Why isn't the blight 110%?

I don't think it's a controversial statement to say that blight needs a toning down. He's got the best mobility in the game, some of the best and most busted addons in the game, one of the best chase powers in the game, a very short cooldown after using his rush, insane synergy with slowdown and aura perks, he can break pallets with his power, he has 5 whole rushes compared to nurse who has 2, and he doesn't even need to charge his power like hillbilly or huntress or even nurse, he can just instarush. He's even easy to pick up and play, apart from learning his 100 techs and bump logic that make him essentially unloopable. That isn't a bad thing, but it's just the cherry on top of a slightly overtuned killer.

I've been trying to think of how to tone him down without making him bad, and 110% movement speed is the best I can think of. It's silly how deathslinger is 110% and blight is 115% considering their chase powers are basically the same in terms of power. Plus, it would raise his skill ceiling by forcing blight players to learn the power and use it creatively to get hits. He doesn't need the speed to chase, and he doesn't need it for mobility, so I think it's an acceptable change to make him not quite so ludicrously strong.

What do you think? Maybe instead of a movement speed reduction, he should lose some rush charges or have a longer cooldown? I don't hate blight but he feels cheap when compared to other fairer killers like huntress, hillbilly, oni, demogorgon, etc.

Comments

  • Blight addons are busted, they have no negatives to it. And imo is crazy that he's an actual 115% considering nurse is 95% and she has base 2 blinks up to max 3, and blight could have 7 plus 115%.

    Yet basekit blight, without his exploit tech is fine, he just needs addon nerf and his exploits fixed and he will be fine, but if they fix those, he will be nowhere near nurse, since every blight abuses his tech exploits in order to get ridiculous hits that they shoudn't get.

    Dbd is the single game that i know by far, for every exploit they calling it a "tech".

  • Spirit doesn't teleport. She simply moves faster and is hidden. She can be blocked by pallets and windows.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2971537#Comment_2971537

    That doesn't make sense.......? Which is it. He's NOT fair or balanced and I can 4k because he's OP.....? Or I only 3-4k because I face bad survivors supposedly.....? Which would mean against good survivors I would not 4k and that would mean he's fair and balanced.

    Please make sense

    How many times you 3-4k on average? If he’s balanced, I suppose it would be 50% only

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2971537#Comment_2971537

    That doesn't make sense.......? Which is it. He's NOT fair or balanced and I can 4k because he's OP.....? Or I only 3-4k because I face bad survivors supposedly.....? Which would mean against good survivors I would not 4k and that would mean he's fair and balanced.

    Please make sense

    I would say @dictep made more sense than you did in this argument @BrokenSouI, since what Dictep said is not what you said, even though you quoted him.

  • @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2971728#Comment_2971728

    Spirit doesn't teleport. She simply moves faster and is hidden. She can be blocked by pallets and windows.

    the wiki mentions her power as a teleport

    BE47F040-2EAE-4180-AFE3-5FAB01BDEC98.jpeg


  • Not just the wiki, the devs too. It was always considered a teleport power, despite not looking like one.

  • Blight is only OP because good Blight players are exploiting his bugs and his powerful add ons, that's it


    His base kit is absolutely fine and can be countered by pallets, walls, and stuff like that


    If he was completely dependent on his power like Nurse is he would be much weaker because unlike Nurse he cannot go through walls

  • An idea: What if the Alchemist Ring specifically dropped Blight to 4.4, like Hillbilly's fast chainsaw addon?

  • @Regulus47 said:

    I don't think it's a controversial statement to say that blight needs a toning down. He's got the best mobility in the game, some of the best and most busted addons in the game, one of the best chase powers in the game, a very short cooldown after using his rush, insane synergy with slowdown and aura perks, he can break pallets with his power, he has 5 whole rushes compared to nurse who has 2, and he doesn't even need to charge his power like hillbilly or huntress or even nurse, he can just instarush. He's even easy to pick up and play, apart from learning his 100 techs and bump logic that make him essentially unloopable. That isn't a bad thing, but it's just the cherry on top of a slightly overtuned killer.

    I've been trying to think of how to tone him down without making him bad, and 110% movement speed is the best I can think of. It's silly how deathslinger is 110% and blight is 115% considering their chase powers are basically the same in terms of power. Plus, it would raise his skill ceiling by forcing blight players to learn the power and use it creatively to get hits. He doesn't need the speed to chase, and he doesn't need it for mobility, so I think it's an acceptable change to make him not quite so ludicrously strong.

    What do you think? Maybe instead of a movement speed reduction, he should lose some rush charges or have a longer cooldown? I don't hate blight but he feels cheap when compared to other fairer killers like huntress, hillbilly, oni, demogorgon, etc.

    Because he can't use his power at every loop,sometimes you just need to chase normally (m1),and you know that 4.4 killers can't chase #########,so it would force him to use his power (not cool).

1 2 ›