HOW DOES MAP SELECTION WORK?

Have bhvr ever shared how map selection works on public matches? Is it a fixed % for every map or how does it work? Because it seems I always get the same few 3-4 variations during a session, I've been getting dead dawgs saloon quite often during my sessions.

Comments

  • Its just rng gods doing their work or map offerings

  • I get the swamp maps to much and I hate them no matter if I'm playing killer or survivor.

  • UNLESS MAP RATES ARE BOOSTED EACH REALM (IE. CROTUS PRENN, COLDWIND FARM, SILENT HILL, ETC) ALL HAVE AN EQUAL CHANCE OF BEING SELECTED AND THEN A MAP IS PICKED FROM THAT REALM

    WHY ARE WE SHOUTING

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    UNLESS MAP RATES ARE BOOSTED EACH REALM (IE. CROTUS PRENN, COLDWIND FARM, SILENT HILL, ETC) ALL HAVE AN EQUAL CHANCE OF BEING SELECTED AND THEN A MAP IS PICKED FROM THAT REALM

    WHY ARE WE SHOUTING

    By boosted you mean map offerings?

  • map offerings, or bhvr increasing the chance of certain realms appearing. this only happens for special occasions (ie. after a map has been reworked, or just before hawkins left, etc)

  • I wouldn't mind lowering the chances of licensed maps.

  • If you didn't bring a map offering its All rng babayy

  • Its random but each map has its own weight to be selected that way they can change the odds a bit in their favor when they want to gather more information or for events.

  • @Majin151 said:

    If you didn't bring a map offering its All rng babayy

    I have some scuffed rng for sure KEKW

  • @Okonar_ said:

    Have bhvr ever shared how map selection works on public matches? Is it a fixed % for every map or how does it work? Because it seems I always get the same few 3-4 variations during a session, I've been getting dead dawgs saloon quite often during my sessions.

    Yes, but it was a long time ago and could have changed since. The game selects a realm first, then a map within that realm. So you will see Dead Dawg more often than say, Thompson House, because there is only 1 map in the Glenvale realm and there are 5 maps in the Coldwind realm, but you will see Glenvale just as often as Coldwind. Some dev said it at some point on some stream (great source, I know), but just think about it: how else could the realm (a.k.a. map) offerings work if they didn't select realm first, map in realm second?

  • it taps into your brain and finds out what you specifically dislike the most, and then sends you there for the whole session

  • @Okonar_ said:

    Have bhvr ever shared how map selection works on public matches? Is it a fixed % for every map or how does it work? Because it seems I always get the same few 3-4 variations during a session, I've been getting dead dawgs saloon quite often during my sessions.

    I have to look up the source but I believe it was revealed at some point that not every map is in play at all times but more like a pool of realms that rotates. This is why in a single session you may see the same map multiple times.

  • Beats the actual ######### out of me, I've been more on swamps, Silent Hill and The Game recently with friends I've lost count of which maps I didn't see

  • @Okonar_ said:

    Have bhvr ever shared how map selection works on public matches? Is it a fixed % for every map or how does it work? Because it seems I always get the same few 3-4 variations during a session, I've been getting dead dawgs saloon quite often during my sessions.

    Yes, any map with corn has an immediate 90% chance of being the one you'll play on unless there's an offering.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    BHVR has a algorithm that spies on your microphone, when you get a map and you complain about it the algorithm registers it and your odds of getting that map increases moderately.

    -loudly and purposely complains about Hawkins-

    :'(

  • Sometimes I have a feeling that separate MMR is calculated for maps as well, but I can't imagine BHVR doing something that advanced.

  • I'm just tired of getting autohaven all the time, I hate going there 😭😭