Unfair killers

Why do survivors playing with full meta perks + huge bodyblock + toolboxes + broken add-ons are expecting fairness from the killer ?

I mean, you bring 4xDH, 2xBT, 2xboons and toolboxes to gen rush and then you cry cause the killer has used dirty mechanics to win, how is your mindset to think this way ?

When you bring all those stuffs into a trial, you have never expected a fair match as on your side you took everything to have a huge advantage over the killer and you clearly just want an ez escape.

THEN, DO NOT EXPECT THE KILLER TO PLAY FAIR.

Comments

  • Literally replied directly to state you aren't going to respond?

    Screenshot_20220415-084458_Chrome.jpg


  • Why you so worried what other think of your gameplay?

  • @toastcrusher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904659#Comment_2904659

    its the way not the outcome get it? me and lots of players dont mind dying.....but the amount of games your getting where your not even getting a single gen to 40% is just...........

    You've already said your bad at the game, so I don't doubt you can't even get Generators to 40%, but the game shouldn't be balanced around your inability to play well

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904662#Comment_2904662

    A base-kit BT wouldn't really do anything, unless it's as good as the current BT. If it's shorter, Killers would just wait it out. Bandaid fixes aren't good

    Honestly I don't think basekit BT is ever going to be a thing anyway. No other perk has been made basekit like that, and the only "evidence" it would be comes down to BHVR not specifically saying they weren't, which by the same logic we could claim basekit BBQ will be a thing, since the devs didn't specifically mention that either, or like 60 other perks on both sides.

  • @toastcrusher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904634#Comment_2904634

    the bs mmr excuse....so acting like a normal human is not from this day and age anymore? its players who refuse to adjust there playstyle towards the team there facing ( and this should be clear in the first min of a game)

    You're not entitled to dictate how your opponent plays the game. Killers who play to win is acting like a normal human. You being bad at the game and not being able to beat the killer because they're better than you doesn't mean they're mean or are playing scummy if they want to play to win and not lessen up on the pressure.

    The only scummy things killers can do in game is cheat by using exploits such as hacks, abusing bugs or body blocking a survivor into a corner and perhaps repeatedly hitting a hooked survivor. Everything else they do, whether they tunnel, camp, slug or play by the made up Survivors Rule Book is playing the game like a normal human.

    Learn to get better at the game or ask the devs to improve their match making system so you can play against killers who are as bad as you are.

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904665#Comment_2904665

    You've already said your bad at the game, so I don't doubt you can't even get Generators to 40%, but the game shouldn't be balanced around your inability to play well

    lets just end it here Demo.....no getting trough to you it seems, in the end people who want to play for fun will leave, and what remains.....you can fill that out yourself.

  • @Jasonisanicefella said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904567#Comment_2904567

    That is very UNTRUE.

    Before MMR killers could win most matches playing fair, that meant that they could beat most teams when playing at 70/75% their true capacity, with the occasional SWF team to beat them.

    That was clearly a problem since you are not supposed to win consistently when not playing at your full potential.

    MMR came into the picture and now killers are versing teams at their real level, since the easy 4k is gone there is a lot of complaining.

    This is a much more balanced game, the strength of the two teams is relatively comparable.

    If you are not ok in playing people at your skill level, DBD is not the game for you. Not anymore, a lot of content creators quit the game.

    If you don't feel like playing on equal footing, leave dbd

    And to clarify how the SBMM is working : it is a 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1, all players are from equal level, it means that each survivor is able to 1v1 you during 1 to 2 minutes. As a killer you cannot win especially with all killers that are weak at pallets.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904646#Comment_2904646

    You're not entitled to dictate how your opponent plays the game. Killers who play to win is acting like a normal human. You being bad at the game and not being able to beat the killer because they're better than you doesn't mean they're mean or are playing scummy if they want to play to win and not lessen up on the pressure.

