Grabbing Off the Hook Promotes Camping

I don't know what they did these days, but I cannot even successfully fake a save anymore. I'll let go and still get grabbed right after. Helps those face campers at end game I guess.

Is saving now a thing of the past while a killer is face camping?

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2902700#Comment_2902700

    Yes, but securing a kill doesn't make you appear a better killer. No one has ever said "well at first I thought he sucked but then he camped and got that 1 kill so I was wrong and it's obvious he is penultimate." It just makes you seem desperate and tryhard. We've all done it but I definitely am self-aware in how it looks and do my utmost to avoid it.

    When and if I do it is typically out of spite.

    Killers who camp typically don’t care what the survivors think of them. Example when I camp to generate pressure or bait the survivors into altruism, I don’t concern myself with how they perceive it, I’m just playing the game as intended and using the tools available to me. Being camped is boring and I can sympathise with that, but it’s just a game at the end of the day.

  • @Lynxx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2903463#Comment_2903463

    Eventually that happens when the killer proxy camps the whole time - you have no choice other than letting that player die.

    I meant as soon as the killer hooks.

    I mean like, not even giving a moment to leave the hook.

    edit: and the whole team just rushing the hook.

  • Removing hook grabs promotes unsafe unhooks and sloppy gameplay.

    They're called 'unsafe unhooks' for a reason. And now, 6 years later, it's not fair? 🤦‍♂️

  • Don't forget Bubba 100% prevents unhooking.

    They really need to add unhook validation. Too many times I have even baited an unhook with a facecamper, only to find that my survivor body has resumed normal position and was grabbed anyway. So it is technically next to impossible to unhook (facecampers rewarded) due to server lag. Once again, the killer seems to have a priority when it comes to grabs.

  • Not being able to grab promotes hook farming.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/319107/grabbing-off-the-hook-promotes-camping

    Actually camping is more promoted by killers feeling the inability to do multiple chases and get downs. This can be amplified by certain maps and setups...

    Not to mention if players have pushed gens and leave the person on hook for awhile why wouldn't a killer go back to camp the next stage?

    You want killers not to camp? Balance so they dont have to, I can assure you alot of people camp because they dont know what else to do and they just dont want to be bullied or not even secure a kill.

    I think killers know what they should do but camping is easy option. I understand camping totally when gens are done I mean what else are you supposed to do at that point unless you have noed and know you can take them down. But facecamping when there is still 5-4 gens left is not neccesary for win but some still do it. I do it when I do something else at the same time like eating.

  • When many games 3-4 gens are done within 5 mins what do you expect? there isnt TIME to do 10 chases in some games when a survivor has meta perks and absurd amounts of safe loops.

    There isnt TIME to spread out hooks when any decent survivor can make a chase 30-60+ seconds in length


    I avoid camping but when survivors dont give me time to even play the game you best bet im at MINIMUM proxy camping the only survivor i got a hook on that game


    Games that actually take time to play out I dont camp because i dont need to. I have TIME the thing survivors have and killers dont to be able to chase.

    But dont get mad at us when you dont give us a chance to play and all 4 sit to tbag taunt at the exit and insult us in game chat when we say gg.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    In a world where killers can only grab injured survivors, killers can still camp (or proxy or be super strategy guy as Suzu says) the hook and apply pressure there. Just not the automatic down with a grab.

    I think killers are crutching on this mechanic too much rather than taking (and learning to win) chases.

    I enjoy chasing when I actually have the time to do them. when survs know what they are doing and make sure people are always on gens the game is over so fast and it is so humiliating to have 0 kills when survs refuse to leave after they have the gates open, they wanna sit 2 inches from the safe exit so you literally can do nothing while they taunt in safety. The games i have the most fun in, regardless of 4ks or 0ks are games that go longer. period. Those games I feel like i actually got a chance to play. Not pick trapper and before i even got traps 2 down 2 gens just popped at the same time. then people get mad when killers run NOED because "no skill" i dont mind DH and company but those are "no skill perks" as well



    edit: but to add on real fast, people who camp at 5 gens left are lame

  • @Lynxx said:

    I don't know what they did these days, but I cannot even successfully fake a save anymore. I'll let go and still get grabbed right after. Helps those face campers at end game I guess.

