Artist builds or playstyles that make her as unfair as humanly possible?
I think we've all had one of those matches against her that just makes us wished we hadn't logged in to play today. But whatabout playing her.
I think we've all had one of those matches against her that just makes us wished we hadn't logged in to play today. But whatabout playing her.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
This only works against people that dont know what you are doing while it works on most maps, it doesnt work well on vertical maps like RPD or pallet town.
PR, DMS, Deadlock, BBQ. Down and hook the first guy you see, look at the survivors auras with bbq and send 3 birds on those gens. Survivors will get off them and they will be locked for 45 seconds. Face camp the guy on hook during those 45 seconds and wait a few seconds more till they hit 2nd stage then make your way over to the closest active gen and start patrolling for a survivor to rinse and repeat. Alternatively you can also just hard tunnel the guy on hook that already hit 2nd stage.
Its easy to counter honestly but works really well against usual pubs. Hell works really well against usual swfs as well.
The key to making her competitive seems to be BBQ and DMS. I personally prefer Corrupt Intervention and Discordance for the other two perks. Same thinking as yours but I found Pain Resonance doesn’t really provide a much larger effect over the information from discordance.
Pain resonance is there because its pretty good with DMS basically. You dont have to take it but its imo really good on her. But yeah the real stars are BBQ and DMS
Any build with dms makes her scary, add severed hands and you're good to go and be annoying as hell.
Tunneling with artist is not very efficient imo cuz she can down easily basically any survivor so wasting time avoiding other survivors is not worth it. Whoever u see chase him so considering this no way out is a good choice
How is it exactly "easy to counter" when she can force you off gens while also camping the hook? DMS update was a terrible idea when Artist exists.
Get off the Generator before she sends birds, and get back on it after she sent birds, and you now wasted 12 seconds of DMS and got 15% progress on a Generator
Its an incredibly easy counter. I'm not going to be sharing it though since i like playing artist from time to time.
She sends birds after hooking so either you don't do the gen while she camps, or the gen would block when you dodge the birds. Either way you can't make meaningful gen progress before someone is out of the match.
I would agree this strat isn't "easy to counter," but it can be counterable maybe. Basically, once you're forced off the gen you're working on, you just hop onto another gen and rinse and repeat and hope that you can get a little progress on all of them slowly. This artist strat is very annoying though because it basically guarantees a 4k and is extremely boring to play as. Camping someone and blocking all the gens is just not a fun or skilled way to play here. Very hard to counter and I'm glad that the few artist players don't do this. (I main artist)
I mean, all of her builds have some form of counterplay so it's not really unfair, just powerful.
That being said DMS, PR, Corrupt, BBQ with tongue + carrion is nasty.
Yes, which is why you get off the Generator and only get on it after she sends birds
On Artist?
If I'm feeling like I'm in for a tough game, I default to:
I'm actually not the biggest fan of DMS on a lot of killers - I think it gives you a false sense of security before 4 gens pop at the same time. But Artist works well with it.
Discordance and FOR/BBQ gives you plenty of targets to hock birds at post hook. PR is just a wonderful tool all round.
Another great build is:
She's incredible at defending totems, and this build is evil as nobody ever expects Devour on an Artist.
It's a tough one, but revolves around camping which is hopefully getting changed very soon.
That said, your best bet is to rotate around the gens. DMS only blocks - it doesn't regress. This can create a 'dam' effect, where you're stuck at 4 gens for longer than feels good, but suddenly the dam breaks and all 4 pop together.
Always release the gen just before she hooks (to dodge PR) then get back on it. If she sends a birb, do a bit more then leave the gen, drop the birb and get on the next gen. Rinse/repeat.
She's also a bad camper - remember, she can't use her power at hooks. So you can wait for someone to get close to the next state, then exchange.
I don’t find builds an issue on her I find her power to be very unfun to go against, there’s almost little to no counterplay..
Then you're giving her the same effect as DMS, not progressing the gen.
So a teammate goes down, I get off the gen, then back on after hook. I get maybe 5 seconds of progress before she sends a bird. Maybe stay on another 5 seconds before I'm forced to leave. Now it's blocked for 35 seconds. Running to another gen (that may already be blocked as well) takes 15 seconds or so. Now my teammate is halfway to 2nd stage and I've done a grand total of 10 seconds of objective progress. While the killer has done nothing but camp and throw birds. And this is fine??
Have you every played against an Artist with DMS? You don't get on the Generator after she hooks a Survivor, you get on it after she already sent her birds.
If you're going to complain about something, at least know how it even functions
I've been using DMS / PR / Pentimento / Plaything - If they're not on gens, then they're on totems. and with the recent CoH changes, more and more people are cleansing. DMS and Pentimento's 30% slow must be so frustrating XD
Really? I both love playing and playing against Artist (despite her rarity) precisely because she has so much play and counterplay.
A lot of people go against her wrong and try to get greedy on loops, or follow predictable switchbacks. They also love to get greedy on gens, and far too often give me easy snipes.
The easiest counterplay to her is to just hold W, listen for the cue and then juke her birds. Treat her a bit like you'd treat a Huntress or Slinger.
Of course I know how it works. Do you know how generators work? They don't progress while you're waiting for the killer to hook someone and then send birds. So now I should run away from the gen, wait for birds, then run back, then leave again in another 10 seconds when she throws more birds?
And this accomplishes nothing more than my previous scenario. Killer gets free pressure without leaving the hook.
I wouldn’t call losing ~11% of Generator progress and ~30 seconds worth of Generator blockage "free pressure"
What would you call it when it's happening to all 3 gens being worked on while also camping someone out of the match? It doesn't need to 100% entirely shut down progress. It just needs to effectively make gen progress much slower than the hooked survivor's timer. This is terrible game design.
The counter to this build needs to be something other than "throw yourself at the hook every 45 seconds, giving the killer points and objective progress for doing nothing, and hope you do it perfectly every time so she doesn't end up with a slug under the hook or someone hitting 2nd stage".
That’s the issue, she places a dire crow at a pallet you either as a survivor run to another tile and hopefully have enough distance to do so which is very rare or literally run straight back into her after you made her think your going to loop around infront of the crow and if she shoots her crow you vault and if she doesn’t you die... Boring killer design and boring counterplay style. Hillbilly is the only fun killer to go against
nevermind i decided to just play spirit since i can get farm mdr addons from the bloodhunt. hehe