    The only scummy things killers can do in game is cheat by using exploits such as hacks, abusing bugs or body blocking a survivor into a corner and perhaps repeatedly hitting a hooked survivor. Everything else they do, whether they tunnel, camp, slug or play by the made up Survivors Rule Book is playing the game like a normal human.

    Learn to get better at the game or ask the devs to improve their match making system so you can play against killers who are as bad as you are.

    yeah rright bush...great idea, why didn't i think of that....ask the defs to fix something.......this is truely the most funny comment i read here EVER

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904662#Comment_2904662

    A base-kit BT wouldn't really do anything, unless it's as good as the current BT. If it's shorter, Killers would just wait it out. Bandaid fixes aren't good

    Bandaid fixes = perks. Base kit features are not bandaid fixes.

  • @toastcrusher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904671#Comment_2904671

    lets just end it here Demo.....no getting trough to you it seems, in the end people who want to play for fun will leave, and what remains.....you can fill that out yourself.

    People who play for fun already left/are at the bottom of the SBMM barrel.

    Yes, you're not getting through me because you're complaining about it being able to easily win, while also being bad at the game

  • and dont just make it about me sind i joined the disccussion.....this problem is well known and made who know how much players allready dump this game.

  • @toastcrusher said:

    and dont just make it about me sind i joined the disccussion.....this problem is well known and made who know how much players allready dump this game.

    Well, out of the 50 millions copies they have sold, i bet that less than 200k players are still playing regularly on consoles/PC.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904646#Comment_2904646

    You're not entitled to dictate how your opponent plays the game. Killers who play to win is acting like a normal human. You being bad at the game and not being able to beat the killer because they're better than you doesn't mean they're mean or are playing scummy if they want to play to win and not lessen up on the pressure.

    The only scummy things killers can do in game is cheat by using exploits such as hacks, abusing bugs or body blocking a survivor into a corner and perhaps repeatedly hitting a hooked survivor. Everything else they do, whether they tunnel, camp, slug or play by the made up Survivors Rule Book is playing the game like a normal human.

    Learn to get better at the game or ask the devs to improve their match making system so you can play against killers who are as bad as you are.

    Exactly this.

    This is the only multiplayer game I've ever even seen (in 30 years of gaming now) where one team routinely acts as though they have the right or duty to tell the other side what is considered acceptable playstyle outside of the rules established by the devs. Even in League of Legends, a notoriously toxic community, they keep that kind of nonsense criticism to the side they are playing with, not against.

    Maybe, if you find yourself consistently feeling like the other side in a multiplayer game is being "scummy" by not playing by your made up house rules, then multiplayer games aren't for you, or just get a group of friends who all agree to your house rules and play in the KYF lobby, where you can introduce as many of them as you would like.

  • @toastcrusher said:

    i play killer to buddy, and i decide how the game goes as a killer, even when i'm facing a swf they act differrent when you show you play to have fun

    No. There are players going for fun, and there are the others. How the killer plays has little influence over this.

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904681#Comment_2904681

    People who play for fun already left/are at the bottom of the SBMM barrel.

    Yes, you're not getting through me because you're complaining about it being able to easily win, while also being bad at the game

    respect and respecting others....who knows, maybe you will ever understand...even in online games where not everyody is going to be good or great in.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904666#Comment_2904666

    Bandaid fixes = perks. Base kit features are not bandaid fixes.

    Maybe not a bandaid, but a good fix it wouldn't be

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904617#Comment_2904617

    No. There are players going for fun, and there are the others. How the killer plays has little influence over this.

    if you say so....then it must be true....i must have dreamed those games i'm playing

  • @JeanCharpentier said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904538#Comment_2904538

    I do not deny the survivors to play the game, on the hook or on the ground :).

    On the hook the surv can move his/her arms, on the ground he/she can crawl.

