Sadako desperately in need of buffs

Literally don’t understand how nemesis and Sadako are in the same game. One doesn’t have to deal with pallets, has long range attack, insta break pallets and anti loop whip, the other literally has nothing and has to get smacked by 50 pallets before one hit if she can even find a survivor with her awful FOV. How is this balanced? 

Buff ideas -

Manifesting within 8 metres causes survivors screams and slows them down similar to doctor 

Manifest gives speed boost 

TV requires skill checks, people can put tapes in right in front of you making condemned a non factor for 99% of game

De-manifested can walk through pallets and windows

Only has to face 3 survivors cause she's so low tier and unviable

Add on where she exposing anyone within range when projecting

Comments

  • Nemesis tentacle is 6m at T3 basically the length of a lunge. That's hardly "long range".

  • @Crowman said:

    Nemesis tentacle is 6m at T3 basically the length of a lunge. That's hardly "long range".

    It's far longer than a lunge.

  • What's funny is Nemesis is pretty garbage and in need of large buffs as well.

  • -Remove lullaby, it defeats the entire point of being a stealth killer.

    -Remove slowdown switching between phases. Her Demanifested isn't good enough to warrant this, she doesn't get a speed up like Wraith or anything.

    -Condemn builds up passively. The survivors should need to be more worried about it than they currently are and need to waste time lowering it. I don't want Exposed added like some people have mentioned because I don't want Condemn to be more deadly, I just want it to slow the survivors down on gens with a secondary objective.

    -Remove the directional queue of her teleporting. It's bad enough they get a global queue, the location as well is too much. It's not too difficult to be aware of the tv's around you, you can even hear them.

    -Amp up her passive phasing to give it a little more reliability in anti-loop. Make it more frequent and last longer. I like that this also increases her skill gap of good players as they will get better at trying to time their direction changes with her disappearances.

  • If she gets buffed then there would be non-stop calls to nerf her.

  • @Blueberry said:

    What's funny is Nemesis is pretty garbage and in need of large buffs as well.

    on what planet hun?

  • The planet where people who understand the game live.

  • @Crowman said:

    Nemesis tentacle is 6m at T3 basically the length of a lunge. That's hardly "long range".

    It's 8m, but yea it's not even great and takes ages to get when your in a higher MMR

  • @Mr_K said:

    If she gets buffed then there would be non-stop calls to nerf her.

    That's ok, people constantly ask for NOED nerfs and those are treated with the proper respect as well

  • @Blueberry said:

    -Remove lullaby, it defeats the entire point of being a stealth killer.

    -Remove slowdown switching between phases. Her Demanifested isn't good enough to warrant this, she doesn't get a speed up like Wraith or anything.

    -Condemn builds up passively. The survivors should need to be more worried about it than they currently are and need to waste time lowering it. I don't want Exposed added like some people have mentioned because I don't want Condemn to be more deadly, I just want it to slow the survivors down on gens with a secondary objective.

    -Remove the directional queue of her teleporting. It's bad enough they get a global queue, the location as well is too much. It's not too difficult to be aware of the tv's around you, you can even hear them.

    -Amp up her passive phasing to give it a little more reliability in anti-loop. Make it more frequent and last longer. I like that this also increases her skill gap of good players as they will get better at trying to time their direction changes with her disappearances.

    I do not think sadako's condemn is intentionally meant to be slowdown. There are huge tell-tell signs of this. For one, doing a TV only takes 3 seconds which is less than killer cooldown animation. Her tapes do not drop item like pinhead's box. Her meme add-on drawback is that you lose the ability to build up condemn stacks on TV.

    Its pretty clear that unlike say pig's boxes, her mechanic is completely intentionally designed to kill the survivor. In a world where sadako is strong, She should be getting no hooks and 4 mori kills every match. It is very canonical accurate for survivors to die in 7 days. Very fitting for her lore.

    I would do following change to condemn

    -Basic attacks increase condemn meter by 1.

    It would help her build-up condemn. I'd say reason she cannot condemn any survivor is that there is no reliable way to build it up. Its based off survivors actions. Its like worse then plague's power in term of survivor control over ability. This would give her a bit more control on build-up.

