September.

  • @Alen_Starkly said:

    I appreciate all of your responses, but I really hope that a *dev* gives an official statement on this. Logically, I wouldn't expect the prestige change to come out on the 7th, but you can never know for sure. If it does come out on the 7th, and BHVR was negligent on communicating that to us (it's possible), then I will miss out on the rewards for just a few characters that I could have P3-ed (I just need to hold the button) within 1 minute. And if the change comes out on the 16th, then unless I grind maniacally for a week, I won't get Haddie and the Dredge to P3.

    A few months before the removal of Hawkins offerings, BHVR mentioned in a patch note that they would be removing them with the mid-chapter update or something, but not everyone read the patch notes carefully, nor did everyone remember about the removal. BHVR could have given us a heads up a few days prior to the Hawkins offering removal in-game and/or on Twitter, but they didn't. If I knew the offerings would have been removed, I would have used them all, 'cause I adore that map and it's a big shame I didn't get to enjoy it more before it was gone.

    That's why I am concerned that BHVR will push this change without giving us a heads-up, and many of us are gonna be frustrated. The grind for P3 has been going on for a few years, and it's been a passion of mine, albeit exhausting at times.

    Please BHVR, be transparent about this. <3

    If that's your concern they have confirmed 100% it will not be on the 7th.

  • @mischiefmanaged said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2981773#Comment_2981773

    If that's your concern they have confirmed 100% it will not be on the 7th.

    Have they? All I know is "summer", but it already feels like summer, so... And there's no guarantee that the prestige change would be available on a PTB. Hopefully it will, but how can we know for sure... I'm just trying to make sure that my years-worth of grinding doesn't go to waste. Both the P3 grinding, and the grinding I did to get those 30+ anniversary cakes that are still remaining.

  • @UnknownKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2981664#Comment_2981664

    Ohh hell that would be a crap of reward.I would like a unique charm or skill related with the character.

    I mean they did say they wanted to make prestige something to show off your dedication to a particular character, so Im assuming this is the route theyre going with

    Either that, or some BP/shards.

    Maybe even some devotion levels if were that unlucky

  • If they were, I feel like we would have seen something in PTB or they wouldn't be holding back what the reward is.

  • If a dev doesn't answer you you'll likely have to go on your guts, but if it were me I'd just prestige the characters you haven't even if your losing out on a lot of cakes, but that's me. I only prestige characters I want perks off of or who I'd want the reward for. My precious demo is now a level 1 prestige 3 puppy with no perks and I'm so sad 😅🥲

  • @Alen_Starkly said:

    I appreciate all of your responses, but I really hope that a *dev* gives an official statement on this. Logically, I wouldn't expect the prestige change to come out on the 7th, but you can never know for sure. If it does come out on the 7th, and BHVR was negligent on communicating that to us (it's possible), then I will miss out on the rewards for just a few characters that I could have P3-ed (I just need to hold the button) within 1 minute. And if the change comes out on the 16th, then unless I grind maniacally for a week, I won't get Haddie and the Dredge to P3.

    A few months before the removal of Hawkins offerings, BHVR mentioned in a patch note that they would be removing them with the mid-chapter update or something, but not everyone read the patch notes carefully, nor did everyone remember about the removal. BHVR could have given us a heads up a few days prior to the Hawkins offering removal in-game and/or on Twitter, but they didn't. If I knew the offerings would have been removed, I would have used them all, 'cause I adore that map and it's a big shame I didn't get to enjoy it more before it was gone.

    That's why I am concerned that BHVR will push this change without giving us a heads-up, and many of us are gonna be frustrated. The grind for P3 has been going on for a few years, and it's been a passion of mine, albeit exhausting at times.

    Please BHVR, be transparent about this. <3

    Mandy replied on a different post confirming that they will notify us before the rework.

    image.png


  • @Alen_Starkly said:

    Whatever the rewards may be, I've been grinding a LOT for the past 2 years, just in case the grind gets simplified and we get some rewards for it. No matter what the rewards end up being, I want to have all of my characters at P3 (I have every survivor at P3 and every killer except for 4 P2 killers. One of them being a killer with 30+ anniversary cakes, so if the prestige update comes out on the 7th of June, I'll have to P3 them urgently and lose many cakes) before the prestige rework.

    I still have like 70 cakes on pyramidhead, we better not lose those