Potential nerf idea to Survive with Friends without hurting solo
I've put this idea in a few places and I figured I might as well make a thread for it to get some real feedback.
The idea is simple. If you are queued with friends you cannot share the same perk with any one of them. In other words, no perk can be run more then once between friends.
If two groups of 2 come into a game, they can in theory run two of the same perks but not the 2 people who are together. If 4 come into together, they must use 16 unique perks. If 4 solo people come into together, they can use whatever they want.
One of the worst things about facing SWF is when they bully squad and have 4 copies of asinine bully perks when used in tandem. This at least would go some way to help with this, they'll have to at least get slightly more creative.
Considering how the ready up sequence works currently there might be a bunch of loopholes and ways around the system but if work is done, I'm sure it'd be doable to put this in the game.
Comments
Personally, I usually run pretty off-meta stuff (safe for BT) and usually don't even see my perks in my teamies' loadouts, so generally I'm not even opposed to the idea. But. I also notice a huge difference between me running my fun-builds and me trying to put together an actually viable build without using the standard ten-or-so perks that are most common. It's kinda not possible. In the end, I'm either stuck with Adrenaline or Prove Thyself.
What I want to say is: Yes. Sure. Make it so that people entering a lobby together can't equip the same perks --- But only if the four builds are equally strong and are as viable as a build a soloQ-er can put on. And that is simply not possible atm (for duos it might be). If the goal is to see more variety in perks used then that future fundamental rework of the ~40 perks seems to be the best appraoch to me. - Once there are more than 10 or 15 or so viable perks you can choose for your build I'm all for limiting perk duplicates to create more variety.
That being said, if people want to bully, they will always find a way to bully. Game mechanics can't really prevent that kind of behaviour. Having a community that values sportsmanship and fairness would go a long way - and support also needs to act quickly and swiftly and a referee not afraid of handing out red cards. But... I kinda can't see that kind of community emerging anytime soon around here 😅Maybe, one day.
I'd be already satisfied if Map-Offerings were denied for SWFs tbh
We cant nerf swf for 2 reasons. There might be more but i dont want to think too hard about it.
SWF shouldn't be allowed to burn certain offerings (hook and map offerings)
I think the game would be better off overall if they just removed all map offerings altogether. The big problem with map offerings is they greatly exacerbate any map balances or exploits because they allow people to force the game onto those problematic maps at will. On top of which they also reduce map variety in the game because certain maps are going to be (rightly or wrongly) considered more favorable for survivors than others. (I say survivors because there are four survivors, each of whom might potentially choose to use an offering, and only one killer per match. So the odds of an offering being on the survivor side are about four times greater all other things being equal even if all the maps were relatively fair and exploit free.)
That impossible to do as long as killer strategies break the game.
Please do not try to punish people for simply playing with their friends.
Just like face camping: take the sting out of the experience by offering a BP multiplier at the end of the match. Making fun stuff punitive is a horrible mistake.
Hmmm…. Okay, this is a good point. Still. Considering how tilted the game to survivors is and clearly not designed for communication it’s pretty hard to balance solo and swf. Inevitably you are going to anger someone. Arguably one of the reasons bully squads are born is from the notion that the game is simply too easy playing it normally. However nerfing survivors to make the game more challenging hurts solo much more.
Definitely support the idea that a victim of a face camp should get more blood points due to basically being told ‘you don’t get to play’. As it is now they are basically punished for something not in their control.