Forced Bleed Out Mechanic

There needs to be some kind of forced bleed out mechanic introduced if you're slugged on the ground for a long period of time. It's honestly a necessity imo. There's nothing that takes me out of a game more than being slugged on the floor for so long I get crows. And there's nothing I can do at that point besides set my controller down or crawl to a corner.

Let me hold a button to force myself to bleed out faster so I can move on to the next game. From, a player currently sitting on the ground, watching the crows fly in circles while the killer chases someone.

Comments

  • I don't agree because this would undoubtedly count as a kill win for the killer and reinforce this type of behaviour rather than discourage it.

    There needs to be some kind of change to allow survivors a chance to get back up (and no 'bring in tenacity, soul guard or unbreakable' is not a valid argument here) such as implement a continuous skill check, like the new killer one as gens are about to be completed, which activates for the first downed killer only once per match after a certain amount of time on the ground and when all remaining survivors have been downed which can give a chance to get back up.

    This gives an in built chance to counter the slugging and bleed out trend, but not an immediate one. It has strict conditions of use. The above mentioned skills can still be brought in as they allow more 'immediate' returns. Just how people in another thread making Kindred base kit of SoloQ but without the killer aura being shown, for which you'd still need the perk

  • Unfortunately, there is a gameplay element here that doesn't QUITE make this the same thing as suicide on hook.


    Bleeding out counts as DEAD instead of SACRIFICED. Now to you, whose is ragequitting, this means nothing. But it does matter to the scoring and emblem system. Allowing survivors to enter the DEAD status with the click of a button would instantly rob a Killer of points, screwing over Killers trying to pip and gain Adept achievements.


    Unless they changed the scoring system to score DEAD the same as SACRIFICED, this would be a dick move.

  • Well, the act of slugging multiple players and letting them bleed out is also a dick move.


    If it doesn't count as a sacrifice then that is rightly so as the killer didn't complete the process. They chose to walk away and leave someone.


    The whole point in something like this is to deter the killer from this type of behaviour. Not encourage it.

  • Yeah meanwhile let's remove hatches, we don't need it anymore.

  • @jajay119 said:

    Well, the act of slugging multiple players and letting them bleed out is also a dick move.

    If it doesn't count as a sacrifice then that is rightly so as the killer didn't complete the process. They chose to walk away and leave someone.

    The whole point in something like this is to deter the killer from this type of behaviour. Not encourage it.


    And this behavior does not NEED to be "discouraged". It is a legitimate and DEVELOPER APPROVED tactic. You are not required to pick someone up. There are perks like Deerstalker and Knock Out in the game SPECIFICALLY for people that WANT to slug.

  • Then make the "Dead" count as sacrifice and give the killer triple points and a 1,000 shards. Just let me get out of that game lmao

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2942210#Comment_2942210

    And this behavior does not NEED to be "discouraged". It is a legitimate and DEVELOPER APPROVED tactic. You are not required to pick someone up. There are perks like Deerstalker and Knock Out in the game SPECIFICALLY for people that WANT to slug.

    I hope those cherries you picked are lovely and juicy.

  • @jajay119 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2942217#Comment_2942217

    I hope those cherries you picked are lovely and juicy.

    Oh? What am I leaving out here? Look, just cause you don't like being slugged does not make it a punishable offense. There is no loss of score for slugging someone - just the bleed out. And the bleed out conditions should not, nor should they ever, be a decision for the Survivor to make.

  • @RisingTron said:

    Then make the "Dead" count as sacrifice and give the killer triple points and a 1,000 shards. Just let me get out of that game lmao

    Yeah, we should just remove strategic part of suiciding, by removing hatches and giving full point of sacrificing.

    It'll be less stressful and fair for everyone but somehow BHVR doesn't do it.

  • Survivors: "I hate bleeding out and being slugged"

    Also survivors: "just gonna slug crawl across map and hide somewhere to deny the killer the hook. And force myself to bleed out then blame killer

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2942219#Comment_2942219

    Oh? What am I leaving out here? Look, just cause you don't like being slugged does not make it a punishable offense. There is no loss of score for slugging someone - just the bleed out. And the bleed out conditions should not, nor should they ever, be a decision for the Survivor to make.

    Then cut the slug timer in half from 4 minutes to 2 like come on now.

    When a survivor is on their feet. They can do gens to move the game forward and move on to the next.

    When a survivor is on hook. They can sacrifice themselves and move on to the next game.

