Change in direction is extremely promising
I've always been extremely (and sometimes excessively) vocal and critical of some of BHVR's decisions that I have been displeased with, but looking at this recent shift in approach to the game; being extremely transparent with upcoming changes, explaining buffs and nerfs, taking the most popular feedback to buff killers like Legion (the combo mechanic was a massively popular addon suggestion), a roadmap of upcoming changes and approximate times when they'll apply, big meta-shaking changes to the most popular perks...
This almost feels surreal in how excited it's making me to see where the game is going. I'm not sure what spurred this, but it is a welcome change.
Comments
I'm glad that you're finding this to be a welcome change...it's something we're very aware of with our way of communicating and trying to make changes and make the community feel more involved in these changes. We appreciate that the information given out on the Anniversary Stream was a lot at once, and we will be giving out more information over the coming months with regards to the changes that were discussed.
I hope it's something we can continue to do, and I do hope the community as a whole will understand that whilst we can't give exact dates (because of course something can go wrong and things can get delayed etc) that we're trying to at least give a rough estimate of when things can be expected and if we're unable to deliver at that point, we will say it's been put on hold/put back/delayed etc and give an approximate date of when.
I'm personally really happy with the way the information on the Stream has been received and it's definitely a path on which I wish to continue.
I'd also like to say I really appreciate the engagement from yall. I don't frequently see eye to eye with the devs but hearing from them and people in the know (like you) is a refreshing change from most other communities.
I'm sure the change came from listening to the Community, BHVR hears us always, Thanks to the Forum/social media team.
The Prestige Changes are like almost literally word for word what I asked for and have posted on relevant threads.
The Legion changes addressed the same critique, I have had of Legion since their last changes.
I guess I owe you and your team a drink @MandyTalk
And We are finally getting that 'Locker teleporting Killer' we asked for a lot..
Its just so damn pleasing. Thanks.
Thank you!
It's completely fine that you disagree - life would be totally boring if everyone agreed with things and I have appreciated the respectful way you do disagree. As I've always said, we do welcome criticism and feedback, it's the way that this is presented is where the issue can lie.
mine's a whiskey thanks!
<3
We definitely see things differently.
But do I dare give praise to the devs? Hardly, but at least they're trying.