    And no, 4xDH/BT hugely prevent the killer to score hooks by the time the gens are done. 1 DH use = 30 seconds more chase. Since the hit validation on this perk, DH became way too strong. You cannot even bait it as if you use it right when you hear the start of the attack, the server will validate it.

    With DH/BT/bodyblocks/toolboxes, the killer can do 3 hooks by the time 5 gens are done.

    So yes, they come in the trial with broken loadouts, i play with a broken strategy.

    Don't expect fairness from someone when you don't want to play fair.

    So every time you see dead hard used you are ok im gonna tunnel and camp this guy just wow! Most of the time dh only gives bit of distance and is easy to bait still usually I down dh users in less than 10s. But usually I hit them before they use it you just have to be enough close and not do huge lunge. Bt is not problem almost never unless you go after unhooked unless they take protection hit for unhooker with it so sometimes I go after them then and other times if they want me to hit them I just wait it out. Bodyblocking usually gives you 2 free hits so I take that even free downs I sometimes still manage to hook the guy and they're not doing gens while doing that. I main oni so thank's giving me my power freely.

  • @toastcrusher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904691#Comment_2904691

    respect and respecting others....who knows, maybe you will ever understand...even in online games where not everyody is going to be good or great in.

    I respect people who acknowledge they're not that good at the game but don't want the game balanced around them

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904626#Comment_2904626

    Survivors complain more than killers ever will. You get stomped in solo because either you are bad or your teammates are bad. It's an MMR issue, not a killers OP issue (unless it's Nurse).

    At least when the killers complain, they usually have better arguments.

    Mmh no, no, even against Nurse it's often the teammates who are bad.

    I had the leisure to "test" many survivors over the years and a lot are pretty bad. (And when these don't insult you, they mislabel you a "god" because, of course, it's the only reason they could have lost, surely?)

    But then there are good survivors who understand looping, running in a straight line and dropping pallets isn't always the way and can hold their own. The interesting bit is that they are not necessarily the players with the most experience in the game.

  • @toastcrusher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904691#Comment_2904691

    respect and respecting others....who knows, maybe you will ever understand...even in online games where not everyody is going to be good or great in.

    Respect doesn't mean deliberately handicapping your own playstyle. In fact, if I was to play any game where the other side specifically chose to use inefficient or ineffective strategy because they felt I wasn't skilled enough for them to be at their best, I wouldn't feel respected, I would feel condescended to.

    I respect people by playing my best, fair game. By being gracious in defeat or victory, and not feeling like my personal experience is worth more than the people I am matched against. I do this as killer or survivor.

    Do I tunnel? Oh yeah, like a bastard. I'll tunnel someone out at 5 gens while making bad Doctor puns, and feel no shame. Why should I? On the other end when I am playing solo survivor (which is 80-85% of the time) and I am that first survivor tunneled out? I don't get mad. I accept that in an elimination based game, someone is going to be eliminated first, if your team isn't good enough to block for you, or just doesn't care to, then that's not the killer's fault. I take a shot, maybe grab a snack while I watch the rest of the match play out, then move on to the next one and try to do better.

  • @Deathstroke said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904556#Comment_2904556

    So every time you see dead hard used you are ok im gonna tunnel and camp this guy just wow! Most of the time dh only gives bit of distance and is easy to bait still usually I down dh users in less than 10s. But usually I hit them before they use it you just have to be enough close and not do huge lunge. Bt is not problem almost never unless you go after unhooked unless they take protection hit for unhooker with it so sometimes I go after them then and other times if they want me to hit them I just wait it out. Bodyblocking usually gives you 2 free hits so I take that even free downs I sometimes still manage to hook the guy and they're not doing gens while doing that. I main oni so thank's giving me my power freely.

    Nah just only this but if i see a DH + some BB or 2 guys using DH.

    It's the feeling i get during the start of the trial. If i see they are good survivors, that they use DH and that there is some kond of synergie between them + boon installed etc... and gen rush, yes i tunnel/camp.

