What Grinds My Gears

You know what REALLY grinds my gears? The fact that when I play survivor I get the most total potato randoms I have ever seen in the history of DBD. Now I would say my MMR is up there because I usually play with some friends and we def have an 85% escape rate on a daily basis. But When I play killer I get the most efficient survivors in the world. Here is an example... I play wraith with 0 Gen defense I get 5 hooks and the games over IF IM LUCKY. I play survivor I get team mates that die to a huntress lullaby freddy!!! This is down right NONSENSE!!!!

Comments

  • It's the curse of the game

    When I play survivor, I get toddlers who accidentally turned on DBD and booted a game up when their parents drunkenly passed out and the toddler started chewing on the controller. I am not allowed to have competence on my team, it's a rule or something.

    When I play killer, I...also a lot of times get toddlers who accidentally turned on DBD and booted a game up when their parents drunkenly passed out and the toddler started chewing on the controller. Or I get Seal Team SWF who have are treating a game of DBD like a raid on a terrorist masterminds home and they can't raise the alarm from the 30 guards patrolling or else they fail their mission as the bad guy has a stand-by escape helicopter at all times. Unfortunately for me as a killer, neither of those games are very fun...

  • I totally, 100% agree. I play killer and the survivors I'm up against make zero mistakes. I play survivor and my teammates are complete idiots who can't loop or hit regular skill checks.

  • It's truly aggravating. The solo survivor matchmaking logic is terrible when there is any population imbalance.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I think the soft cap of MMR does more harm than good. A killer who gets rounded down is going to face poor competition relative to their skill, and survivors who get rounded down are going to get poor teammates relative to their skill.

    Survivor problems with MMR go a bit deeper though, particularly in solo queue. But they all stem from bad matchmaking. One or two bad survivors often guarantee a 4k, no matter how good the rest of the survivors are. A 2000, 300, even 5000 MMR survivor can not carry bad players unless the killer is genuinely awful. DbD doesn't work in the same way that sports work, where one outstanding player can carry an entire team. I get that the numbers may work for what they think is a balanced match, but it's not good gameplay.

    Way too easy for a bad survivor to get tunneled out, you have those games where the killer has 4x slowdown perks and someone is dead at 5 gens, threw every good pallet before they died, and you might as well go to bed cause you are never gonna hold M1 hard enough to make up for it

  • @OpenX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2905707#Comment_2905707

    Way too easy for a bad survivor to get tunneled out, you have those games where the killer has 4x slowdown perks and someone is dead at 5 gens, threw every good pallet before they died, and you might as well go to bed cause you are never gonna hold M1 hard enough to make up for it

    One bad survivor goes down in 10 seconds, another survivor is seen on Kindred running in circles in Corrupt Intervention, and the killer is a Corrupt/Pain Resonance/DMS/Thana Pinhead with Engineer's Fang. TIME TO GO TO BED

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2905710#Comment_2905710

    One bad survivor goes down in 10 seconds, another survivor is seen on Kindred running in circles in Corrupt Intervention, and the killer is a Corrupt/Pain Resonance/DMS/Thana Pinhead with Engineer's Fang. TIME TO GO TO BED

    I would not mind it so much if the matchmaking was better. But when it's not, oof. Pain and suffering.

    I was playing some no mither in dumpster elo earlier and literally did 3.5 gens while my team did.....I am not sure what tbh. I think they just ran around and died, but that's the survivor experience

  • @IsMmrReal said:

    You know what REALLY grinds my gears? The fact that when I play survivor I get the most total potato randoms I have ever seen in the history of DBD. Now I would say my MMR is up there because I usually play with some friends and we def have an 85% escape rate on a daily basis. But When I play killer I get the most efficient survivors in the world. Here is an example... I play wraith with 0 Gen defense I get 5 hooks and the games over IF IM LUCKY. I play survivor I get team mates that die to a huntress lullaby freddy!!! This is down right NONSENSE!!!!

