What is going on, killers dc'ed in most of my games today in early chase

First I thought I was unlucky but it happened 5 times already. They dc'ed because they didn't down me or someone else immediately.

I guess I can't play surv today.

Comments

  • @Shaped said:

    First I thought I was unlucky but it happened 5 times already. They dc'ed because they didn't down me or someone else immediately.

    I guess I can't play surv today.

    On Midwich, by any chance?

    I'm taking a break from killer until it's fixed, but there's now a spot that's easy to access for survivors where you are invulnerable, and it's being abused by at least 1 person every game.

  • Did you by any chance go against any deathslingers? He has a game breaking bug with his spear and people have been dcing after realizing they can’t use his power.

  • Killers are getting many cheaters, perhaps he encountered speed hack and wanted out

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    Did you by any chance go against any deathslingers? He has a game breaking bug with his spear and people have been dcing after realizing they can’t use his power.

    No.

    I went against huntress, looped her a little and she dc'ed after a pallet stun.

    Then two nurses, one dc'ed after she missed her blink on me, the other was in chase with someone else and dc'ed.

    Then legion who dc'ed after he chased me for a while and I balanced landed.

    And last one was pinhead where he got looped by a nea and dc'ed at the start pretty much.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/321858/what-is-going-on-killers-dced-in-most-of-my-games-today-in-early-chase

    On Midwich, by any chance?

    I'm taking a break from killer until it's fixed, but there's now a spot that's easy to access for survivors where you are invulnerable, and it's being abused by at least 1 person every game.

    Not midwich nor haddonfield.

  • I had it happen twice yesterday early in the match around the time 1 gen would pop, but it was hard to tell if it was intentional or not due to the circumstances.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2934798#Comment_2934798

    No.

    I went against huntress, looped her a little and she dc'ed after a pallet stun.

    Then two nurses, one dc'ed after she missed her blink on me, the other was in chase with someone else and dc'ed.

    Then legion who dc'ed after he chased me for a while and I balanced landed.

    And last one was pinhead where he got looped by a nea and dc'ed at the start pretty much.

    Hey I'm not defending it but the match making is kinda borked I think players are getting sick of just being endlessly looped in mismatched games.

    I can't recall the last time I had a match against a killer that was the same skill level as me (and I'm not that good as survivor).

    Backfill throws killers under the bus more often than not and after multiple games of that you can't blame people for going ah screw this. The 5 min ban is still shorter than the survivor queue time.

    Again I'm not defending it people shouldn't be DC'ing, but at the same time I get why some people might be after being looped for 2 mins. Its still sore loserism but will only get more common if the MMR can't match players properly.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2934813#Comment_2934813

    Hey I'm not defending it but the match making is kinda borked I think players are getting sick of just being endlessly looped in mismatched games.

    I can't recall the last time I had a match against a killer that was the same skill level as me (and I'm not that good as survivor).

    Backfill throws killers under the bus more often than not and after multiple games of that you can't blame people for going ah screw this. The 5 min ban is still shorter than the survivor queue time.

    Again I'm not defending it people shouldn't be DC'ing, but at the same time I get why some people might be after being looped for 2 mins. Its still sore loserism but will only get more common if the MMR can't match players properly.

    I dunno man all of them had decent builds and purple perks. I rarely get matched with babies.

    I understand the frustration but I play both roles myself and I don't rage quit ever.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2934927#Comment_2934927

    I dunno man all of them had decent builds and purple perks. I rarely get matched with babies.

    I understand the frustration but I play both roles myself and I don't rage quit ever.

    Also gotta remember it's BHVR, probably not the best internet connection on their servers, lol

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2934927#Comment_2934927

    I dunno man all of them had decent builds and purple perks. I rarely get matched with babies.

    I understand the frustration but I play both roles myself and I don't rage quit ever.

    Me neither, its silly to rage quit.

    But having maxed out perks isn't really an indicator of player skill. I've been playing a long time and while I can compete in the upper end of the game I can't say I enjoy it when its super competitive. DBD's MMR is murder on the casual gamer.

    People take this stuff to seriously, I guess losing that first chase means they don't want to play anymore so chalk it up to sore losers.

    Was it the weekend, the sore loser meltdown goes up ten fold over the weekend.

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2934931#Comment_2934931

    Also gotta remember it's BHVR, probably not the best internet connection on their servers, lol

    Yeah. I mean this was definitely weird. This never happened so much to me that I had to call it a day.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2934931#Comment_2934931

    Me neither, its silly to rage quit.

    But having maxed out perks isn't really an indicator of player skill. I've been playing a long time and while I can compete in the upper end of the game I can't say I enjoy it when its super competitive. DBD's MMR is murder on the casual gamer.

    People take this stuff to seriously, I guess losing that first chase means they don't want to play anymore so chalk it up to sore losers.

    Was it the weekend, the sore loser meltdown goes up ten fold over the weekend.

    It was today and felt weird.

  • been getting more killer DCs that's for sure

    Actually had a nemesis DC because I destroyed all 5 totems before endgame and then he dced when he saw his noed didn't activate

  • Havent had any killer dcs the past few days

  • I've only seen survivor DCs today unfortunately. But it feels like there's been a lot more killers playing lately, as I've had to wait longer and longer into the night for an instant killer queue.

  • I've had multiple killers quit since the patch. Quite a few quit towards end of match.

    My SWF teammate tried to play a few killer matches to get some challenges done over the weekend and every time he tried he was kicked from the match. No issues with other online games he played those days, just DBD, so maybe it's a DBD server issue.

  • @bm33 said:

    I've had multiple killers quit since the patch. Quite a few quit towards end of match.

    My SWF teammate tried to play a few killer matches to get some challenges done over the weekend and every time he tried he was kicked from the match. No issues with other online games he played those days, just DBD, so maybe it's a DBD server issue.

    Could be.

    I didn't have any problems with killer when I played yesterday luckily.

    @Somna said:

    I've only seen survivor DCs today unfortunately. But it feels like there's been a lot more killers playing lately, as I've had to wait longer and longer into the night for an instant killer queue.

    Survs dc all the time yeah.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2934931#Comment_2934931

    Me neither, its silly to rage quit.

    But having maxed out perks isn't really an indicator of player skill. I've been playing a long time and while I can compete in the upper end of the game I can't say I enjoy it when its super competitive. DBD's MMR is murder on the casual gamer.

    People take this stuff to seriously, I guess losing that first chase means they don't want to play anymore so chalk it up to sore losers.

    Was it the weekend, the sore loser meltdown goes up ten fold over the weekend.

    I get looped and tunneled but I ain't dcing. Some are just sore losers cause I seen my share of both killers and survivors side.