The Greatest Lie Ever Told

Comments

  • While Nurse's skill-ceiling is heavily exaggerated, she is the hardest Killer to pick up.

    I'll do you one better.

    Dead Hard = balanced

  • The greatest lie ever told is that Dead By Daylight is a breakfast cereal.

  • She needs skill to play when I first started learning her I couldn't land any hits and got bullied for endless matches till I mastered her lol but I still suck she's tricky to play.

  • @BadZilla said:

    She needs skill to play when I first started learning her I couldn't land any hits and got bullied for endless matches till I mastered her lol but I still suck she's tricky to play.

    Would disagree.

    She has a step learning curve, but once you get used to her Blinks, she is pretty easy to play. Her difficulty is really exaggerated. And so is her Skill Ceiling, there are many Killers in the game who are weaker than her but have a higher Skill Ceiling (Blight, Billy, Huntress, just to name a few).

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    While Nurse's skill-ceiling is heavily exaggerated, she is the hardest Killer to pick up.

    I'll do you one better.

    Dead Hard = balanced

    sigh. it never fails...

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2970219#Comment_2970219

    Would disagree.

    She has a step learning curve, but once you get used to her Blinks, she is pretty easy to play. Her difficulty is really exaggerated. And so is her Skill Ceiling, there are many Killers in the game who are weaker than her but have a higher Skill Ceiling (Blight, Billy, Huntress, just to name a few).

    Huntress? That is a really interesting one I do not see thrown around too much. Is she your main? Lol.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2970226#Comment_2970226

    Huntress? That is a really interesting one I do not see thrown around too much. Is she your main? Lol.

    Nope. But nice try.

    IMO it is way harder to get good throws in with her compared to Blinks.

  • Yeah nurse is the one killer for those who aren’t good at killer

  • I think equating almost anything in DBD to skill is just people padding their fragile egos.

    DBD is pretty basic, most "skill" is the result of a bit of map knowledge, some good guess work, RNG, poor balance and a bit of luck. There is very little skill involved.

    Remember the less intelligent you are the more you are inclined to attribute any success to your own skill than real factors at play.

    Meaning if you are padding your ego by touting your skill, even just to yourself, then maybe you need to put down the video games and pick up a book once in a while.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2970303#Comment_2970303

    Nope. But nice try.

    IMO it is way harder to get good throws in with her compared to Blinks.

    The fact that Huntress’s hatchet hitboxes are about as consistent as expired peanut butter does not help that’s for sure

  • I can see what you all mean with nurse being difficult to learn. My opinion is that she's just different in all ways to the other killers on how she can acquire a hit and that's why she's difficult to pick up. But once you got her, you got her. If I were to rephrase my original post, it would be to say that her skill-ceiling is high and such kinds of conversations. I do in fact think it's just people patting their own ego when it comes to nurse. There's nothing special about going against a "good" Nurse with Lethal Pursuer, Floods of Rage, BBQ and Pain Rez in a match with range add-ons. And saying she has a high ceiling is compensating the crutch.

  • @redjasper said:

    I can see what you all mean with nurse being difficult to learn. My opinion is that she's just different in all ways to the other killers on how she can acquire a hit and that's why she's difficult to pick up. But once you got her, you got her. If I were to rephrase my original post, it would be to say that her skill-ceiling is high and such kinds of conversations. I do in fact think it's just people patting their own ego when it comes to nurse. There's nothing special about going against a "good" Nurse with Lethal Pursuer, Floods of Rage, BBQ and Pain Rez in a match with range add-ons. And saying she has a high ceiling is compensating the crutch.

    The ceiling comes from mindgaming against increasingly better players who know how to mindgame and evade you. This is precisely why good and great survivors do fine on average against equally good and great Nurse players. However, matchmaking-wise, good players are unlikely to face other good players given there's less of good/great/insane players than average. So matchmaking will put them against average players. Beating average lobbies is not hard with any killer.

    Beating those actually equally good or better survivors is different.

  • Every Killer needs Skill to play well

    Which is one reason they added MMR

  • @pseudechis said:

    I think equating almost anything in DBD to skill is just people padding their fragile egos.

    DBD is pretty basic, most "skill" is the result of a bit of map knowledge, some good guess work, RNG, poor balance and a bit of luck. There is very little skill involved.

    Remember the less intelligent you are the more you are inclined to attribute any success to your own skill than real factors at play.

    Meaning if you are padding your ego by touting your skill, even just to yourself, then maybe you need to put down the video games and pick up a book once in a while.

    "Remember the less intelligent you are the more you are inclined to attribute any success to your own skill than real factors at play."

    This especially. There's so many players on both sides that pat themselves on the back and yell upstairs to mom that they're the greatest to ever do it and the CEO of video games.