    ---

    Amp up her passive phasing to give it a little more reliability in anti-loop. Make it more frequent and last longer. I like that this also increases her skill gap of good players as they will get better at trying to time their direction changes with her disappearances.

    I think a better way to fix this is instead of having 1 second flickers every sec, change this mechanic to be 3 second flickers once. This would really help her in the chase.

    The change would be something like:

    -Decreased flicker period to 0.5

    -Increased flicker duration to 3 seconds

    ----

    I agree with rest of changes, Lullaby is terrible for stealth killer. Directional audio TV cripples her mobility and stealth.

  • What others said and also you need 3 hits with nemesis and each one gives a sb. Also his tentacle gets cucked just by crouching since no one mentioned it.

    I would buff both and many other killers along with them.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2921239#Comment_2921239

    I do not think sadako's condemn is intentionally meant to be slowdown. There are huge tell-tell signs of this. For one, doing a TV only takes 3 seconds which is less than killer cooldown animation. Her tapes do not drop item like pinhead's box. Her meme add-on drawback is that you lose the ability to build up condemn stacks on TV.

    Its pretty clear that unlike say pig's boxes, her mechanic is completely intentionally designed to kill the survivor. In a world where sadako is strong, She should be getting no hooks and 4 mori kills every match. It is very canonical accurate for survivors to die in 7 days. Very fitting for her lore.

    I would do following change to condemn

    -Basic attacks increase condemn meter by 1.

    It would help her build-up condemn. I'd say reason she cannot condemn any survivor is that there is no reliable way to build it up. Its based off survivors actions. Its like worse then plague's power in term of survivor control over ability. This would give her a bit more control on build-up.

    ---

    Amp up her passive phasing to give it a little more reliability in anti-loop. Make it more frequent and last longer. I like that this also increases her skill gap of good players as they will get better at trying to time their direction changes with her disappearances.

    I think a better way to fix this is instead of having 1 second flickers every sec, change this mechanic to be 3 second flickers once. This would really help her in the chase.

    The change would be something like:

    -Decreased flicker period to 0.5

    -Increased flicker duration to 3 seconds

    ----

    I agree with rest of changes, Lullaby is terrible for stealth killer. Directional audio TV cripples her mobility and stealth.

    I actually gathered the complete opposite from her Condemn, illustrated by the fact to get rid of the tape it forces you to go to the farthest away tv. Also, the devs don't like more deadly insta-kill mechanics demonstrated by Pig. The party hats are for wasting time, their deadliness is just motivation to get them off. They've reiterated this philosophy on dev streams as well. I think the main point of Condemn is to waste time.

    The Condemn increase on basic attack sounds good to me.

    I basically just want the flicker to last longer and happen more often.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2921275#Comment_2921275

    I actually gathered the complete opposite from her Condemn, illustrated by the fact to get rid of the tape it forces you to go to the farthest away tv. Also, the devs don't like more deadly insta-kill mechanics demonstrated by Pig. The party hats are for wasting time, their deadliness is just motivation to get them off. They've reiterated this philosophy on dev streams as well. I think the main point of Condemn is to waste time.

    The Condemn increase on basic attack sounds good to me.

    I basically just want the flicker to last longer and happen more often.

    If dev stream is saying that, than their speech does not correlate to the current game mechanics of her ability. I think farthest TV mechanic is related to freddy's dream clocks mechanic, most likely copy-paste.

    Everything about her condemn points to condemn being the defining win condition to her ability. That is why many players feel she is so weak because her defining win condition is ineffective. Killing survivors by hooking them is legit faster than building condemn currently.

    If you want slowdown mechanic with mori's, just... play pig.

    I would rather not bother with feedback on her because she has so many survivor-type mechanics that I do not want bother with feedback. Many of your changes would be to be implemented regarding Lullaby, directional audio cue and removal slowdown manifestation would need to occur first before sadako becomes anything close to desirable to play for killer-side.

  • De-Manifested being immune to pallet stuns and being able to just walk right through them is 100% needed and totally fits her.


    Also, a small change to her screens.


    TVs should only turn on when survivors are within range for a few seconds - and NEVER turn off.

    At least, until a survivor makes the VHS run - and running the VHS should RAPIDLY regain condemnation, and restore only a portion of it once deposited.

    Doing this disables both TVs for 30 seconds, after which they are reactivated by survivor activity as per usual.