What is making Killer not Fun?

When I play Killer, I generally have fun. I play a range of killers, Plague, Sadako, Freddy, Twins, Trapper, Hag. When I play, I play really lax and will intentionally let survivors go if they are not good at the game. When that happens, I usually try and 2 hook each survivor, then just chase them down and hook them.

If the survivors are good or better than me, I'll try and get kills. I don't resort to face camping or tunneling-off-hook-till-dead, for me personally, I don't feel that is a win at that point. (Although I did do a test where I face-camped exclusively with Leatherface for 40 games to test to see if it's a valid strategy).

For me, what makes killer unfun is definitely face-camping, I had absolutely no fun doing that until the survivors became so good that I was averaging about 2 kills per game which happened about after 30 straight games face camping, before I got around a 3.2 average kill rate.

Aside from face-camping making the game boring for me, I also found that I really hating playing killer when the teams I went against were so much better than me that I couldn't do anything against them. Flashlight saves, perfect looping, it's a pain in the a*s and is stressful.

Those games don't happen often though. Usually I'm paired with survivors pretty close to my level or lower than my level.

---

TLDR

When I face-camp.

When I face teams much-much better than me.

Comments

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2893236#Comment_2893236

    MMR but if I had to blame a perk it would be Circle of healing.

    Also it will NOT be fixed next update, it'll still be busted asf even at 50% BONUS.

    ftfy.

    my dumbass had to search what ftfy meant.

    Thank you.

  • As someone with a little over 250 hours I recently came back to this game the biggest deterrent for me to play the game is 100% toxic survivors who click there flashlight or teabag you at the exit gate bc they won and I do agree with some here

    it's 100% a double standard if you bring strong perks survs call you out in chat for using good perks and then if they use strong perks it's bc of something a killer did to them

    I play scummy I'll admit but because it's legitimately the only way to play as killer for me bc there's so many 2nd chance perks and gen rushers it's so frustrating thinking you're doing good and then you're nice to a survivor

    then they take advantage of that trust and just bully you sometimes run you for a few gens and then by the time you realize it's too late

  • Blatant Cheating. Though it doesn't happen that often, it just kills any motivation to play anymore. Especially when you're being held hostage and the only thing you can do is DC.

  • @Firellius said:

    Killer gameplay, at base, is incredibly flat.

    Survivors have a variety of tasks that need to be accomplished. Find gens, do gens, keep an eye out for the killer. Find totems, find items, dodge the killer while going for an unhook. Try to help your teammates, open doors, hide from the killer. And of course, there's the all important chase. There's dynamism and variety, one second you're in a heart-pounding chase, the next you're taking a breather as you work on a gen.

    Killers, in comparison, have almost no elements to their gameplay. Find survivor, chase survivor, hook survivor. From there, you either rinse and repeat, or camp. You are -always- on the clock.

    Put simply: The gameplay design for survivor is a TON more involved than for killers. I think that's also leading to killers complaining about survivors being OP, then posting a screenshot of them getting 3K+: Killer gameplay isn't fun unless you are in full control of the match, which is generally only going to happen if you're stomping the survivors.

    So I think that a lot of balance complaints also stem from killer gameplay being flat.

    I don't really agree with your statement I only complain about survivor being OP when I either can't hook anyone or only get 1 kill I understand you're going to lose some but it's ridiculously unfair how fast gens can go if you have brand new parts or multiple toolboxes I understand they won't go away and I don't necessarily think they're unbalanced it's just the fact when you combine them together and maybe a perk to excel it like prove thy self(?) It just becomes so unfun to play killer especially if the survivors have bm like force you to come to the gate just to teabag you to rub it in your face that they're better

  • Games seem a lil too fast on both sides.

    Dbd is actually enjoyable....when ur Nemmy on The Game. Butthen you get like, Plague on Mothers Dwelling.

  • SWF.

    I'll happily dodge a SWF and then wait a few moments before joining the queue again so they get "flushed".

    I don't really want my build and mind games to be undone just because they have mics.

  • Perfect gameplay destroys any game. Meta builds, unbeatable strategies etc. The more predictable a game is, the less fun it is. A solved game is a dead game.

    This is why the devs should do a complete 180 and run away from the MMR and balancing ideology as fast as ######### possible.

  • @Awkweird said:

    Perfect gameplay destroys any game. Meta builds, unbeatable strategies etc. The more predictable a game is, the less fun it is. A solved game is a dead game.

    This is why the devs should do a complete 180 and run away from the MMR and balancing ideology as fast as ######### possible.

    I'd love a random perk mode, hell or even a perk draft mode.

    Give a random set of perks and everyone has to pick from them.

  • Gen speed, and map design.

    1. Unbalanced maps, or getting a map that sucks specifically for the killer I'm playing
    2. COH, DH, SB, and the rest of the stale meta, although I understand BT and DS more
    3. Feeling forced to run multiple slowdowns to win against better survivors/can't have as much build variety as killer without losing a lot of the time. Corrupt also feels like it’s a necessity to not lose 2-3 gens quickly
    4. If the survivors are much better than me and I'm playing an m1 killer who doesn't have antiloop
    5. Toxicity
    6. The occasional squad who just hides all the time and doesn't engage in chase. Most boring part of the game
    7. Playing Hag (I hate her and I don't play her lmao)
1 2 ›