Can I report players that use what seems like a Vpn for a competative advantage?

I have been having a decent number of matches against killers from China and anytime I am near them the lag is horrible or weird things start happening. I can only assume they are using a vpn client to hop across the pond to the us. So how do I report these players and is it actually something that Bhvr enforces? Thanks in advance

Comments

  • They do it to get around government control over game time,...


    and to ruin your fun

  • Same for central europe, except that we get 70% russian killers with 300+ ms Ping, and half the other killers definitely use VPN as well.

    Most matches have an unfair advantage for killers, so much that they down you after hopping a pallet and already running for 2-3 meters. Or the obvious Hatchets thrown around entire jungle gyms.


    It was stated weeks ago that matchmaking is supposed to include ping now, but it´s obviously not...



    I report all those unfair ping killers, but for anything to happen, we all have to do it

  • Unfortunately no they don't ban for this even though they should for purposely getting yourself into a server you don't belong in

  • @GrafSchalke said:

    Same for central europe, except that we get 70% russian killers with 300+ ms Ping, and half the other killers definitely use VPN as well.

    Most matches have an unfair advantage for killers, so much that they down you after hopping a pallet and already running for 2-3 meters. Or the obvious Hatchets thrown around entire jungle gyms.

    It was stated weeks ago that matchmaking is supposed to include ping now, but it´s obviously not...

    I report all those unfair ping killers, but for anything to happen, we all have to do it

    Well its definately happening more and more and I just wish i knew the killers ping ahead of time they could also auto kick players from a lobby thats ping is just too high

  • Yeah I've noticed alot of chinese players as well lately.

  • I'm getting a lot of people from China and South America. Sometimes I'll need to use Google Translate to figure out if they were being cordial or rude in the endgame.

  • They can't because they would be banning people for having cyber security.

  • BHVR already said they don't actively ban for it but if EAC picks it up, then they won't help you.

  • @GuyFawx said:

    I have been having a decent number of matches against killers from China and anytime I am near them the lag is horrible or weird things start happening. I can only assume they are using a vpn client to hop across the pond to the us. So how do I report these players and is it actually something that Bhvr enforces? Thanks in advance

    I see this somewhat in early morning matches - but it's not against the rules to use a VPN (especially with the hacking semi-scandal that happened a bit back), and while it makes janky things happen for you, it also makes janky things happen for them.

  • I feel bad for people who use a VPN because of there countries rules *cough* China *cough*.

    On the other hand it can make it a miserable experience for other players.

  • @GrafSchalke said:

    Same for central europe, except that we get 70% russian killers with 300+ ms Ping, and half the other killers definitely use VPN as well.

    Most matches have an unfair advantage for killers, so much that they down you after hopping a pallet and already running for 2-3 meters. Or the obvious Hatchets thrown around entire jungle gyms.

    It was stated weeks ago that matchmaking is supposed to include ping now, but it´s obviously not...

    I report all those unfair ping killers, but for anything to happen, we all have to do it

    Whilst EU definitely has a LOT of VPNers, Russia isn't one of them. The two servers in Europe are London and Frankfurt; anyone else in Europe that joins will just have a high connection because of this. It's not a VPN, it's just server placement.