    Usually when you face good survivors you have all the "toxicity"right at the start :

    • huge gen rush
    • DH
    • bodyblock after the DH
    • extremely good loopers

    So yes, the game forces me to try hard and camp/tunnel so i do it.

    DH is impossible to bait against good survivors because a good survivors will play with sound, not the visuals and so will trigger his/her DH right when he/she hears the hit going. Only noobs pre-shot it.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    Also to those who keep repeating this is a "casual game."

    Nowhere on the Store Page on Steam does it say that,... in fact it is called "competitive PVP"

    Top reviews:

    “Dead by Daylight has evolved into an unrivalled asymmetrical competitive multiplayer game, and one of the best horror games around.”

    9/10 – Gamespot

    “Dead by Daylight’s inventive concept for a competitive horror game strikes an incredible balance between two very different styles of play, and makes both compelling.”

    9/10 – IGN

    DBD has not been a "casual" game in many years, survivor mains just keep saying it, but the game is literally sold as online comp pvp.

    I thin dbd is at least more casual than games like fortnite for example that just full of sweats. Most players in dbd are casuals still.

  • @toastcrusher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904696#Comment_2904696

    if you say so....then it must be true....i must have dreamed those games i'm playing

    I suspect ou are assuming that what you have experienced, as many times it may ave occurred, is the general case.

    I'm not saying it doesn't happen. I'm only saying it's not a rule.

  • @JeanCharpentier said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904708#Comment_2904708

    Nah just only this but if i see a DH + some BB or 2 guys using DH.

    It's the feeling i get during the start of the trial. If i see they are good survivors, that they use DH and that there is some kond of synergie between them + boon installed etc... and gen rush, yes i tunnel/camp.

    Usually when you face good survivors you have all the "toxicity"right at the start :

    • huge gen rush
    • DH
    • bodyblock after the DH
    • extremely good loopers

    So yes, the game forces me to try hard and camp/tunnel so i do it.

    DH is impossible to bait against good survivors because a good survivors will play with sound, not the visuals and so will trigger his/her DH right when he/she hears the hit going. Only noobs pre-shot it.

    Those bullet points being labeled “toxicity”… lol! Everything we need to know about you and this post.

  • @Deathstroke said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904624#Comment_2904624

    So that's why some killers hard tunnel cause it's most effient and fastest way to win and be competive well that... I try to just have fun and play casually most of the time and try to avoid tunneling unless it's neccesary for win.

    Right now the best general strategy to get a 3-4k is to tunnel out one survivor as quickly as possible (generally whoever brings CoH, or someone who already used DS on you). The pressure it puts on the survivor team to knock out the other gens starts a snowball. Even good teams will play sloppier and more rushed, which leads to more mistakes that can be taken advantage of.

    Also, just to note. "Playing to have fun" and "playing to win" aren't mutually exclusive. Maybe it's because I started playing chess as a small child, but I always find the most fun in any pvp game doesn't come from being "relaxed" but from coming up with and adapting a strategy to another player who is also coming up with and adapting strategies to defeat my side. If I'm looking for a relaxed "casual" experience I play one of many single player games that don't require more strategy than figuring out what color I want to paint the fence around my tulips.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904644#Comment_2904644

    Just want to state, I do not enjoy versing weak players.

    I enjoy PVP and like the challenge. I used to play perkless OG Freddy in red ranks for "fun"

    most killers understand this is PVP, and we like challenge.

    well if you do I see no problem with MMR, take your challenge and verse your equals.

    I love the soul games and I don't complain about the king of storm being stronger than me, I get better and I beat it.

    DBD is the same, the time for easy 4Ks is gone

  • @JeanCharpentier said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904644#Comment_2904644

    And to clarify how the SBMM is working : it is a 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1, all players are from equal level, it means that each survivor is able to 1v1 you during 1 to 2 minutes. As a killer you cannot win especially with all killers that are weak at pallets.

    and yet kill rates are over 50% and most matches end up with a 2k plus so your story doesn't add up.