    Okay, keep this in mind.

    If you're winning a lot on SWF games, your MMR is going to be inflated.

    Groups are paired together based on a number of factors, but from what we know, the average MMR of the group is taken into account, as well as the MMR of each member compared to the MMR of the killer.

    You could be getting placed with weaker players because the system expects you to be able to compensate.

    You could simply be getting placed with very high MMR killers, and they've just dominated your teammates.

    You might also have run into lobbies where someone dodged, which apparently breaks the SBMM system.

    Who knows?

  • @OpenX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2905721#Comment_2905721

    I would not mind it so much if the matchmaking was better. But when it's not, oof. Pain and suffering.

    I was playing some no mither in dumpster elo earlier and literally did 3.5 gens while my team did.....I am not sure what tbh. I think they just ran around and died, but that's the survivor experience

    Same. I don't mind the sweatiest games possible. But the matchmaking is so insanely frustrating on survivor. I routinely have games where I do 2 or 3 solo gens while my team does 1 gen between all 3 of them. Solo players are often impossibly inefficient.

  • Haha. Same here.

    Except i get eventually the opposite. Sometimes i get good teammates and a bad killer. Or new players as killer.

  • Most of my matches yesterday were awful for that reason. Some terrible team mates.

    Then I switch to killer and I get the elite players who are efficient on gens, efficient loopers etc. Where are you people when I play survivor.

  • It's a race to the bottom. You get bad teammates then you lose. Then because you lost you get worse teammates.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2905729#Comment_2905729

    Same. I don't mind the sweatiest games possible. But the matchmaking is so insanely frustrating on survivor. I routinely have games where I do 2 or 3 solo gens while my team does 1 gen between all 3 of them. Solo players are often impossibly inefficient.

    Definitely.

    But on the other hand, I also sometimes get paired with amazing teammates who basically carry my butt.

    It's the luck of the draw.

    @TransverseCaster said:

    It's a race to the bottom. You get bad teammates then you lose. Then because you lost you get worse teammates.

    Not exactly.

    You are paired with survivors of a similar MMR, but there is also a component of matchmaking which compares your average team MMR to the killer's MMR.

    If you're losing games - you will also be facing less skilled killers.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2906191#Comment_2906191

    Definitely.

    But on the other hand, I also sometimes get paired with amazing teammates who basically carry my butt.

    It's the luck of the draw.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2906373#Comment_2906373

    Not exactly.

    You are paired with survivors of a similar MMR, but there is also a component of matchmaking which compares your average team MMR to the killer's MMR.

    If you're losing games - you will also be facing less skilled killers.

    After a certain threshold the only easier killers are perkless rookies. Win two of those and you'll be back into a loser streak.

  • @TransverseCaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2906375#Comment_2906375

    After a certain threshold the only easier killers are perkless rookies. Win two of those and you'll be back into a loser streak.

    That hasn't been my experience at all, as a killer main who's just starting to learn survivor.

    Taking the last two whackadoo days of MMR testing out of the equation, for the most part my teammates are somewhere around my skill level and even though I definitely escape more than I die, I'm not suddenly facing 2000 hour Nurses as a 50 hour survivor - aside from the occasional game where someone dodges a lobby and MMR poops itself. If I just dodge lobbies where everyone is readied up when I get there, I tend not to get these much either.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2906379#Comment_2906379

    That hasn't been my experience at all, as a killer main who's just starting to learn survivor.

    Taking the last two whackadoo days of MMR testing out of the equation, for the most part my teammates are somewhere around my skill level and even though I definitely escape more than I die, I'm not suddenly facing 2000 hour Nurses as a 50 hour survivor - aside from the occasional game where someone dodges a lobby and MMR poops itself. If I just dodge lobbies where everyone is readied up when I get there, I tend not to get these much either.

    ... You're a fifty hours survivor?

  • Yup.

    800 odd hours on killer, only very recently started seriously trying to learn the survivor role (before now, I just did dailies).