Spirit power recovery rework suggestion
I think this small little rework to Spirit’s power recovery would give her more viable map pressure while also making short bursts (the more boring play style) more punishing. Also, this could help put recovery recovery add ons on par with duration add ons so duration doesn’t also affect recovery. Here’s what I think should happen:
- Power recovery always takes 8 seconds by default no matter how long Spirit has used her power.
- Origami Crane should cut 0.5 seconds off recovery, Rin’s Broken Watch should cut 1 second, and Rusty Flute should cut 2 seconds. I will also suggest to make it where recovery add ons don’t stack as I feel Rin’s Broken Watch + Rusty Flute making it only 5 seconds of recovery would be too strong.
What do you all think of this?
Comments
So... halve her current max recharge rate while punishing short burst?
I feel like 8 seconds is a little generous considering, you know, Spirit is still one of the best killers in the game, but something like 10 seconds I'd be more fine with. Though obviously numbers would have to be playtested and then tested on the PTB to get a feel of what feels good or not, and I could be chatting complete bollocks here and 8 seconds is actually the sweet spot.
Like the concept though, that's for sure.
I wouldn't punish short burst playstyles until IW gets nerfed.
IMO Just swap the groaning volume from NM and IW.
It might need some playtesting first though, I like it, though.
I mean it takes Nurse 3 or 4 seconds to completely recharge 2 blinks if I’m not mistaken, and she’s definitely stronger.
IW needs a nerf anyway. Maybe one day they’ll do it.
Hopefully so.. Hate that perk, especially on Eyrie.
I mean it takes Nurse 3 or 4 seconds to completely recharge 2 blinks if I’m not mistaken, and she’s definitely stronger.
You say this like I think Nurse is the epitome of balance..?
You say this like I think Nurse is the epitome of balance..?
You never know with these forums..
then again your one of the (only) good ones.
Fair. Silly me.
I think that punishes short bursts too much, but is too forgiving for longer phases.
I'd honestly rather they just remove the recovery modifier from the duration addons and then buff the duration addons to make up for it, or rework the recovery addons into something else so that it doesn't matter anymore.
15 seconds is a bit too punishing for long phases though, and I don’t think it being 8 seconds will make it too less punishing.
*grabs popcorn then utters "Git Gud" jk i like playing against Spirit, keep it up maybe one day she'll return back to being borderline OP.
Punishing the burst playstyle will cause less variety in playstyle, therefore making her more boring, not less.
May i ask how this change would affect short bursting negatively?
It will give more recovery than it would now if you used her power for a second doing a short burst.
Honestly yea I've always found that even though longer phases require more skill to pull off they are more punishing (for some reason).
Build in a charge add on while ur at it cos I can't use her without at least one.