    You are almost guaranteed a 2k with camping and tunnelling, especially with a one-shot killer. Camp and tunnel if you wish to win.

    Killers are winning left and right but since they are not having easy matches anymore and they have to try they are complaining.

  • @JeanCharpentier said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904708#Comment_2904708

    Nah just only this but if i see a DH + some BB or 2 guys using DH.

    It's the feeling i get during the start of the trial. If i see they are good survivors, that they use DH and that there is some kond of synergie between them + boon installed etc... and gen rush, yes i tunnel/camp.

    Usually when you face good survivors you have all the "toxicity"right at the start :

    • huge gen rush
    • DH
    • bodyblock after the DH
    • extremely good loopers

    So yes, the game forces me to try hard and camp/tunnel so i do it.

    DH is impossible to bait against good survivors because a good survivors will play with sound, not the visuals and so will trigger his/her DH right when he/she hears the hit going. Only noobs pre-shot it.

    Oh I thought you was just going to use it as stragedy if survivors have those perks. Agains't good sfw:s there is not much killer can do unless playing nurse or blight. So camping is valid stragedy. But sometimes I see nurses to hard tunnel and camp even bad or average players even it's not neccesary at all for the win but they just want to kill everyone fast.

  • @Jasonisanicefella said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904684#Comment_2904684

    and yet kill rates are over 50% and most matches end up with a 2k plus so your story doesn't add up.

    You are almost guaranteed a 2k with camping and tunnelling, especially with a one-shot killer. Camp and tunnel if you wish to win.

    Killers are winning left and right but since they are not having easy matches anymore and they have to try they are complaining.

    Oh yes, the kill rates.

    Let me just ask 2 questions about those rates.

    1. Are disconnects counted as kills? How about suicide on hook? Do those affect the rates? My gut says they do, but BHVR hasn't really confirmed one way or another, have they?

    2. According to those rates, Nurse is actually the weakest killer in the game. Do you agree with that assessment, or do you feel like there is a reason behind her lack of kills? If there is a reason, then surely it's not just nurse's rate that would lack context and nuance, right?

  • @Icaurs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904556#Comment_2904556

    Yeah this attitude is a prime example of why DBD has taken such a negative direction.

    You utilize strategies that are simply unfun. The devs have allowed this and players see no issue with abusing this. So others respond in kind and those same players seem shocked that people respond just as negatively.

    The devs stance on camping/tunelling is always amusing.

    "it's a legitimate strategy, so we won't fix it." However here are a bunch of small bandaid solutions, that don't really fix it but make it somewhat bearable. D strike, BT, soul guard, off the record, baby sitter ect. Its like they are saying, we know its awful and we want to fix it but we also don't want to upset killers. So please use this and we hope it helps.

    It would be far easier to just to outright fix it.

    how would you fix it? don't say stop/slow sacrifice Hook Stages if killer near by because it been done in a PTB soon removed because survivors abused it.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904738#Comment_2904738

    Oh yes, the kill rates.

    Let me just ask 2 questions about those rates.

    1. Are disconnects counted as kills? How about suicide on hook? Do those affect the rates? My gut says they do, but BHVR hasn't really confirmed one way or another, have they?

    2. According to those rates, Nurse is actually the weakest killer in the game. Do you agree with that assessment, or do you feel like there is a reason behind her lack of kills? If there is a reason, then surely it's not just nurse's rate that would lack context and nuance, right?

    In before they try to move the goal post

  • @Jasonisanicefella said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904655#Comment_2904655

    well if you do I see no problem with MMR, take your challenge and verse your equals.

    I love the soul games and I don't complain about the king of storm being stronger than me, I get better and I beat it.

    DBD is the same, the time for easy 4Ks is gone

    Killing noobs is not fun. Playing against people who are good at chases is fun, both sides.

