What do you guys think about this perk idea?
I don't have a name for it, but a lot of people / killers hate decisive strike - correct? So instead of trying to change D strike... why not add a killer counter perk? Here's my idea:
Once per game, on a survivors first hook - a killer can roughly pull down on a survivor that is hooked, causing it to severely damage them, making the survivor instantly progress to stage 2 of their hook.
What do you guys think?
Comments
While I could see the potential and allure of such a thing, I have to agree with Doc Holliday.
Even if it's just a once-per-game mechanic, there are other ways of dealing with decisive strike that don't involve punishing the Survivors for carrying it (for example, the Obsession system). Other options that Killers can use to mitigate the negative effects of D-Strike, namely Enduring to reduce the amount of time stunned.
Other things to help punish Decisive Strike would be to run things like Moris or Huntress' Lullaby, that could make skill checks harder to make/detect (I may need someone to source me though; not sure if Lullaby affects D-Strike or not)
Hope this helps out!
Yeah I agree with the input somewhat. The only problem I have is if you find your obsession early game - against a good SWF groups.. by the time you catch first person maybe 2 gens are done - then you get D struck and have to chase them around even longer so by the time you get your first hook (unless you can juggle) it's already wasted so much time. I don't like the idea of having to ignore someone just because they have D strike - then if 2 people run d strike and can pull it off you're basically good as F'd
I think an ultra rare offering would work better than a perk.
Pretty weak perk.
No where near the power of DS.
One time use, just like D strike
nope
Could make it something of a wash, then... Takes 5 seconds to complete, so that way no time is really gained or lost from the gameplay itself, but the killer can gain an extra hook in the process.
I second this opinion!