    But when a survivor is slugged, they have to bring a perk to be able to do something or be forced to lay on the ground for FOUR minutes? Are we being for real.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    Survivors: "I hate bleeding out and being slugged"

    Also survivors: "just gonna slug crawl across map and hide somewhere to deny the killer the hook. And force myself to bleed out then blame killer

    Everytime you comment on my discussions you're heavy anti-survivor like calm down. I don't crawl across the map. When I slug I set my controller down and wait. With the new tap instead of holding action for bars I don't even have to hold the recovery button anymore. Just tap the trigger and set it down and sit...

    Can play a whole game of Uno on my phone between the time I get slugged and I bleed out.

    The only time I crawl when slugged, is when I crawl towards the killer begging them to finally hook me so I can leave lmao.

  • @RisingTron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2942221#Comment_2942221

    Then cut the slug timer in half from 4 minutes to 2 like come on now.

    When a survivor is on their feet. They can do gens to move the game forward and move on to the next.

    When a survivor is on hook. They can sacrifice themselves and move on to the next game.

    But when a survivor is slugged, they have to bring a perk to be able to do something or be forced to lay on the ground for FOUR minutes? Are we being for real.

    Honestly, the fact survivors can suicide on hook is rather harmful for game lol

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2942227#Comment_2942227

    Honestly, the fact survivors can suicide on hook is rather harmful for game lol

    For the other Survivors, unfortunately.


    Too bad D/Cing is not treated more harshly.

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2942227#Comment_2942227

    Honestly, the fact survivors can suicide on hook is rather harmful for game lol

    Oh you not serious

  • What, I'm pretty sure it's realistically hurting the game much more than slugs, as it can easily break game at their will without any repercussions.

  • @RisingTron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2942226#Comment_2942226

    Everytime you comment on my discussions you're heavy anti-survivor like calm down. I don't crawl across the map. When I slug I set my controller down and wait. With the new tap instead of holding action for bars I don't even have to hold the recovery button anymore. Just tap the trigger and set it down and sit...

    Can play a whole game of Uno on my phone between the time I get slugged and I bleed out.

    The only time I crawl when slugged, is when I crawl towards the killer begging them to finally hook me so I can leave lmao.

    Forgive me, I have no clue who you are,.... but go play Uno then. Killers slug to get pressure in the match, if you played killer you might know this. Also I am not anti-survivor, I play it too, however I can mock the main mentality.

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2942237#Comment_2942237

    What, I'm pretty sure it's realistically hurting the game much more than slugs, as it can easily break game at their will without any repercussions.

    Its a 'valid' and 'developer approved' strategy... so obviously it needs no tweeking. Wouldn't be surprised if that excuse only works for killer mains though. (Not aimed specifically at you btw - just an observation at how these types of conversations seem to go round here).

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2942230#Comment_2942230

    Forgive me, I have no clue who you are,.... but go play Uno then. Killers slug to get pressure in the match, if you played killer you might know this. Also I am not anti-survivor, I play it too, however I can mock the main mentality.

    There's a HUGE difference between slugging for pressure, and slugging just to slug and force survivors to bleed out.

  • @RisingTron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2942240#Comment_2942240

    There's a HUGE difference between slugging for pressure, and slugging just to slug and force survivors to bleed out.

    We can agree there. I bleed them out if they crawl to a corner and have boil over type builds or were saboing but never just to do it. The way I see it, if you don't want to be hooked, I oblige.

  • @jajay119 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2942238#Comment_2942238

    Its a 'valid' and 'developer approved' strategy... so obviously it needs no tweeking. Wouldn't be surprised if that excuse only works for killer mains though. (Not aimed specifically at you btw - just an observation at how these types of conversations seem to go round here).

    Huh? there is no strategical value in suiciding, it's just... literally killing themselves, and other survivors in extent, not like it helps them unless they are last two survivors.

    It's seriously hurting *survivors* much more than it does for killers, and it's definitely worse than slugging in that matter.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2942210#Comment_2942210

    And this behavior does not NEED to be "discouraged". It is a legitimate and DEVELOPER APPROVED tactic. You are not required to pick someone up. There are perks like Deerstalker and Knock Out in the game SPECIFICALLY for people that WANT to slug.

    I can agree that slugging is part of the game and it's a legitimate tactic

    What I find hard to agree with is that slugging someone until they get 3 crows circling above them and still leaving them on the ground to bleed out should not be discouraged

    At that point the killer is not going to hook the survivor anyway, so why not speeding up the process?

  • It's strategic for my mental health

  • @RisingTron said:

    It's strategic for my mental health

    I mean do you believe this game cares about mental health of players.

  • @Lycidas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2942217#Comment_2942217

    I can agree that slugging is part of the game and it's a legitimate tactic

    What I find hard to agree with is that slugging someone until they get 3 crows circling above them and still leaving them on the ground to bleed out should not be discouraged

    At that point the killer is not going to hook the survivor anyway, so why not speeding up the process?