    People play PVP for the challenge, PVE games allow you to cheese mobs and be the hero.

    I know survivors think killers want easy games, and some do, just as some survivors wish they escape every match. However, thats just not how this game goes.

    I can get 4k, 4k, 2k, 3k, then 0k,... it happens, but I never get salty or consider my opponent less than me. I analyze what I did wrong, or could have done to obtain a better outcome.

    I am doing a personal experiment putting 500 hours into Bubba,... I recorded 22 games over the past few days,...

    1. 1k

    2. Mothers Dwelling 4k

    3. 4k

    4. 4k Ormond

    5. 4k yamaoka sanctum

    6. 4k Ormond

    7. 3k Ward

    8. 3k (gave hatch) Raccoon PD

    9. 4k Wretched Shop

    10. 3k Badham 2

    11. 1k Ironworks

    12. 2k Midwidch

    13. 4k Torment Creek

    14. 3k The Game

    15. 1k Torment Creek

    16. 0k Midwich

    17. 3k Basement

    18. 3k Coal Tower

    19. 3k The Game

    20. 1k Wretched Shop

    21. 3k Badham 2

    22. 3k Grim Pantry

    Only PVE players want easy games, rest of us enjoy the challenge.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904720#Comment_2904720

    Right now the best general strategy to get a 3-4k is to tunnel out one survivor as quickly as possible (generally whoever brings CoH, or someone who already used DS on you). The pressure it puts on the survivor team to knock out the other gens starts a snowball. Even good teams will play sloppier and more rushed, which leads to more mistakes that can be taken advantage of.

    Also, just to note. "Playing to have fun" and "playing to win" aren't mutually exclusive. Maybe it's because I started playing chess as a small child, but I always find the most fun in any pvp game doesn't come from being "relaxed" but from coming up with and adapting a strategy to another player who is also coming up with and adapting strategies to defeat my side. If I'm looking for a relaxed "casual" experience I play one of many single player games that don't require more strategy than figuring out what color I want to paint the fence around my tulips.

    I still don't think tunneling is best stragedy well only if you can do it very fast like in less than 2 mins but you are going to lose pips and bp. Sometimes that only ends the way that you get looped whole match and you don't apply any pressure on others who just do gens. My goal is down and hook and go for another down him and hook and then if the first guy is on hook I go back there hit unhooker and slug unhooked and down unhooker and put him on hook if the first unhooked is not revived then hook him again. This way I apply much more pressure and I can stop then for doing gens so it's most of the time much better stragedy for me than tunneling. Usually I kill first when all have been on hook at least once so everyone can still have half decent game at least.

  • @Icaurs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904556#Comment_2904556

    Yeah this attitude is a prime example of why DBD has taken such a negative direction.

    You utilize strategies that are simply unfun. The devs have allowed this and players see no issue with abusing this. So others respond in kind and those same players seem shocked that people respond just as negatively.

    The devs stance on camping/tunelling is always amusing.

    "it's a legitimate strategy, so we won't fix it." However here are a bunch of small bandaid solutions, that don't really fix it but make it somewhat bearable. D strike, BT, soul guard, off the record, baby sitter ect. Its like they are saying, we know its awful and we want to fix it but we also don't want to upset killers. So please use this and we hope it helps.

    It would be far easier to just to outright fix it.

    So you are amused at the idea that the devs create perks to help one side counter the other sides strategies? Do you also get as much of a chuckle out of Corrupt Intervention, pop, or Iron Maiden existing? All of them also exist to help killers counter survivor strategies. That's literally how the game is designed.

