Longing for switch xprogression

Played a bit on my switch today as it’s the place I have the most hours in. I switched to pc and oh how I miss all the perks I have on all the characters. The variety of playing the game in multiple ways that I can’t do anymore since I can’t sink the same amount of hours in PC.


it made the game fun again on the survivor side(the only side I played on switch)


how much longer till cross progression? I’ll pay for dlcs at this point.

Comments

  • Im almost 100% sure they wont bring it cause sony doesn't want them too. Sony is really money hungry and this isn't the first time sony has held us from getting content like this. Patch 2.0 was delayed for WEEKS on console because Sony wouldn't authorize it and the charity case took forever to come to console because of Sony as well. Its hugely unfair since we all pretty much know Microsoft does not care so clearly its Sony holding back console progression again since BHVR sees us all as equal or sumn :/

  • I'm in the same boat. I don't have hours available to me to play, and I started on the Switch, so the thought of putting all that time and grind into another console is hard. If the grind wasnt so rough then i'd probably consider it but it is what it is. I have a PS5 that I'd love to play dbd on but I'm patiently waiting and hoping for cross progression. If it's because of Nintendo pushing back, well I can honestly say I wouldn't abandon the Switch because having handheld available is still convenient even if the graphics are poor. Plus I have the ST chapter on Switch, and I imagine licenses wouldn't be part of cross progression.

  • @Nazzzak said:

    I'm in the same boat. I don't have hours available to me to play, and I started on the Switch, so the thought of putting all that time and grind into another console is hard. If the grind wasnt so rough then i'd probably consider it but it is what it is. I have a PS5 that I'd love to play dbd on but I'm patiently waiting and hoping for cross progression. If it's because of Nintendo pushing back, well I can honestly say I wouldn't abandon the Switch because having handheld available is still convenient even if the graphics are poor. Plus I have the ST chapter on Switch, and I imagine licenses wouldn't be part of cross progression.

    I'll quit the game before I start a fresh account on PC. I have too much progress and DLC on the Switch.

    It has been said in the past that all DLC is supposed to transfer with cross-progression. There's even a thread where someone specifically contacted BHVR about the Stranger Things chapter: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/275028/crossprog-and-stranger-things-question

    Unfortunately, as much as I'd love for it to happen, I'm not holding my breath for Switch cross-progression.

  • 4.5k hours on console

    i have everyone p3l50 and devotion 16

    i lost everything moving to pc.

    i wish we could just get it on xbox and switch, why should sony hold us back.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904302#Comment_2904302

    I'll quit the game before I start a fresh account on PC. I have too much progress and DLC on the Switch.

    It has been said in the past that all DLC is supposed to transfer with cross-progression. There's even a thread where someone specifically contacted BHVR about the Stranger Things chapter: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/275028/crossprog-and-stranger-things-question

    Unfortunately, as much as I'd love for it to happen, I'm not holding my breath for Switch cross-progression.

    Good to know re DLC. I remember there was an announcement that Switch cross progression was originally on the cards but then it was updated that it was delayed and there's no ETA. I can't remember if it was dev confirmed or just speculation sorry, but people were saying the licensing was causing the issue. Again, not sure how true that was. It'd be great to have my DLC transfer should cross progression be back on the cards

  • @Nazzzak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2904314#Comment_2904314

    Good to know re DLC. I remember there was an announcement that Switch cross progression was originally on the cards but then it was updated that it was delayed and there's no ETA. I can't remember if it was dev confirmed or just speculation sorry, but people were saying the licensing was causing the issue. Again, not sure how true that was. It'd be great to have my DLC transfer should cross progression be back on the cards

    The official statement (taken from https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/305-f-a-q-cross-progression) is:

    Due to technical aspects beyond our control, transferring DLC between all platforms has not been possible, significantly impacting that experience. As a result, while we remain dedicated to doing everything we can to resolve the issue, we can no longer provide a clear ETA on when cross-progression will be available on Switch 

    Whether that refers to licensing or something else is unknown, as "technical issues" could be vague-PR-speak for nearly anything. As far as I know, no dev has said anything beyond that.