    Is saving now a thing of the past while a killer is face camping?

    How about survs stop unhooking in the killer's face, then we can talk about camping.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    In a world where killers can only grab injured survivors, killers can still camp (or proxy or be super strategy guy as Suzu says) the hook and apply pressure there. Just not the automatic down with a grab.

    I think killers are crutching on this mechanic too much rather than taking (and learning to win) chases.

    Getting a grab off an unsafe unhook is not 'crutching'. This is yet another BS buzzword from Survivors.

    The SURVIVOR misplayed and got grabbed. It's not 'no skill' or 'crutching'. Those are BS terms that shift the blame; it stops being 'The Killer took advantage of the Survivor's bad play' to 'The Killer used a cheap tactic that I could in no way counter because it's crutch'.


    It's not 'crutch', and anyone who gets grabbed screwed up. Using a term like 'crutch' is trying to blame the Killer for the Survivor playing bad. It's literally shaming Killers for winning while pretending Survivors could in no way counter it.

    Stop using buzzwords and blaming Killers for your bad plays. No; grabbing should not go away just so bad Survivors can get free unhooks.

  • I noticed they changed this recently. They broke hook grabs, and you get pulled off easily now. Maybe this was intentional

  • @AngyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2903330#Comment_2903330

    Getting a grab off an unsafe unhook is not 'crutching'. This is yet another BS buzzword from Survivors.

    The SURVIVOR misplayed and got grabbed. It's not 'no skill' or 'crutching'. Those are BS terms that shift the blame; it stops being 'The Killer took advantage of the Survivor's bad play' to 'The Killer used a cheap tactic that I could in no way counter because it's crutch'.

    It's not 'crutch', and anyone who gets grabbed screwed up. Using a term like 'crutch' is trying to blame the Killer for the Survivor playing bad. It's literally shaming Killers for winning while pretending Survivors could in no way counter it.

    Stop using buzzwords and blaming Killers for your bad plays. No; grabbing should not go away just so bad Survivors can get free unhooks.

    I'm not blaming killers for survivor mishaps. I'm blaming the game mechanics for gifting an imbalanced advantage to killers in the survivor's most vulnerable situation.

    And I probably play more killer than any of yall. You are welcome to look at my profile here on the forums if you want to see my killer credentials. "Buzzwords from survivors."

    It is a crutch to lean on.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2903967#Comment_2903967

    I'm not blaming killers for survivor mishaps. I'm blaming the game mechanics for gifting an imbalanced advantage to killers in the survivor's most vulnerable situation.

    And I probably play more killer than any of yall. You are welcome to look at my profile here on the forums if you want to see my killer credentials. "Buzzwords from survivors."

    It is a crutch to lean on.

    The POINT is that the Survivor is vulnerable there.

    So apparently the Killer trying to win is 'a crutch'. Apparently a Survivor doing A BAD PLAY is a Killer 'crutch'. Sure. Whatever. 🙄

    This is the only game where I see one side literally say the other side having oppertunities to win is 'crutch'. 🤦‍♂️


    Hook grabs are fine. Stop trying to handhold Survivors.

    Between this and 'DS should be automatic'; Killers are literally not going to have nay way to win soon. What's next? 'Hooking is unfair'? 'Survivors should get a skillcheck to avoid being hooked'? How about 'Killers need a Hard skillcheck to pick up Survivors'? Lord.

  • fake outs... They're a thing...

  • @Brimp said:

    You know what also promotes camping? 90% of survivors running the same 6 perks that allows them to get 40 seconds of chase value for pressing a single button.

    FACTS!

  • Just play killer yourself! :D

1 2 ›