Here's the issue I see with these results.

Firstly if you lower the MMR cap you're gonna be exposing players who aren't how do I say this "HIGH MMR GODS WITH THEIR 360 HATCHETS INTO FLICK BLIGHTS INTO NURSE BLINK ONE SHOT DOWN GAMERS" to this exact thing but you're also gonna be exposing players who aren't "DEAD HARD GODS WITH THEIR UNBREAKABLES INTO THEIR BOON CIRCLE OF HEALING INTO THIS DS OF INFINITE GLORY AND INSTA TBAG GAMERS" to people who aren't that good respectfully.

Isn't this the exact opposite of what you guys should be doing. Listen I hate MMR period I'm all for removing it but if you're gonna remove it you accept nothing can prevent High Skill and Low Skill meeting but you know one thing I didn't see yall address at all the fact people can purposely lower their MMR for easier games which has been done and no I'm not saying content creators do it some probably do but not everyone.


While I get what you're trying to do, which is please everyone. It's not possible with this system period, this is only going to increase frustration mark my words. The problem you're having Behavior is you don't focus the balance of this game towards High MMR you cater way to much to lower skill players, which I get, but this is a system designed for higher level of play and you've ignored the elephant in the room for too long.


I heavily dislike MMR but I can't sit here and say that honestly after reading that entire post I'm pleased with this idea because it doesn't change really anything; it just increases the pool that players can get, which in turn opens the door for sweat squads to bully even more players and the same goes for certain Killer Players all you're gonna do is make the somewhat decent players just as burned out as the high MMR Killers already are. So this brings up the question what do you intend to do with this, whats the end game goal if you are just gonna piss even more people off.

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • I'm pretty disappointed with the the changes. They had me right up until "lowering the effective" skill cap. My killer matches are already super easy and boring 9 times out of 10. They don't need to get any easier. I think they're making the same mistake they made with the initial MMR launch. They're trying to please everyone with a single solution. I don't see myself sticking around outside of SWF if the game gets even more casual.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I'm pretty disappointed with the the changes. They had me right up until "lowering the effective" skill cap. My killer matches are already super easy and boring 9 times out of 10. They don't need to get any easier. I think they're making the same mistake they made with the initial MMR launch. They're trying to pleas everyone with a single solution. I don't see myself sticking around outside of SWF if the game gets even more casual.

    I don't mind it being casual but I do mind giving sweat squads more of an advantage and more ability to get off on their bullying techniques.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I'm pretty disappointed with the the changes. They had me right up until "lowering the effective" skill cap. My killer matches are already super easy and boring 9 times out of 10. They don't need to get any easier. I think they're making the same mistake they made with the initial MMR launch. They're trying to pleas everyone with a single solution. I don't see myself sticking around outside of SWF if the game gets even more casual.

    I'd like easier games, my killer games are terrible and it's not even that I'm bad theres just alot I couldn't do or control and it's a huge reason I dont play killer much (I'm off peak eu though)

    And survivor was also a drag, I'm currently on a break because of this I get very little fun as killer and survivor is nurse/blight with all the same build and that gets boring.

  • @MonsterInMyMind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2911590#Comment_2911590

    I don't mind it being casual but I do mind giving sweat squads more of an advantage and more ability to get off on their bullying techniques.

    That's a fair concern too. My friends and I 4 staged a comp Twins last night. But yeah, lower the cap and put us against some poor no slowdown Pig or something. I don't know how this will be better. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

  • I play every killer. Not just Nurse. I'd link my profile if I wasn't on mobile

  • That's also the problem I'm seeing. They plan to match low mmr players exclusively with each other, which is a very good change, while at the same time throwing some unfortunate mid mmr players into unwinnable trials against high mmr players so they can have "laid back" trials.

  • @Hex_Ignored said:

    That's also the problem I'm seeing. They plan to match low mmr players exclusively with each other, which is a very good change, while at the same time throwing some unfortunate mid mmr players into unwinnable trials against high mmr players so they can have "laid back" trials.

    It's exactly the problem this just seems like a "good ole slap a band aid on it call it a day we're tied of paying Money to fix this- Behaviour "

  • I'm fine with the changes honestly. It's not going to be any worse than it was because you already had the ability to be matched with people with a significant gap before (500)

    So if they lower the cap but also reduce the gap that will mean that you're still seeing the same difference from the cap in terms of how far from it you can be matched if you are at it, ie. if the cap is theoretically 1900 but you can be matched with someone at 1400 but then they lower the cap to 1650 but also make it so you can only be "downmatched" by 250 this means the lowest you will ever be matched with as a player over the cap is still the same, you just get better matchmaking times, since the expansion time is faster.


    meanwhile lower skill and middling skill players will have fairer matches overall since they cant be matched as far out of their skill

  • @Hex_Ignored said:

    That's also the problem I'm seeing. They plan to match low mmr players exclusively with each other, which is a very good change, while at the same time throwing some unfortunate mid mmr players into unwinnable trials against high mmr players so they can have "laid back" trials.

    Because high mmr survivors are tired of playing only against nurses, blights and a few huntresses. They want to play against trappers and wraiths again.