  • @Deathstroke said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904731#Comment_2904731

    I still don't think tunneling is best stragedy well only if you can do it very fast like in less than 2 mins but you are going to lose pips and bp. Sometimes that only ends the way that you get looped whole match and you don't apply any pressure on others who just do gens. My goal is down and hook and go for another down him and hook and then if the first guy is on hook I go back there hit unhooker and slug unhooked and down unhooker and put him on hook if the first unhooked is not revived then hook him again. This way I apply much more pressure and I can stop then for doing gens so it's most of the time much better stragedy for me than tunneling. Usually I kill first when all have been on hook at least once so everyone can still have half decent game at least.

    I usually avoid the urge to do this, but it's just driving me nuts today, so sorry in advance for hurting feelings.

    There is no d in the word strategy.

    As far as the rest? BP I care about, but I've given up on the pip system long ago. I don't care if I pip, double pip, unpip or double unpip. I don't care if it pops. The emblem system is trash, and a relic of the past. If more end up dead than alive, I won as killer. If more end up alive than dead, I won as survivor. Far easier to judge, and it's all the mmr looks at anyway.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904605#Comment_2904605

    yeah yeah yeah everyone plays to relax, except they dont.

    I have over 2500 hours in the game, you don't relax playing killer you figure out your mistakes and micromanage the match until you eityher win or lose.

    Nothing casual about the game anymore, and in fact, people can play the game as they wish. You may relax and have fun but the teams I go against every night most certainly are not.

    Put a couple thousand hours on killer then come say that nonsense.

    Speak for yourself, some people enjoy playing killer and it's relaxing to just be on my own team and play how I want.

  • @eleventbh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904610#Comment_2904610

    Speak for yourself, some people enjoy playing killer and it's relaxing to just be on my own team and play how I want.

    ummm I enjoy it too, but upload a vid of you playing casually, so we can see how it goes.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904583#Comment_2904583

    So you are amused at the idea that the devs create perks to help one side counter the other sides strategies? Do you also get as much of a chuckle out of Corrupt Intervention, pop, or Iron Maiden existing? All of them also exist to help killers counter survivor strategies. That's literally how the game is designed.

    Nope, DH/DS/BT/CoH are perks created to counter the killer's strategy.

    Corrupt, pop and iron maiden are bandaids to a bad game design. We could compare them to a perk allowing the survivors to run cause their basic kit is just walking/crouching.

    DH = 2nd chance if you made a mistake

    DS/BT = counter tunneling/camping

    CoH = counter hit'n'run

    Tons of strong loops = counter chases

    Pretty much everything the killer can do is countered.

    Corrupt/Pop = just slow down the gen speed, it doesn't help in chase, no 2nd chance perk and it does not help to camp or to down surv.

  • @JeanCharpentier said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904766#Comment_2904766

    Nope, DH/DS/BT/CoH are perks created to counter the killer's strategy.

    Corrupt, pop and iron maiden are bandaids to a bad game design. We could compare them to a perk allowing the survivors to run cause their basic kit is just walking/crouching.

    DH = 2nd chance if you made a mistake

    DS/BT = counter tunneling/camping

    CoH = counter hit'n'run

    Tons of strong loops = counter chases

    Pretty much everything the killer can do is countered.

    Corrupt/Pop = just slow down the gen speed, it doesn't help in chase, no 2nd chance perk and it does not help to camp or to down surv.

    What bad game design does iron maiden counter? I get that the rest you're going to say are "gen speeds are too fast", which I am not sure I agree with, but IM? I use it on doc literally to counter survivors trying to hide from the madness.

  • @Jasonisanicefella said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904684#Comment_2904684

    and yet kill rates are over 50% and most matches end up with a 2k plus so your story doesn't add up.

    You are almost guaranteed a 2k with camping and tunnelling, especially with a one-shot killer. Camp and tunnel if you wish to win.

    Killers are winning left and right but since they are not having easy matches anymore and they have to try they are complaining.

    Wow, took you 3 pages to come back to the conclusion of my first post, gj.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904803#Comment_2904803

    What bad game design does iron maiden counter? I get that the rest you're going to say are "gen speeds are too fast", which I am not sure I agree with, but IM? I use it on doc literally to counter survivors trying to hide from the madness.

