Anyone else experiencing performance issues making the game unplayable right now?

This is getting really ridiculous ever since the Haddonfield update. If I play killer I only move choppy at like 2 mps giving survivors a lifetime to make decisions all while thier progress speed remains the same. Even when I played survivor, trickster and plague were still faster then me when they are using their killer power literally right up agaist my player model. Really disappointing.

Comments

  • I'm getting the same thing. It's ridiculous how bad it is right now

  • Its hard to tell new performance issues from the ones that have been here for ages

  • Indeed. If you have any clips, I'd kindly ask that you upload them to the thread below.

    @Pulsar said:

    Recently, it's been getting more and more difficult to enjoy this game and to look over the glaring issues. The Console port of DBD has shown that the game is extremely poorly optimized, and performance will continue to get worse unless BHVR addresses the issues now.

    I fear that soon, the game will become unplayable for us on current-gen Consoles. Resident Evil broke the game for a month, and it still hasn't fully recovered. What this shows is that the issue is built into the game itself, and will likely continue to worsen if it is not resolved. Likewise, we are seeing the return of bugs long thought patched, which makes me suspect that the entire code is starting to crumble under the weight of the game. I hope BHVR takes the time to do this correctly and fixes their game. If they do not, I fear we will soon lose the ability to play it at all.

    Here are some videos demonstrating my points, please note that these were all taken PRIOR to the RE patch in June of 2021. These issues have been plaguing Console players since the game was ported in 2017. I doubt there will ever be an official confirmation from BHVR, but it is important that we do not let these issues go silently. The only thing we can do is continue to talk and spread awareness about them.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl7zIxwMUn0&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7p_8C649Rs&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSa8yNir8wU&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlwQc0rdiM0&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tQaee-Od90&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360

    August Edit: Well, we are nearing 100 pages. Congrats everyone. We still haven't gotten an answer from BHVR about what happened to Optimization, but we have inspired others to start to question it. I've furthered clarified the purpose of the thread and adjusted some of the language used in this opening statement to better reflect that.

    Thank you.


  • It's bizarre to me how long this has been a problem. I know it's not that easy but it's been more then 2 years.

  • @RenRen said:

    It's bizarre to me how long this has been a problem. I know it's not that easy but it's been more then 2 years.

    They promised 60 FPS on Xbox One, PS4 and low end PC's in March of 2019, over THREE years ago

  • Yeah I get choppy when chasing survivors it makes me whiff a lot because on my screen they are in front of me I swing poof they are behind me.

    A slight stutter makes juking really easy for even the most predictable survivor.

    Makes for frustrating games because everyone believes it’s their mad skills when the reality is it’s just my bad connection.

  • I rubber band at least 3-4 times a match and it can get me killed or cost me a down.

    haddonfield causes very bad framerate at the start. overall the optimization is kinda bad.