T-Type Nemesis and its current problems in Dead by Daylight
Greetings! I'm a Nemesis main and played him since the release of the 5th Anniversary. Now, I'm explicitly going to explain to you what Nemesis current problems are and what affect it has on Dead by Daylight's future. My apologies for my English, it's not my native language.
Contamination and Vaccine
Nemesis lag survivors if they're contaminated by either through his zombies or Nemesis himself with his special attack. This causes problems for survivors who either play on a low-mid tech PC or on old-gen console versions like the PlayStation 4 or the Xbox One. For some reason, this lag will disappear after they use their vaccine, which, by the way, will freeze the game for a second or two after using a vaccine. Opening vaccine crates also causes lag for unknown reasons.
Zombies and AI
Nemesis zombies are peculiar but at the same time it doesn't seem that useful in most of my matches. Albeit their tracking capabilities or rarely pressuring survivors from their generators, wasting a pallet, pressuring exit gate switch or, being a menace and provide survivors easy escapes by sandbagging Nemesis or providing a speed boost for survivors, they can be a real pain in the ass at certain events.
Zombies AI's extremely bad. I'm sorry to come up so brash and straight-forward but most of my matches, it's where they get stuck in corners or they stay idle for the entire match and they refuse to move or chase survivors. They just stand there watching the grass grow.
Add-ons
Most of Nemesis add-ons are not that great. I could name a few. Licker Tongue and Iridescent add-ons. All the zombie add-ons too because of its AI problems otherwise I would think differently about them. The best add-ons for Nemesis is the increase contamination add-ons for his special attack. I don't know why Licker Tongue exist but I think this add-on should get a rework, it's completely useless and a waste of bloodpoints. Maybe turn zombies into lickers?
Nemesis Power
His tentacle provide a huge benefit for Nemesis. He can hit survivors in certain places where they think it's impossible for him to reach which it does and it's awesome. He can also destroy pallets fast and continue the chase without issues. The only downside is that survivors can crouch and avoid being hit by his tentacle. I thought they fixed that but it still exist in the game.
Unique Perks
Lethal Pursuer
Having the upper hand at the start of the match is beneficial but this perk kinda feels useless to me as it's only a one time use perk. You can easily find survivors without the need of Lethal Pursuer. You're better off using Bitter Murmur, Rancor, Barbecue and Chili or Scourge Hook: Floods of Rage. Maybe they should add this to Lethal Pursuer: When a survivor dies, show the auras of survivors within 32 meters radius for 3/4/5 seconds.
Hysteria
Hysteria is situational at best. Most survivors would heal themselves back before you get to activate this. They refuse to heal at all when they face the Plague or Legion. I think the only way to use this perk is if they remove the condition where you have to put a healthy survivor into the injured state and that all survivors are affected by Hysteria regardless of their health state.
Eruption
This is a good perk. No need to change or add anything.
Conclusion
These are the problems that I experience often and I hope I provided you with as much information as possible. What I hope now is for the developers of Dead by Daylight to act upon it and bring solutions to the table. If there are any questions, please, let me know.
Comments
Agree with most of it.
However I disagree about Eruption, it's terrible. Remove its cooldown and bump the % reduction up to like 12%. People underestimate how costly it is to kick gens. That is a significant downside. It's also high risk as you can lose the gen before actually getting the down and then that kick gave you nearly nothing.
Infection needs to do more. Make the zombies move like 20% faster per infected survivor. Also take away the sprint burst on Infection hits since it's not a damage state.
Along with better zombie AI they need increase FoV base kit and better survivor detection.
Nemesis needs better add-ons and better Zombie AI. His power is okey and fun.
Or maybe more zombies?
you could buff eruption to 15% and I'm not entirely sure if killer would use it over pop. other two perks are joke-tier perks.
I guess you're right. I rarely use Eruption because kicking generators cost too much time. I like that infection idea and adding Admin/Visitor Wristband in their base kit but like what use does it have when the AI is so bad?
I heard that adding more zombies is not possible because of their servers or engine limitations? They didn't explain why.
The zombies are a mixed bag, they're more a detection system than another way to get downs. It's important to keep in mind they're drawn by noise and this includes loud noise notifications making perks like discordance and tinkerer very good on nemmy if you want zombies to pressure gens. Yellow Wristband with The Yellow Eyeball is a great combination but I'll admit without add-ons the zombies can be lackluster at times.