    Speeding up the process might be fair if it is an understood process. Like if a base game mechanic says "Bleed out speed is increased by 100% per crow circling the Survivor". What needs to be avoided is giving the Survivor something like a "PRESS E TO DIE" button that can immediately punish a Killer's score for doing nothing wrong. Because we need a way to separate the two scenarios of "I am watching you bleed out because I'm a jerk" and "I'm a literal Twins player, what do you want from me?"

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2942243#Comment_2942243

    Huh? there is no strategical value in suiciding, it's just... literally killing themselves, and other survivors in extent, not like it helps them unless they are last two survivors.

    It's seriously hurting *survivors* much more than it does for killers, and it's definitely worse than slugging in that matter.


    My post was quite sarcastic/satirical in nature, however:

    The strategic value is not sitting on a hook staring at a camper for however long it takes you to bleed out while your team mates unknowingly come to your aid and get downed/ left on the floor or run off and do gens.


    Is a strategy valuable to the team at large? No. Its a personal 'selfish' strategy that allows you to get into another match quicker where you can do more than wait for the three inevitable skill checks you have to do before you can die. But, the feature is is the game so its 'valid' and 'developer' approved.

    The point i was making, via sarcasm which obviously didnt come across well so I apologise, is this DOES need addressing as it is boring and it does negatively impact people on the map - but so does slugging and leaving people downed. However, when you suggest the latter needs tweeking you're met with constant shouts of 'valid tactics' and 'developer approved' mainly from one audience, as ive noticed. As if that means it doesn't need to be tweaked when we all know there are many 'developer approved' things that need tweeking which are negatively impacting the experience at the moment.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2942249#Comment_2942249

    Speeding up the process might be fair if it is an understood process. Like if a base game mechanic says "Bleed out speed is increased by 100% per crow circling the Survivor". What needs to be avoided is giving the Survivor something like a "PRESS E TO DIE" button that can immediately punish a Killer's score for doing nothing wrong. Because we need a way to separate the two scenarios of "I am watching you bleed out because I'm a jerk" and "I'm a literal Twins player, what do you want from me?"

    That's what OP is talking about

    If you are being slugged for so long that you have crows on your head, you should be able to hold down a button and speed up the process

  • @jajay119 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2942247#Comment_2942247

    My post was quite sarcastic/satirical in nature, however:

    The strategic value is not sitting on a hook staring at a camper for however long it takes you to bleed out while your team mates unknowingly come to your aid and get downed/ left on the floor or run off and do gens.

    Is a strategy valuable to the team at large? No. Its a personal 'selfish' strategy that allows you to get into another match quicker where you can do more than wait for the three inevitable skill checks you have to do before you can die. But, the feature is is the game so its 'valid' and 'developer' approved.

    The point i was making, via sarcasm which obviously didnt come across well so I apologise, is this DOES need addressing as it is boring and it does negatively impact people on the map - but so does slugging and leaving people downed. However, when you suggest the latter needs tweeking you're met with constant shouts of 'valid tactics' and 'developer approved' mainly from one audience, as ive noticed. As if that means it doesn't need to be tweaked when we all know there are many 'developer approved' things that need tweeking which are negatively impacting the experience at the moment.

    I'm not sure where did you get "one audience" idea as that is not possible to know, but whatever.

    There is plenty of counters for slugging but none of people cares about it, there is plenty of harm from suiciding but none of people cares about it, and even if someone explain it they don't care, I'm pretty sure which is the reason why people says just "this is approved by developer" because logic doesn't work in that situation.

    Suiciding on the hook IS what should be removed, there is no reason slugging has to be changed to something that is inherently worse than slugging.

  • @RisingTron said:

    It's strategic for my mental health

    I would advise implementing a concede mechanic. (oh no I'm taking pointers from another game incoming dbd is a different game bulloney). If survivors agree as a whole they have lost after a certain period of time a concede vote can be placed. if successful with a 3 votes majority (or whatever remaining survivors) the survivors are then sacrificed. Yes being forced to play a game out can suck but if you let people have more ways to give up this will result in survivors embracing even more antimate behavior. Again I sympathize I truly do but a concede vote with a majority is a better answer. team games don't allow a singular individual to throw in the towel until at least a majority agrees. Now of course a sum of bp must got to the winners along with bonus emblem points to prevent the frustration of progressing rank at a glacial rate. This would also mean the killer can do the same however it will be on them alone to decide to concede. How long it take before survivors and killers can trigger the vote ill say roughly could be 10 mins though i think this figure should be under a bit more scrutiny.