Why isnt it shown in endgame whos in a swf?
This has been a requested change for a long time. Devs have never commented on it (that I'm aware of). Many killers have used this as an excuse as to why they are loosing some matches. Most if not all view swf as a massive advantage over solo. So when it is actually a phenomenal solo q team they will have to do some self reflection and figure out where they went wrong.
Killers will complain in game or online that it was a swf and they had an unfair advantage over them that was out of their control. In game and online. The common argument is that they are wrong and most likely gotten beaten by a team of good survivors even if they were actually a swf. Commonly followed up with insults and other nasty things. This is a malicious group of people in this community gaslighting other players.
I myself have been accused of being in a swf when I was playing solo q. The team was just significantly better then the killer and either they got no hooks or 1 hook 1 death. In the endgame they are completely convinced that they lost because we were an efficient swf. No matter what I say I cant prove otherwise. I know how much it sucks to feel that way, and not know if the other players is being honest or not.
As someone who has been gaslit irl I take this stuff very seriously. Its an extremely messed up abusive behavior. Some might say its "just a game" but I've never seen that as an excuse to justify people being nasty to one another. If those people are not like that irl, then maybe they learned the behavior from this game. So now they can gaslight people irl too.
This can all be solved with a simple fix. Show swfs in the endgame. Lets show the bad killers that they need to learn how to become better and out the people who gaslight others.
Since theres been radio silence on bhvr's end on. Thats left me to the only 2 conclusions I can come up with. That they are to busy to implement it, or BHVR is completely ok with it. I hope its the first and we can stop this nasty behavior.
Comments
Being able to see which Survivors were in a SWF and which weren't at the end of The Trial would be so good for data collection
Because the game simply isnt coded to recognize swf outside their first lobby. It simply doesnt exist in the trial or aftwerwards.
It'd be hard work to actually code that stuff. Might break the bloodweb tho.
This is just false. Swf carries between matches. There is obviously code that carries over. Something that is as simple as some if than statements would work "Is this player partied to player b? False= move on.-> Is this player partied to player c? True.= Show swf symbol a." Real simple basic coding premise. Obviously I'm oversimplifying because Idk the language or how the game is actually coded. This is basic coding.
Oh boy another thing for people to use as an excuse for why they lost instead of accepting the reality they played worse.
I can tell you didnt read the post. I've already accounted for both your argument and people like you.
Why do you even care what a random person you’ll probably never ever see again thinks? This entire thing is a non-issue.
It depends what you're talking about. The swf who try to gaslight you, I dont care. If it was the killer I was referencing, its something we call empathy. For others who are dealing with bully squads. Its an introspection tool for the thick skinned who dont care and a way to not let people gaslight other players. Theres zero negative to getting this info in the endgame. The only people who would be against are the aforementioned gaslighters.
Something I would like to see is a better updated post game statistics.
Who the killer spend the most time in a chase with
Who did the majority generators
Who used the most pallets ECT.
This would be really good for post game evaluation, so players can look at these and better reflect on their matches and improve. Showing who was SWF would also be valuable, so that killers can make similar evaluation on matches.
Yes all those things would be great. A bit ambitious as of right now considering we have nothing even remotely like this.
Bump since i forgot that devs/mods dont work the weekends, and I'd like to see this addressed.
That’s not true, in fact the devs have mentioned stats regarding kill rates based on how many people were in a swf in a match which means the game does track and remember who is in a swf during and at the end of a match.
Actually it would be the opposite if it turns out the survivors are all solo queue, verifying they’re not in a swf eliminates the excuse that “these guys were probably on comms and that’s why I lost.” So it works both ways there.
To me the benefit of showing who is in a swf though would be for anybody tracking data and then pivoting out escape rates versus how many survivors were in a swf. It’s not that big a deal to me either way though other than just curiosity,