How Am I Supposed to Win As Survivor?

When I get teammates like these people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYhfUT2o358

I can't even enjoy the game with my friends anymore because our random is always throwing the match or brand new to the game. Every Killer we get plays extremely hard with maximum slowdown. We literally can't win a 3v1.

It's such ######### and I'm so tired of having 10 bad games and one decent game.

Comments

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2979650#Comment_2979650

    My statement about me and my friends being unable to enjoy the game was meant to be taken in a general sense.

    I do not exclusively play with 3 people. Sometimes, people have lives and they can't play DBD. That was one of those times.

    Me having no perks and running a Blight for a gen really hurt the team, ig. Apparently, we would've won according to you, if only I had 4 meta perks.

    If you want me to post VODs just say that. Things like what you describe happen so often that it's not worth recording.

    for the third and last time read my post before replying.

    I said: harder. Simply that, yo just made it harder, not impossible, not surely possible if u had perks, but HARDER

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2979661#Comment_2979661

    for the third and last time read my post before replying.

    I said: harder. Simply that, yo just made it harder, not impossible, not surely possible if u had perks, but HARDER

    Sorry, a 2v1 at 5 gens isn't winnable. Doesn't matter if I had 4 perks or none.

    Didn't expect that to be so controversial with you.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2979603#Comment_2979603

    I just want to say thank you for accepting my Steam friend request.

    Lcukyyyyyyy

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2979665#Comment_2979665

    Sorry, a 2v1 at 5 gens isn't winnable. Doesn't matter if I had 4 perks or none.

    Didn't expect that to be so controversial with you.

    I am being respectful with your post, I simply commented things that called my attention and some that didn't make sense with content shown and words written, I am here to comment my opinion, I would appreciate if you could read my words correctly and not make up a different sense because when someone takes sarcasm or overreacts to my comments I take it as I'm being made fun of, you want serious games and I want serious comments that's it. I'm sorry I won't bother anymore

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2979667#Comment_2979667

    I am being respectful with your post, I simply commented things that called my attention and some that didn't make sense with content shown and words written, I am here to comment my opinion, I would appreciate if you could read my words correctly and not make up a different sense because when someone takes sarcasm or overreacts to my comments I take it as I'm being made fun of, you want serious games and I want serious comments that's it

    I'm being respectful with my comments.

    It's clear we don't understand each other.

    I suggest we drop it.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2978802#Comment_2978802

    "same as even if you "lost" you still ranked up slowly so did the bad players"

    Wrong. "Generally speaking" if they were still ranking up there were at least doing a descent amount.

    "bad people who played a lot ended up in Iridiscent anyway by virtue of playing a lot"

    That was not a result of bad players still pipping, that was a result of the terrible reduction in rank reset they made which piled everyone up at Iridescent. You used to reset a bunch so the bad player occasionally pipping generally speaking didn't get them to Iri whereas after the change the rank reset barely moved you so even those occasional pips when they were bad still got them to Iri. You're essentially conflating two separate issues.

    "I suppose they had to sacrifice someone to shorten the queues and since Solos have been getting the short end of the stick since the game released it was only natural for us to get thrown under the bus again."

    While obviously solo queue is always going to be worse than SWF people are vastly over exaggerating it. You're not always getting the short end of the stick. Even in solo queue I am still the power role in this game, by far.

    Nah, even when the reset sent you back 10 ranks you could reach iridiscent even if you werent good, I know because I did reach rank1 with the harsh reset and I wasnt good enough to be there but I just played a lot, as long as you saved two people from hooks, you werent caught first and used that time for repairs you would pip. Pip conditions were more lenient for Survivors before the ranking rework, the old system the reset was harsher but the pip and black pip conditions were softer.

  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2979100#Comment_2979100

    Nah, even when the reset sent you back 10 ranks you could reach iridiscent even if you werent good, I know because I did reach rank1 with the harsh reset and I wasnt good enough to be there but I just played a lot, as long as you saved two people from hooks, you werent caught first and used that time for repairs you would pip. Pip conditions were more lenient for Survivors before the ranking rework, the old system the reset was harsher but the pip and black pip conditions were softer.

    "as long as you saved two people from hooks, you werent caught first and used that time for repairs you would pip"

    If you did all that then you in fact did not play bad, which is why you pipped. You just described playing well. Make saves, time efficient on gens.

    To win lots of your games you don't even need to be a good looper, you just need to be efficient on gens. You can just pre drop pallets.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2979684#Comment_2979684

    "as long as you saved two people from hooks, you werent caught first and used that time for repairs you would pip"

    If you did all that then you in fact did not play bad, which is why you pipped. You just described playing well. Make saves, time efficient on gens.

    To win lots of your games you don't even need to be a good looper, you just need to be efficient on gens. You can just pre drop pallets.

    You can save 2 people from hooks and last 20 seconds in a chase, thats not being a good player, you may not be garbage but you are in fact, bad. I know I was bad, I know I dragged teams because if I was caught first the Killer had a hook in 20 seconds but there I was, iridiscent because I just had a ton of time to put in this game.

    P.D. Yes, I know the guy who can loop for 3 minutes but refuses to do gens or save people is also a bad player too.

  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2979690#Comment_2979690

    You can save 2 people from hooks and last 20 seconds in a chase, thats not being a good player, you may not be garbage but you are in fact, bad. I know I was bad, I know I dragged teams because if I was caught first the Killer had a hook in 20 seconds but there I was, iridiscent because I just had a ton of time to put in this game.

    P.D. Yes, I know the guy who can loop for 3 minutes but refuses to do gens or save people is also a bad player too.

    But it wasn't just 2 saves, you also said you were efficient on gens. That's not bad.

    Which 20 seconds in chase is also the bare minimum the killer has to achieve. Any longer than 20 seconds in chase and it's losing the killer the game.

  • @Pulsar said:

    When I get teammates like these people.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYhfUT2o358

    I can't even enjoy the game with my friends anymore because our random is always throwing the match or brand new to the game. Every Killer we get plays extremely hard with maximum slowdown. We literally can't win a 3v1.

    It's such ######### and I'm so tired of having 10 bad games and one decent game.

    I feel your pain in every shape and form whenever I do play DBD. I typically duo with a friend who still plays the game and on occasion, I would 3 man swf with another buddy of ours. Every game is either a stomp or a competitive game where our teammate/s have barely any hours and throw the game. Then it's back to 10-15 mins in the lobby. MMR has literally killed the game for me.

    I've since moved on from DBD for the most part (I've skipped the last 2 archives and have my bp capped at 1.7 mil) along with the majority of the friends I've made there. Hopefully, the game will be in a palatable state one day so that we can still enjoy it occasionally for nostalgia's sake.

  • @Pulsar said:

    When I get teammates like these people.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYhfUT2o358

    I can't even enjoy the game with my friends anymore because our random is always throwing the match or brand new to the game. Every Killer we get plays extremely hard with maximum slowdown. We literally can't win a 3v1.

    It's such ######### and I'm so tired of having 10 bad games and one decent game.

    Just have 3 friends

    And bring perks, slowdown is mostly needed because survivors have way to slowdown the killers objective so it is needed to counter balance, I get the moral highroad of don't bring them, but sadly its an arms race and most people would rather stay at a high level then temper down since the game isn't always at specifically your level of you bring nothing, people prefer to have them and not need them rather than need them and not have them

1 2 ›