First match, killer was cheating

Ok so I have played DBD on PS4 since 2018 when the game was released for free. I’ve been dabbling in streaming and decided I wanted to try moving to PC. I went all out and spoiled myself… getting a nice gaming computer, mouse, etc. I installed all the programs, updated graphics cards, bla bla bla. Now comes the moment where I purchase DBD for PC, load in, do the tutorial because I’ve never done keyboard and mouse before…


THEN I LOAD INTO MY FIRST MATCH!!! I was terrified because I was a beginner all over again (with the controls). We all went down in 30 seconds against an Oni and then were instahooked. There was no pick up and carrying. Once we were all slugged, the killer walked up to each one of us and then we were instantly dying on the hook and immediately sacrificed. The match ended within a minute.


… what the heck PC DBD?

Comments

  • Some people lag switch and unfortunately unless your recorded, filed a ingame report and send the report to bhvr nothing can be done. Thankfully most games aren't with cheaters.

  • @Ladyinadress18 said:

    Ok so I have played DBD on PS4 since 2018 when the game was released for free. I’ve been dabbling in streaming and decided I wanted to try moving to PC. I went all out and spoiled myself… getting a nice gaming computer, mouse, etc. I installed all the programs, updated graphics cards, bla bla bla. Now comes the moment where I purchase DBD for PC, load in, do the tutorial because I’ve never done keyboard and mouse before…

    THEN I LOAD INTO MY FIRST MATCH!!! I was terrified because I was a beginner all over again (with the controls). We all went down in 30 seconds against an Oni and then were instahooked. There was no pick up and carrying. Once we were all slugged, the killer walked up to each one of us and then we were instantly dying on the hook and immediately sacrificed. The match ended within a minute.

    … what the heck PC DBD?

    Zuh.

    I've...literally never seen this before.

    Just file a report after the game.

  • @starkiller1286 said:

    Some people lag switch and unfortunately unless your recorded, filed a ingame report and send the report to bhvr nothing can be done. Thankfully most games aren't with cheaters.

    It was just nuts to me that this was my first pc match. Not the best impression at all

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    no video?

    No I didn’t think to record. It was literally my first match in any game ever with mouse and keyboard 🤙😂


    i hear a lot about cheating in DBD but don’t really encounter it on console. This took me by surprise

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    no video?

    most people don't record there dbd games

  • @Ladyinadress18 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2973700#Comment_2973700

    No I didn’t think to record. It was literally my first match in any game ever with mouse and keyboard 🤙😂

    i hear a lot about cheating in DBD but don’t really encounter it on console. This took me by surprise

    Tbh cheating is not a rampent as the forums make it out to be. Since I started playing I only faced a few cheaters. Mostly lag switchers or subtle speed hackers. I wouldn't let it affect you that much

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2973704#Comment_2973704

    Tbh cheating is not a rampent as the forums make it out to be. Since I started playing I only faced a few cheaters. Mostly lag switchers or subtle speed hackers. I wouldn't let it affect you that much

    I see some people say they get a cheater almost every game. i will never believe that

  • @Ladyinadress18 said:

    Ok so I have played DBD on PS4 since 2018 when the game was released for free. I’ve been dabbling in streaming and decided I wanted to try moving to PC. I went all out and spoiled myself… getting a nice gaming computer, mouse, etc. I installed all the programs, updated graphics cards, bla bla bla. Now comes the moment where I purchase DBD for PC, load in, do the tutorial because I’ve never done keyboard and mouse before…

    THEN I LOAD INTO MY FIRST MATCH!!! I was terrified because I was a beginner all over again (with the controls). We all went down in 30 seconds against an Oni and then were instahooked. There was no pick up and carrying. Once we were all slugged, the killer walked up to each one of us and then we were instantly dying on the hook and immediately sacrificed. The match ended within a minute.

    … what the heck PC DBD?

    There are a LOT of BOTS and CHEATERS on PC.

    The Devs are well aware....The issue persists.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/325637/first-match-killer-was-cheating

    There are a LOT of BOTS and CHEATERS on PC.

    The Devs are well aware....The issue persists.

    That’s extremely unfortunate. Not so much on console. I think I only encountered maybe one match where I saw things that made me thing a person might be cheating

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2973713#Comment_2973713

    I see some people say they get a cheater almost every game. i will never believe that

    almost 3000 hours in the game and still never seen a bot killer.

    Not saying they dont exist, I have seen the videos, but personally, never get them. I doubt people get them as often as they claim.

  • Welcome to the PC community, you will find a cheater everyday, especially sub cheaters

  • @KateDunson said:

    Welcome to the PC community, you will find a cheater everyday, especially sub cheaters

    That’s really irritating 😭

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/325637/first-match-killer-was-cheating

    Zuh.

    I've...literally never seen this before.

    Just file a report after the game.

    Sounds almost like those hacker bots that walk through walls and see everybody.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2973717#Comment_2973717

    almost 3000 hours in the game and still never seen a bot killer.

    Not saying they dont exist, I have seen the videos, but personally, never get them. I doubt people get them as often as they claim.

    It’s probably an MMR thing. I’m guessing cheaters are either all in the very high MMR bracket since they can win all the time or in the very low MMR bracket by intentionally throwing lots of games or somehow hacking their rating.

  • I, too, have just gotten someone lacking their father figure

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2973704#Comment_2973704

    Tbh cheating is not a rampent as the forums make it out to be. Since I started playing I only faced a few cheaters. Mostly lag switchers or subtle speed hackers. I wouldn't let it affect you that much

    I hope so! I spent a minute or two wondering I just witnessed after the match ended haha

  • You quote one of the main reasons why I quit to play this game: cheaters.

    My last 5 matches as killer 4 were with cheaters (2 flying claudette in one of those matches)

  • @Tostapane said:

    You quote one of the main reasons why I quit to play this game: cheaters.

    My last 5 matches as killer 4 were with cheaters (there was 2 flying claudette)

    I’m curious why you are still on the forums?

  • @Tostapane said:

    You quote one of the main reasons why I quit to play this game: cheaters.

    My last 5 matches as killer 4 were with cheaters (there was 2 flying claudette)

    It’s still definitely enjoyable on console! Idk how much you play games on console though

  • To give a warning to the other people who still think that this game could change for the better... Also to give my opinion on the actual state of the game generally speaking