    Fact that there are 20 lockers on every map and that you can hide inside one to the point the killer will never be able to find you ?

    How many times a killer goes past a locker with a survivor inside, unseen ? It is way more than what you think.

  • @JeanCharpentier said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904805#Comment_2904805

    Fact that there are 20 lockers on every map and that you can hide inside one to the point the killer will never be able to find you ?

    How many times a killer goes past a locker with a survivor inside, unseen ? It is way more than what you think.

    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree there. Personally I feel like the lockers are good, both in number/placement and function. I don't think I've ever actually seen anyone complain about the lockers before.

  • I'm amazed with this community, killers are leaving, no one want to play killer but you still have ppl saying the game is fair on both sides 😂

    I will call this being delusional but that's not the good word for it.

    Survivors have a perk to counter everything, everything while killers do not.

    Why don't we have a perk that one shot a survivor that is taking a protect hit ?

    A perk to one shot a survivor for 60 sec after a stun ?

    A perk that injure a survivor fast vaulting ?

    It would be as broekn as DH, BT, DS but ye you will all say it's not the same.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904812#Comment_2904812

    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree there. Personally I feel like the lockers are good, both in number/placement and function. I don't think I've ever actually seen anyone complain about the lockers before.

    They do not complain cause it's not the main issue and we can't know for sure that is is used a lot, it's not like taking a pallet into the face for exemple.

    It is something you do not see/feel.

    But if i tell you (number just out of my head) that in every trial there is an average of 5 times a killer is near alocker with a surv inside and do not know it, we would see it differently.

    But it is maybe 8 times per trial. who knows ?

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904780#Comment_2904780

    ummm I enjoy it too, but upload a vid of you playing casually, so we can see how it goes.

    If I could right now I would. Why do I need to provide evidence of me enjoying a game though? Is it that hard to believe a killer doesn't rage every game and actually enjoys the role they choose to play as? I get frustrated when things are out of my control (Lery's on a killer like Oni for example) and that's about it. If I get burnt out I switch builds/killers, switch to survivor, or take a break from the game.

  • @eleventbh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904784#Comment_2904784

    If I could right now I would. Why do I need to provide evidence of me enjoying a game though? Is it that hard to believe a killer doesn't rage every game and actually enjoys the role they choose to play as? I get frustrated when things are out of my control (Lery's on a killer like Oni for example) and that's about it. If I get burnt out I switch builds/killers, switch to survivor, or take a break from the game.

    Nah it exists for sure, but you are just a few.

    Why do you think that BHVR is thinking about giving special rewards to those playing killers ?

    Why do you think survivors queue times have increased a lot ?

    Why is there 7 to 15 killers in queue for 2500 survivors in queue ?

    Why half the playerbase has left ?

    ... it is not that hard to understand what is happening.

  • @JeanCharpentier said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904843#Comment_2904843

    Nah it exists for sure, but you are just a few.

    Why do you think that BHVR is thinking about giving special rewards to those playing killers ?

    Why do you think survivors queue times have increased a lot ?

    Why is there 7 to 15 killers in queue for 2500 survivors in queue ?

    Why half the playerbase has left ?

    ... it is not that hard to understand what is happening.

    I hope they do give rewards. I know playing competitively is not viable for most of the killer roster and they deserve that extra boost. Where did "half of the playerbase" come from though?

    I understand what it happening. A lot of people complain about the competitive nature of the game and then continue to play competitively. Games are meant to be fun so don't force yourself to play.

    I'm probably the only person that thinks creating a competitive and casual game mode is a good idea but the major complaints (meta, tunneling/camping, MMR) come from what seems to be casual players looking for fun complaining about competitive aspects. But the fact that there is a meta and strategies such as tunneling show that there is obviously a divide in how people want to play.

1 2 3