idea-new perk anti-camping in begin trial
At the start of the Trial, the perk will be active for 50/60/70 seconds, during this time, if a survivor is placed in the "dying state", the entity will capirate them before the killer, and place them inside a cage somewhere on the map (something similar to pyramid head cage).
-If the killer approaches the cage it will go to another place,
-cages of this type in the first stage allow the surv to escape with a 4% chance, just like hooks, they score the assassin as if they hooked or sacrificed the survs
-being saved in this cage activate perks you are using as normal hooks,survivors saved in this cage do not alert the killer
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
-The idea of this perk is more for beginner players who end up getting caught by assassins at the beginning of the game, and can't play anymore because they end up being camped and tunneled, but at the same time I wanted to do something that wouldn't harm the killer for having had the merit of having knocked someone down at the beginning of the match.
-I don't think this perk is used by high level players because they would prefer to make flashlight saves, or even sabotage hooks, besides they take a long time to fall into a chase, and until they drop the perk time is over, for beginners it would be great because they fall faster and could use the perk to avoid being blocked from playing,and for the killer this perk wouldn't be a very serious problem, since it would save him time to hook and he would still get a hook, he just wouldn't be notified when the surv was saved, it would be a perk for those who don't want to be pressured at the beginning from the start
-I saw a similar idea in Identity V, only when the planter is knocked down it looked like it was coming out of a coffin away from the killer, I don't know how this skill works because I played this game a little, but I found this idea interesting, and I wanted to do something similar but with some DBD changes
Comments
Ah yes, immediately punish any downs in the first 70 seconds by making the killer unable to do anything with placement of the survivor they just downed. No.
It would be a brokenly unbalanced perk.
I appreciate the intention. But this would be game breaking.
And beside that, the habit to band-aid design flaws through perk should be left for good.
Not a great perk idea, but good intentions. I think fixing camping/ tunnelling by changing game design is bad idea. New perks to tackle this issue is a far better solution.
but he'll get a hook, it won't be bad for him
I disagree, you're thinking in a hasty way, it would be interesting to have a ptb testing this perk, I studied it a lot and saw that it doesn't break anything like you say
Lmao. "Broken" 🤣🤣🤣
Lmao "lmao" 🤣🤣🤣
The idea is not to do something grand, but to do something that encourages newbies to enjoy playing, if they got stuck on a hook at the beginning of the match 3 times in a row it stops playing, there are many perks in the game that I'm sure if I had given their idea a lot of people would disagree, so it would be nice to have a test by the devs
Lmao kid 🤣🤣🤣
hehehe, true, as if the DBD had nothing broken, right? I agree with you
I'm sure in low MMR it might be "broken" as they say because newbies are altruistic (they will try to save because they have no experience) and with your idea perk killers can't abuse it anymore.
but the perk is for time, if the time runs out they lose the perk, it's like the "corrupt intervention", it only works at the beginning of the game, and even if the killer knocks the surv down he will get a hook from that surv, say that the perk is broken is something for those who never developed a game (yes I developed indies games and studied the idea) and I say that this perk is far from being meta like dead hard or decisive strike
"Oh neat, a down! I'll just go place the guy on my scourge hook and get my earned gen regress- Oh of course, we'll there goes my scourge hook ahaha... Should have know better than to queue up for killer in the first place I guess."
a surv could break the hook or give flashlight save, smart of you, huh
Maybe to you, I have more than two braincells to rub together so I'm able to check if there's anybody around before I pick them up.
Basically a perk that skip hooking? that's cool.
The perk is not op first and foremost, I disagree with that statement. However, it would just be annoying, and here is why:
First of all any scourge hooks you had would become useless for the first minute, so any builds relying on them would be worse for no reason.
Secondly, it might lead to the surv appearing near a team mate, which would lead to an insta save and would hurt your pressure, especially on slower killers or on bigger maps (these killers have it hard enough as is). In fact this would make killers like blight and nurse even stronger since they are the best candidates to get across maps to the save.
Thirdly, camping and tunnelling is more effective towards the midgame where you hopefully have enough pressure to where this strategy is viable. Killers who know what they are doing are going to simply ignore the main intent of this perk. In these cases (and in most anyway) you would probably just want to run DS and BT to deal with tunnelling/camping.
I like the intent behind it, but I feel like the design would not be fun and it does not really tackle the problem you have designed it for.