Is Nemesis stealth nerf on purpose or just a bug?

I hope its just a bug and not a stealth nerf,if its on purpose,talk about being transparent with changes with your community.

After the latest bugfix,your camera is now locked when you use your tentacle with Nemesis,meaning you cant do flicks anymore with him.

If this is not a bug and just an unnanounced change then BHVR makes sure to gut any shred of fun left on the killer side and make the game as boring and dull as possible restricting killers more and more and deny any kind of fun skilled plays.

Can someone at BHVR clear it up if this a bug or a stealth nerf?

Comments

  • When is the last time they actually shadownerfed?? Like remember everyone crying they shadownerfed Badham but what a surprise it's a bug !!

    Report any bugs you find here.

    Report it there, wait for official confirmation ^

    Also know that it likely won't be fixed before the Midchapter patch due to update schedules.

  • I'm not sure I understand correctly.

    Once you press m1 to start whipping his camera locks in place and that's always been a thing. What one could do was to strafe left or right to use the lingering hitbox.

    Do you mean that after yesterday's update his camera is locked while you're simply holding his tentacle out?

  • @Bwsted said:

    I'm not sure I understand correctly.

    Once you press m1 to start whipping his camera locks in place and that's always been a thing. What one could do was to strafe left or right to use the lingering hitbox.

    Do you mean that after yesterday's update his camera is locked while you're simply holding his tentacle out?

    Its during the whip animation.

  • @Bwsted said:

    I'm not sure I understand correctly.

    Once you press m1 to start whipping his camera locks in place and that's always been a thing. What one could do was to strafe left or right to use the lingering hitbox.

    Do you mean that after yesterday's update his camera is locked while you're simply holding his tentacle out?

    You can still move your tentacle after use it. This is known Nemesis tactic because survivors are trying to dodge it. So you still can hit them with tentacle. I did not play game after bug-fix, so i don't know they changed it or not but i hope it is same.

  • if they patched out dragging that'll probably convince me to stop playing him tbh.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    When is the last time they actually shadownerfed?? Like remember everyone crying they shadownerfed Badham but what a surprise it's a bug !!

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs

    Report it there, wait for official confirmation ^

    Also know that it likely won't be fixed before the Midchapter patch due to update schedules.

    The last actual shadownerf to a killer I can think of (As in it wasn't documented anywhere and wasn't given an explanation) is Wraith's 'shadow-dance' family of addons had the locker opening speed increase removed from it

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2864837#Comment_2864837

    The last actual shadownerf to a killer I can think of (As in it wasn't documented anywhere and wasn't given an explanation) is Wraith's 'shadow-dance' family of addons had the locker opening speed increase removed from it

    what? when was that removed!?

  • Some time between the Resident Evil & Hellraiser chapters roughly

    I checked all the patch notes, it wasn't mentioned anywhere

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2865410#Comment_2865410

    Some time between the Resident Evil & Hellraiser chapters roughly

    I checked all the patch notes, it wasn't mentioned anywhere

    ah, ok. i stopped playing Wraith around that time.

  • you can still drag it by moving your body during the whip, camera lock still should be reverted tho

  • IF this is an intended change, ever though of flicks not being intended game mechanics in first place? And: i dont understand why people just cant form an bug report and always try to go to General Discussions.

  • @Tiufal said:

    IF this is an intended change, ever though of flicks not being intended game mechanics in first place? And: i dont understand why people just cant form an bug report and always try to go to General Discussions.

    If they we're not intended then they wouldn't have waited so long and would announce it.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2864837#Comment_2864837

    The last actual shadownerf to a killer I can think of (As in it wasn't documented anywhere and wasn't given an explanation) is Wraith's 'shadow-dance' family of addons had the locker opening speed increase removed from it

    Aka probably the most unnecessary and miniscule addon nerf I've ever seen lol. "Oh wraith mains have a meme build that allows them to open lockers like instantly...lets nerf it" the only times it was maybe helpful was against flashlight saves at lockers. It was like extra fluff to the main point of the addon (breaking pallets and vaulting)

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2864837#Comment_2864837

    The last actual shadownerf to a killer I can think of (As in it wasn't documented anywhere and wasn't given an explanation) is Wraith's 'shadow-dance' family of addons had the locker opening speed increase removed from it

    I actually think that's a bug because it was only removed on one of them. I forgot which is which but I played him yesterday with both the purple and the green addons and the locker opening speed was faster. But I remember playing with only one before and it wasn't, just forgot which one. Next time I play him I'll test it out.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    When is the last time they actually shadownerfed?? Like remember everyone crying they shadownerfed Badham but what a surprise it's a bug !!

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs

    Report it there, wait for official confirmation ^

    Also know that it likely won't be fixed before the Midchapter patch due to update schedules.

    Trickster mid chapter when they changed Charlotte to become intangible after a bit so she couldn't block doorways anymore. It was absolutely not in the notes back then (No clue if they went back and added it) and people on the steam forums had to figure out for themselves it was intended and just not put in the notes.

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2864837#Comment_2864837

    Trickster mid chapter when they changed Charlotte to become intangible after a bit so she couldn't block doorways anymore. It was absolutely not in the notes back then (No clue if they went back and added it) and people on the steam forums had to figure out for themselves it was intended and just not put in the notes.

    Fearmonger/Mindbreaker working no matter what % the gen is was also not written down.

    It used to only apply it´s effect below 50% gen prog.

    No clue why that wasn´t in the patch notes.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2864837#Comment_2864837

    The last actual shadownerf to a killer I can think of (As in it wasn't documented anywhere and wasn't given an explanation) is Wraith's 'shadow-dance' family of addons had the locker opening speed increase removed from it

    But it was so funny to watch Wraith grab someone with iron maiden and double shadow dance add ons at Mach 7, lol