I genuinely feel bad for killers

Had this match against a nurse, she played very well, got 2 hooks on all of us, downed us pretty fast, didn't camp and tunnel, but still all gens got done fast af cuz our team was efficient on gens (that's all that's needed for survivors to win). So as soon as the exits were opened she knew that she had lost despite doing so well, so she just stood in a corner waiting for us to end her suffering and just leave. However, the other 3 survivors just kept clicking at her while she stood in the corner, refusing to leave. They were doing that to a killer that played "fair". Killers are such a joke in dbd, i genuinely feel sad for people who play this role, but i also respect them. Congrats devs, you've managed to make this a horror game FOR the killer.

Comments

  • @Wampirita said:

    I usually don't go to the gate after survivors if it's already open and I know they're waiting there, I'll usually go to the basement and wait for them to leave. Not giving them the satisfaction of looking at them works better for me too. And they won't come BM me there, cuz it's a dangerous ground for them and they have to leave.

    Being a killer main can be tough, but when you survive through those countless bm matches and get that one wholesome survivor group, it's enough to make your day better and keep trying to play :D

    I main Blight, so I usually go around the map practicing my rushes. I genuinely think that I’ve gotten better because of it so these days when I lose I’m hoping they stay lol

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/325719/i-genuinely-feel-bad-for-killers

    One cannot fight against gen speed without kill speed. She should have learn to tunnel to keep the pressure up. Two hooks in about five minutes? I presume it means the team was pretty immerse (and in that case, camping may be more suitable)

    That being said, I really don't like it when my teammates wait at the door when the game is already won. I find this childish and lame.

    2hooks on all of us, reads more like all on deathhook.

    The story sounds more, like other have already said here, like a 8hook/0kills killer like me and others.

    Then the trial itself is no "suffering" but the "survivor wait for the whole 3 minutes for whatever reason" is still annoying and turns probably a good amount of fair killers away.

  • Don't feel bad, people who play the game signed up for this, including me. We don't have a gun pointed to our heads forcing us to play killer. We play it because it's fun, despite the unfun times.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2975198#Comment_2975198

    2hooks on all of us, reads more like all on deathhook.

    The story sounds more, like other have already said here, like a 8hook/0kills killer like me and others.

    Then the trial itself is no "suffering" but the "survivor wait for the whole 3 minutes for whatever reason" is still annoying and turns probably a good amount of fair killers away.

    Yes, now that you say it it makes more sense to read "all of us" as "each of us".

    I've stopped trying to do that myself. I only do a survivor "round-robin" if they are giving me the time to do so. Otherwise I'll make sure someone dies fast. (As a rule of thumb, I want one survivor dead by the time two gens are left.)

  • @Alphasoul05 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2975035#Comment_2975035

    It's almost like 99% of Nurse's aren't godlike poggers youtube Nurse's that slug the entire team in 2 minutes, and you can still be really really good with her and not play a full on Starstruck/Agi slug and win in 2 minutes build. If you wouldn't even consider a Nurse who plays fair and doesn't tunnel/camp, gets everyone to death hook, while not knowing the map, their addons, their perks, or the survivors, you're quite frankly someone whos opinion means next to nothing

    On the other hand your opinion is extremely valuable, random guy on the forums LOL

  • Here's the official wiki details on how the Unbroken emblem works for reference:

    Escaping a Trial without being downed results in an Iridescent Emblem, while being downed at least once results in a Gold Emblem.

    If you die in a trial, the Emblem Quality is based on the amount of time you were alive.

    However, the highest Emblem Quality one can obtain in this manner is Silver.Your goal is to gain as few points as possible for this Emblem:

    0 points: starting value, Iridescent Unbroken

    1 point: added for being put into the Dying State

    999 points: added if the time you were alive for was less than 300 seconds (5 minutes)

    899 points: added if the time you were alive for was less than 540 seconds (9 minutes), but exceeds 300 seconds (5 minutes)

    799 points: added if the time you were alive for exceeded 540 seconds (9 minutes)

    Special Condition:

    If you escape unbroken (without having been downed once) and the time you were alive exceeds 540 seconds, you will automatically be awarded an Iridescent Emblem

    Notice:

    The displayed percentage thresholds for this Emblem, unlike for all others, were defined in code and depend on the obtained Quality; they are not calculated via actual percentages, as that would be impractical for this Emblem.

    Note that the wiki also outlines that 999 points is No Emblem, 899 points is a Bronze Emblem, and 799 points is a Silver Emblem. So that above chart corresponds to getting No Emblem if you only live 5 minutes, a Bronze if you live 5-9 minutes, and a Silver if you live over 9 minutes.

  • Lol the fact that killers are forced to run pain/dms/corrupt on everything is what makes it hilarious. Its a joke. The devs hate killer imo.

  • Pretty wild how so many turned this original post into an us vs them thing when that's not what it was at all.

  • Times like that I'm not even in game anymore. Overlay FTW

  • Well, all I can say is hope those survivors to be welcomed by high MMR Nurse mains.

  • image.png image.png

    4k with tombstone piece. +0 on grade. survivor finished 4 generators. nice

  • @DrBrain said:

    Lol the fact that killers are forced to run pain/dms/corrupt on everything is what makes it hilarious. Its a joke. The devs hate killer imo.

    But you're not. I play Legion and Nemesis without any of those perks and I get my Rank 1 every month. I switch things out for different builds.

    The only one I've used is Pain Resonance, and only on Legion. Nemesis doesn't know it or Corrupt or Deadman's. I have used Pop Goes the Weasel on him occasionally.

    But these perks aren't paired with Ruin, Pentimento or any other slowdown. They're the only slowdown in the loadout if they're used.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    Oh yea, only survivors are toxic. All killer players are innocent angels. We should hate all toxicity, not just one-side.

    Another "They vs Us" post from you.

    I've played both side for years and toxicity is well and truly 90% - 10% survivor sided. Very rare to see a toxic killer for me. All hate mail and salt is survivor based, never had a killer mail me grief yet had plenty from survivors.

1 2 ›