So players want SBMM (MMR) to be removed?

If I read correctly, the matchmaking tests showed that players want SBMM removed.

What percentage of the player base do we have to lose before BHVR removes SBMM? I also think it's ridiculous that the grades will no longer be visible in the post game.

Did I read this correctly? Because if the tests shows that we don't want SBMM, I don't understand why it isn't removed. I'm confused.😴

Comments

  • No, I want SBMM to stay.

  • @Piruluk said:

    No, I want SBMM to stay.

    WHY?!😲 I think you are the first person I see commenting this.😥

  • Grades are not relevant to anyone but yourself. BP bonus is all.

    I don't know what the game was like before SBMM but have heard it's not been popular.

  • While many people are saying they want SBMM removed what they are actually meaning is most likely that they are not satisfied with the matchmaking.

    though many people were also unhappy with the rank based matchmaking.


    adjusting the SBMM system is the best way to go, just removing it isn’t really feasible.

  • They worked hard for it and now can't get rid of it, today's blogpost was very delusional, they don't want to understand what's the real problem (kills escapes based).

    There's no hope anymore, let them lose players and let the game die

  • @KateDunson said:

    They worked hard for it and now can't get rid of it, today's blogpost was very delusional, they don't want to understand what's the real problem (kills escapes based).

    There's no hope anymore, let them lose players and let the game die

    I feel the same way. I think the game will lose even more players in a very short period of time.😓

  • @Mooks said:

    While many people are saying they want SBMM removed what they are actually meaning is most likely that they are not satisfied with the matchmaking.

    though many people were also unhappy with the rank based matchmaking.

    adjusting the SBMM system is the best way to go, just removing it isn’t really feasible.

    I was excited for SBMM until it came out. I really want to go back to the ''old'' ranking system, I had so much more fun back then. I feel like the majority of the players who quitted DBD did it because of the cheater pandemic and becuase of SBMM.

  • @VirtuaTyKing said:

    Grades are not relevant to anyone but yourself. BP bonus is all.

    I don't know what the game was like before SBMM but have heard it's not been popular.

    It wasn't unpopulair at all. After SBMM came out DBD lost a huge amount of players. In my opinion the game was so much more fun without SBMM. But if you didn't play back then you can't really know tbh.

  • I still remember my time with the old matchmaking system and i can say without a shadow of a doubt that I'll take SBMM over the emblem system any day.

  • @VirtuaTyKing said:

    Grades are not relevant to anyone but yourself. BP bonus is all.

    I don't know what the game was like before SBMM but have heard it's not been popular.

    Here's a little history,


    The very first system was bloodpoint based regardless if the killer got kills/hooks or survivors escaped or not everyone could pip.

    Then the killer box was released changing how killers pipped while survivors still used bloodpoints THAT was unpopular.


    Eventually the survivors got their own requirements to pip.


    Killers and survivors eventually got the requirements revamped to be inline with MMR and SBMM.

  • I want SBMM to be adjusted to take into account what happens during the match not just the end result. I want it to adjust differently for a killer that just facecamps at 5 gens and runs NOED for 2k than a killer that hooks everyone atleast twice and then gets 2k from hooking 2 players 3 times. I want it to adjust differently for a survivor that is actively helping the team through chases, safe unhooks/heals, working on gens, etc. and a survivor that just hides for most the match, if they go for unhooks it's unsafe/has killer immediately chasing the unhooked survivors, constantly leading killer to teammates, etc. I want it to encourage better gameplay than just kill/escape.