Buff to Small Game
Small Game offers an auditory notification when facing a trap or totem in a 12-meter cone infront of you.
We all know, how HORRIBLE it is to play as a Solo Survivor, and to be screwed over by NOED because you were the only one to decide to cleanse totems.
Although this information shouldn't just be handed to you. SWF has access to this buff without it even existing - they can use comms to distinguish how many totems are left.
I mean, it's also another way to bring up solo survivors a wee lil bit.
Infact, I'm perfectly willing to use a perk slot just to know how many totems are on the map.
edit: Show us how many totems are left on the map via small game perk :buff it:
Edit2: Everyone's having a hard time understanding this buff. Like Devour Hope, have a number that indicates how many totems are left (not where, just HOW MANY) by showing the number on the perks bottom corner.
Comments
Yh add that it's a decent buff and fix dead hard since it's buggy as sh!t
In practice, you suggest who runs Small Game should have the normal perk effect and see how many totems are still in the map. I agree: you pay a slot for this information, nobody can complain it's free.
It's not a waste: Small Game, if buffed, should provide you that info and the alert when you are near to a trap or a totem. Do you suggest that info should be given everybody without any perk?
Not a perk slot wasted when you AREN'T SWF, and we shouldn't disregard a QoL buff just due to a SWF having access to that info.
Okay so by logic of "but of SWF exists":
Bond/Empathy, Wake Up!, Small Game and Premo should be in base kit
Relevance?
@Brady
"SWF has access to this buff without it even existing - they can use comms to distinguish how many totems are left."
I'm not asking this to be apart of base kit, I'm asking for it to be apart of a perk.> @Tsulan said:
Did you read? It's a perk. Something that's supposed to offer you an advantage.
Let me explain the buff a little more..
it places a number in the bottom corner like Devour Hope when you get tokens, only starting a 5, and decreasing to 0 by 1 when a totem is destroyed
I think this buff is a good idea because I would be able to keep track how many totems my teammates have destroyed in solo especially when survivors want to stop NOED.
I mean, have you tried counting the totems? You can also count destroyed totems. Why do you need a perk for that?!
On the one hand, as a solo survivor, I'd like to know how many totems are left on the map. SWF groups get this info for free; if I want to use a perk slot to get the info as a solo, that seems reasonable. I've been using Small Game to help with totems, but not knowing how many totems are left leaves me wondering if my efforts to thwart NOED are wasted.
On the other hand, as a killer, I don't want to make it easier for survivors to stop NOED if I'm running it. But again, SWF already have this info, and are that many survivors even running Small Game? One of the reasons NOED exists is to punish survivors for gen rushing and not cleansing totems, and running this perk would mean there's at least one survivor cleansing totems instead of working on a gen, possibly prolonging the game and giving the killer more time. Having more time to hunt before the gates are powered is arguably better than having a perk that insta-downs after the gates are powered.
So the question is: how would this buff to Small Game affect things? Would it encourage solo survivors to spend more time cleansing totems, or would it shorten the time spent cleansing totems because solo survivors would know exactly when they can stop searching?
If the buff prolongs the game by encouraging totem cleansing, then it's a plus. If it doesn't prolong the game and only screws the killer out of NOED, then it's a detriment.
As much as I'd like to see the number of totems left as a solo survivor, I get the feeling this buff would do more to hurt killers in the end. Especially since there are only five totems and totem locations are pretty easy for survivors to locate.
This helps me avoid NOED and get a general idea of the totems exact locations.
So you are gonna tell us that solos should waste all the time looking for all totems and destroyed ones (which are mich harder to spot)? Your probably playing at rank 20 then, cuz at rank 1 there is absolutely no time that every single solo survivors goes hunting totems. Especially not against high tier killers like billy and nurse
I mean, all it offers, is a number on the perk.Like Devour Hope, but decreases from 5 to 0 by 1 everytime a totem is destroyed. If you think that's taking away ANY skill, I can't trust your opinion.
Oh and I reached rank 1 survivor on my first try as a perkless Nea while playing solo.
Rank 1 isn't really that hard. It only is hard for boosted people which don't belong there.
This game is incredibly time critical for killers. Not for survivors. Giving a counter would remove even more pressure from survivors and give it to killers.
How would it save time? Some games people don't even touch totems...
Don't you see the issue?
I mean let's be honest SWF gets 7 free perks and can negate several killer perks and add ons.
How does a number that indicates how many totems are left allow survivors to find hex totems faster?
Does anybody understand this buff because it all seems like you think this would have an impact on finding totems. Not. The. Case. SMALL GAME ALREADY DOES THAT