That ######### feeling when

You see a killer struggling to literally find a soul and lose chases almost instantly,


So you come to the killer and offer them a chase,


and when the killer downs you they facecamp you....


[we could have walked out with him having 1 hook and he does this dick move?]

Comments

  • If it makes you feel any better, if they're a brand new player they probably don't know any better. The game does not explain to new players what the killer should be doing outside of down player, hook, and hope they die, so it's make new killers assumption that of course they want to defend the hook because that's what they think they should be doing. The dynamic of hook states and time as a resource is left for the player to discover, and some players simply never learn that dynamic before they inevitably quit

  • I wasn't there obviously but going off of your language here...

    "offered them a chase"

    Not offered them a hook so presumably you did something to get their attention and got them to chase you (whether it was as simple as a passive standing there waiting for them to see you up to being annoying with quick vaults or clickity clicks). Whichever degree of getting their attention you did, they could have easily misinterpreted what you were trying to do (they thought you were mocking them) so they decided to face camp you for it once they did catch you

    Ultimately though, I've allowed a killer to hook me when they're just getting absolutely destroyed but I recognize and accept that I am also taking a risk in doing so. If the killer decides to make sure I die, that's something I have accepted as a possible outcome. If you can't/won't accept that, then yeah, just leave instead of getting mad at them for killing you.

  • I let survivor go after 8 hooks and get tbagged in the exit for the whole 3 minutes, my attempts at last hits in the exit dodged and sometimes the usual GG ez in endgame chat. Not all in the same trial but a variation of the above more than enough of the time.

    Do you expect anyone in the internet to be sincere or nice when we all are so conviniently anonymous and don't have to fear any persecution?

    People are the worst in the internet.

    And like others said, the killer might've been inexperienced and didn't catch up on you being generous instead of making a mistake like maybe many other survivor on their level do.

  • Is it weird, that survivor regularly expect a hatch escape but killers never get a free sacrifice offered?

  • @Tsulan said:

    Is it weird, that survivor regularly expect a hatch escape but killers never get a free sacrifice offered?

    I have done it before but the killers usually just carry me to the exit

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2939484#Comment_2939484

    I have done it before but the killers usually just carry me to the exit

    But its extremely rare. I´ve seen this maybe twice in 3k hours.

  • @Tsulan said:

    Is it weird, that survivor regularly expect a hatch escape but killers never get a free sacrifice offered?

    When I try to do this they shake their head no at me and walk away and won't even down me, my guess is they don't want to get any handouts

  • @Tsulan said:

    Is it weird, that survivor regularly expect a hatch escape but killers never get a free sacrifice offered?

    I probably get gifted hatch about the same amount of times Ive given killers kills.

    Maybe once or twice a week?

    Half the time they don't accept it though.

  • @HighwayCatalyst said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2939484#Comment_2939484

    I probably get gifted hatch about the same amount of times Ive given killers kills.

    Maybe once or twice a week?

    Half the time they don't accept it though.

    I often give hatch to the last surv if they played fair and well but I have never seen someone give me a kill when I had a bad game. The only times they "give" me a kill is when the last surv knows he can't run and Stopps to tbag

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2939484#Comment_2939484

    When I try to do this they shake their head no at me and walk away and won't even down me, my guess is they don't want to get any handouts

    @HighwayCatalyst said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2939484#Comment_2939484

    I probably get gifted hatch about the same amount of times Ive given killers kills.

    Maybe once or twice a week?

    Half the time they don't accept it though.

    Maybe its a area thing. But i don´t see this at all.

  • @Ravenpoe said:

    If it makes you feel any better, if they're a brand new player they probably don't know any better. The game does not explain to new players what the killer should be doing outside of down player, hook, and hope they die, so it's make new killers assumption that of course they want to defend the hook because that's what they think they should be doing. The dynamic of hook states and time as a resource is left for the player to discover, and some players simply never learn that dynamic before they inevitably quit

    they definitely weren't new

    @tippy2k2 said:

    I wasn't there obviously but going off of your language here...

    "offered them a chase"

    Not offered them a hook so presumably you did something to get their attention and got them to chase you (whether it was as simple as a passive standing there waiting for them to see you up to being annoying with quick vaults or clickity clicks). Whichever degree of getting their attention you did, they could have easily misinterpreted what you were trying to do (they thought you were mocking them) so they decided to face camp you for it once they did catch you

    Ultimately though, I've allowed a killer to hook me when they're just getting absolutely destroyed but I recognize and accept that I am also taking a risk in doing so. If the killer decides to make sure I die, that's something I have accepted as a possible outcome. If you can't/won't accept that, then yeah, just leave instead of getting mad at them for killing you.

    I guess pressing 2 once they notice me after they lost me in a chase is too toxic

    @Tsulan said:

    Is it weird, that survivor regularly expect a hatch escape but killers never get a free sacrifice offered?

    it wasn't exit gates powered, he had 2 gens left to try and get perhaps 2 hooks and 1 sacrifice camp

    @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2939492#Comment_2939492

    But its extremely rare. I´ve seen this maybe twice in 3k hours.

    I occasionaly never sacrifice survivors and offer free escapes to good not toxic players

    but I also don't play often, I could start playing more tho

    @Starrseed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2939598#Comment_2939598

    I often give hatch to the last surv if they played fair and well but I have never seen someone give me a kill when I had a bad game. The only times they "give" me a kill is when the last surv knows he can't run and Stopps to tbag

    in the game I played, I saw that gens were being done and nobody was getting injured, so I found the killer