    Four people happy > one unhappy person it seems.

  • @Hermit said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2911634#Comment_2911634

    Because high mmr survivors are tired of playing only against nurses, blights and a few huntresses. They want to play against trappers and wraiths again.

    Four people happy > one unhappy person it seems.

    It will probably go both ways. High mmr killers will face mid mmr survivors as well.

  • yeah, they know you guys wouldn't like the changes

    we all know you guys don't like anything lol

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2911625#Comment_2911625

    I'm curious: if you're supposedly finding 9/10 of your matches to be "super easy and boring", why do you think these changes are going to drive you away from the game all of a sudden? Isn't that ratio going to remain the same? And do you really want to wait 15+ minutes for a single match?

    Sounds to me that you're either just burned out in general and have nothing better to do (including challenging yourself somehow) or you're the type to never be satisfied.

    It's not a sudden thing. There's no middle ground for someone who enjoys a challenge but doesn't have the time to play the game competitively. SBMM doesn't consistently deliver a challenge to that type of player and these proposed changes don't seem like they'll change that.

    Would I wait 15 minutes for a good match? Honestly, probably. But I don't have time to sit in a discord server for an hour or two looking for a KYF scrim. That's the difference.

    I'm probably not the target audience. I definitely get that. But I don't necessarily understand why it's an all or nothing approach to matchmaking.

  • @VoidOfMe said:

    yeah, they know you guys wouldn't like the changes

    we all know you guys don't like anything lol

    You offer nothing to the discussion. I'm simply pointing out the flaw in what they're doing; continue doing what you do best commenting nonsense. It's not about whether or not we like anything I've been vocal about what I like; feel free to check my past posts, but I am not going to sit by and act like this is a good change period. I see the flaws that will happen feel free to check back when they do.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2911592#Comment_2911592

    That's a fair concern too. My friends and I 4 staged a comp Twins last night. But yeah, lower the cap and put us against some poor no slowdown Pig or something. I don't know how this will be better. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

    I don't like the idea of lowering the cap. The cap is intended to prevent long matchmaking times, not for chill matches. I mean the reason why there is low killer variety is because people do not want to play weak killers against strong players...sigh never mind at that part.

    I'm surprised that the kill-rate is 50%.. but I guess that makes sense when only strong killers get played at higher level.

    The 80% kill-rate made me completely chuckle on emblem system. I'm not surprise at all on that one. I'm also amazed that lowering the time from 5->1 minute was such drastic difference in quality of matches. Never would expected that on day 1 test.

    Day 2 was my favorite test and I can clearly see why.

    I do like ending part for survivor team rating and backfilling. that looks very promising.

  • Sad thing is, MMR should allow you to balance for high level and it does all the Fairness work for you.

    High level vs high level and barely sentient spuds vs barely sentient spuds.

  • @MonsterInMyMind said:

    Firstly if you lower the MMR cap you're gonna be exposing players who aren't how do I say this "HIGH MMR GODS WITH THEIR 360 HATCHETS INTO FLICK BLIGHTS INTO NURSE BLINK ONE SHOT DOWN GAMERS" to this exact thing but you're also gonna be exposing players who aren't "DEAD HARD GODS WITH THEIR UNBREAKABLES INTO THEIR BOON CIRCLE OF HEALING INTO THIS DS OF INFINITE GLORY AND INSTA TBAG GAMERS" to people who aren't that good respectfully.

    Isn't this the exact opposite of what you guys should be doing. Listen I hate MMR period I'm all for removing it but if you're gonna remove it you accept nothing can prevent High Skill and Low Skill meeting but you know one thing I didn't see yall address at all the fact people can purposely lower their MMR for easier games which has been done and no I'm not saying content creators do it some probably do but not everyone.

    While I get what you're trying to do, which is please everyone. It's not possible with this system period, this is only going to increase frustration mark my words. The problem you're having Behavior is you don't focus the balance of this game towards High MMR you cater way to much to lower skill players, which I get, but this is a system designed for higher level of play and you've ignored the elephant in the room for too long.

    I heavily dislike MMR but I can't sit here and say that honestly after reading that entire post I'm pleased with this idea because it doesn't change really anything; it just increases the pool that players can get, which in turn opens the door for sweat squads to bully even more players and the same goes for certain Killer Players all you're gonna do is make the somewhat decent players just as burned out as the high MMR Killers already are. So this brings up the question what do you intend to do with this, whats the end game goal if you are just gonna piss even more people off.

    Its not about putting the players who are "high MMR Gods" as you put it, with players in the middle (main) category...but putting those insanely good players against the really really good players. It will not affect the majority of the players who are based within the middle category.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/319767/heres-the-issue-i-see-with-these-results

    Its not about putting the players who are "high MMR Gods" as you put it, with players in the middle (main) category...but putting those insanely good players against the really really good players. It will not affect the majority of the players who are based within the middle category.

    I'll put it in a calmer manner than the OP posted. I think this is a good idea. My main concern is regarding how this might be for people near the top such as the really really good players. The way that you said the majority might anger some folks. That's just how I view this, though.