Is camping and tunneling now staple in killer matches?

Literally every match I’ve played today the killers has just babysat the first person they’ve hooked and go after them when they get unhooked, despite having borrowed time. And for the cherry on top they shake their heads, hit on hook, and BM everyone. But then you 4 escape them and then they have nothing to say in end game chat. And that’s not even showing the builds they run, you can guess a few already… DMS, NOED, RUIN, UNDYING, and SCOURGE. People claim all survivors play the same way but at this point it goes both ways, maybe even more so on the killers end. It’s sad.

Comments

  • If it helps, I did immediately buy all her music and love it still. Grew up in a metal household, we didn't really have pop music around. Didn't even hear most pop until I was in middle school.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2878339#Comment_2878339

    If it helps, I did immediately buy all her music and love it still. Grew up in a metal household, we didn't really have pop music around. Didn't even hear most pop until I was in middle school.

    I'm into a lot of metal, but will always have a soft spot for the 80's :)

    If you haven't seen it, I'd REAAALLLLLLYYYY recommend Streets of Fire (you may even see some things that inspired Capcom's classic - Final Fight)

    https://youtu.be/lEOvn2IaLMM


  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2878345#Comment_2878345

    I'm into a lot of metal, but will always have a soft spot for the 80's :)

    If you haven't seen, it, I'd REAAALLLLLLYYYY recommend Streets of Fire (you may even see some things that inspired Capcom's classic - Final Fight)

    https://youtu.be/lEOvn2IaLMM

    I'll give It a watch, in a hotel all next week while I set up a data center in VA, so I got plenty of time. Thanks for the recommendation.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2878353#Comment_2878353

    I'll give It a watch, in a hotel all next week while I set up a data center in VA, so I got plenty of time. Thanks for the recommendation.

    NP - I stream a lot of obscure stuff for people in my main Discord, so I'm always happy to provide recommendations!

  • Yes. Devs dont have fix it, also survivor can abuse multiple stuff, so why killer cantante abuse that instead of 0 kills?

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2877339#Comment_2877339

    Oh whatever, killer-players once again screw survivors over. Congratulate yourselves on destroying the only meta perk survivors have gotten in the last 4 years. Glad the developers cater to you all like lapdogs.

    All those perks you mentioned are crap and you know it.

    I actually want to know how merciless storm is any good, anyone whos not a bot will practically ignore it.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2874290#Comment_2874290

    Yea, I agree, but they have to do something to incentivize killers to go for chases rather than camp and tunnel that doesn't feel like it'll lose them the game. I stopped playing killer because it wasn't fun for me to tunnel people (or get bullied by a toxic group), and it just felt like I had to in a lot of the matches. Now survivors just getting stale with the rampant tunneling or proxy camping ( I don't see many face campers unless I make the killer whiff a lot, that seems to piss them off) and I am actually considering taking a long break from the game. It's not like I'll miss much, the last several chapters just felt like the same ole same old.

    I thought of an anti camping perk for beginners, I believe this is one of the best ideas to avoid camping without harming the killer too much


    At the start of the Trial, the perk will be active for 50/60/70 seconds, during this time, if a survivor is placed in the "dying state", the entity will capirate them before the killer, and place them inside a cage somewhere on the map (something similar to pyramid head cage).

    -If the killer approaches the cage it will go to another place,

    -cages of this type in the first stage allow the surv to escape with a 4% chance, just like hooks, they score the assassin as if they hooked or sacrificed the survs

    -being saved in this cage activate perks you are using as normal hooks,survivors saved in this cage do not alert the killer

    -The idea of ​​this perk is more for beginner players who end up getting caught by assassins at the beginning of the game, and can't play anymore because they end up being camped and tunneled, but at the same time I wanted to do something that wouldn't harm the killer for having had the merit of having knocked someone down at the beginning of the match.

    -I don't think this perk is used by high level players because they would prefer to make flashlight saves, or even sabotage hooks, besides they take a long time to fall into a chase, and until they drop the perk time is over, for beginners it would be great because they fall faster and could use the perk to avoid being blocked from playing

    -I saw a similar idea in Identity V, only when the planter is knocked down it looked like it was coming out of a coffin away from the killer, I don't know how this skill works because I played this game a little, but I found this idea interesting, and I wanted to do something similar but with some DBD changes

1 2 3 4 ›