Lethal Persuer is actually a very good perk just not on nemmy. But put it on a wraith or billy or even cenobite and you can get extremely good value from it.
The rest I generally agree with.
I think i remember McLean saying at one point during a twitch stream that crouching behind objects to avoid the tentacle whip is an intended counterplay.
I agree. I was being very conservative.
On some objects sure except crouching behind a pallet to avoid being hit by Nemesis tentacle is ridiculous to say the least.
I understand that zombies aren't here to be 2 unique killers and yeah those perks could work if the AI wasn't so bad. I remembered when Mikhail's Eye was at 50% zombie movement speed. I'll never know the reason why they nerfed that add-on.
And again, lethal pursuer is still situational. You're better off using other aura perks for constant aura detection. Wraith you can easily find survivors with his cloak speed especially with All Seeing - Blood, Billy you can just use your chainsaw and find survivors with ease and Cenobite is already easy because 1 out of 4 survivors has no choice but to grab and solve the puzzle so you can instantly find and chase the survivor with a single press of a button.
I guess this post didn't gain a lot of traction 🪦
I'm a Nemesis Main too!
CONTAMINATION AND VACCINE
I had no idea that this was a lag issue for people! I have a pretty beefy PC and a good router that Xfinity only betrays when it feels like it - so I don't see this issue on my end. This should be resolved, though, I had no idea players were encountering such issues!
ZOMBIES AND AI
Too true. Zombies are a nice aid at times, but more often than not they're in corners or failing to pressure survivors in loops while only getting in my way. The abundancy of flashlights also renders them moot in many trials.
ADD-ONS
STARS field manual should give zombies a little 'lunge' to their attacks. Zombie Movement speed items (Intestine, Eye, Ink Ribbon, Badge) should give slightly lower bonus to their patrol speed and slightly higher bonus speed to their pursuit (I.E. Instead of +0.5m/s | +0.4 m/s patrol +0.6m/s upon seeing a survivor). Zombie Heart and Tyrant gore should be a flat +1, T-Virus sample should be reworked and cause survivors to become Broken for 30 seconds when hit with the tentacle. Marvin's Blood should be reduced to +0.5, but the base gains from hitting survivors should be increased by +0.5 across the board. Licker Tongue could be extended to 1s to easily make it worth the BP grind. Serotonin Injector should render the Nemesis completely silent (No footsteps!). NE-a Parasite should increase Tentacle range by 1m. Jill's Sandwich should add 1 zombie to the trial. Depleted Ribbon should not remove zombies from the trial, but add +1 to an exit area whenever one is destroyed (up to 5 per gate), Iridescent Badge should increase the time it takes to administer the vaccine and reveal a survivor's aura during and after.
Basically, his items should be given a lot more work to make them interesting. Too many items effect zombies and vaccines when there should be more that modify his tentacle.
NEMESIS POWER
This actually is not a bug, it is part of how his power works. Here's a time-coded example of one of my favorite videos from my favorite content creator on the subject:
https://youtu.be/Jx0EaeZUAU4?t=283UNIQUE PERKS
Lethal Pursuer
I have to disagree, I find that the perk is paramount. While it can find contest with Discordance - it is invaluable when it comes to kick-starting the match and quickly turning the tides on survivors in their most advantageous moments. I do think though, that it would be best if it also reactivated if outside of chase for longer than 90 seconds - which would put an end to stalemate situations and live up to the perk's name.
Hysteria
Agreed. The cooldown is killer. It should be changed to activate whenever a survivor is damaged - and those injured/Dying survivors that gain Oblivious should contaminate other survivors with Oblivious through interaction (Healing, unhooking, etc) with a refreshed timer. If this were the case, a single triggering of the perk can spread across a healthy team regardless and keep players paranoid and aloof to your advances before it's too late. With proper timing, it can easily be sued to perpetuate Obviousness and make the perk actually viable,
Eruption
I think it's pretty good too. However, upping the regression to 9% and removing the cooldown would make it a lot better. It's B tier at best, but I think this tiny change could make it A tier.
CONCLUSION
I agree with you about just about everything and as a fellow Nemi main, I salute you, my friend!