This community is so Narcissistic

The amount of people who has such a big ego and princess syndrome that they need to nerf anything that they don’t like is unbelievable omg.

”Omg nerf any killer that has anti-loop it’s not fun for me!”

”omg stop tunneling/camping it’s not fun”

”stop gen rushing it’s not fun!”

im sorry, but if you honestly think the only thing thats considered fun is if you say it’s fun or not is pretty narcissistic to me. Maybe take a break from video games entirely if you complain when it’s not fun to you.

there’s other people after all

Comments

  • It's not really narcissism, bit harsh to call it that

    It's narrow mindedness sometimes. People base their opinions on their experience with the game and such.

    Maybe a bit of selfishness for some as well, they hate blight so nerf blight.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    It's not really narcissism, bit harsh to call it that

    It's narrow mindedness sometimes. People base their opinions on their experience with the game and such.

    Maybe a bit of selfishness for some as well, they hate blight so nerf blight.

    Narrow minded is putting it lightly. There’s a difference, if I was narrow minded, I wouldn’t argue with you because I wouldn’t care. But if I was narcissistic I would argue with you which is what some people do here

  • Still the only game I have played where I need to justify playing to win to people regularly

    Nobody comes leaving -rep on my profile because I shot them in call of duty, that is certain

  • @dollidahlia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2859771#Comment_2859771

    Narrow minded is putting it lightly. There’s a difference, if I was narrow minded, I wouldn’t argue with you because I wouldn’t care. But if I was narcissistic I would argue with you which is what some people do here

    Well the definition of narrow minded, it being the opposite of open minded is basically refusing to accept ideas, opinions, behaviours etc that are different to your own

    I find that makes more sense in this context but again, that's just my opinion on the subject

  • @dollidahlia said:

    The amount of people who has such a big ego and princess syndrome that they need to nerf anything that they don’t like is unbelievable omg.

    ”Omg nerf any killer that has anti-loop it’s not fun for me!”

    ”omg stop tunneling/camping it’s not fun”

    ”stop gen rushing it’s not fun!”

    im sorry, but if you honestly think the only thing thats considered fun is if you say it’s fun or not is pretty narcissistic to me. Maybe take a break from video games entirely if you complain when it’s not fun to you.

    there’s other people after all

    narcissism is preeeeeeetty close. the only major stipulation here is a sense of entitlement. sure, a few users here and there seem pretty entitled in that they basically demand the devs listen to them and their struggles only, but more or less, this community is just childish. They whine when something doesnt go their way, tantrums when they get teased, insult when they get bested and have to find a reason to blame others for EVERY bad thing that happens

    I'm not disagreeing or agreeing with the narcissistic statement, being that its mostly true for a great part of this community. However, the prevalence of toxicity here overshadows the comradery and general politeness that others have. No ones on here posting good news or happy things because negativity is the only way to get a reaction. such is life i guess

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2859773#Comment_2859773

    Well the definition of narrow minded, it being the opposite of open minded is basically refusing to accept ideas, opinions, behaviours etc that are different to your own

    I find that makes more sense in this context but again, that's just my opinion on the subject

    Then if they were just narrow minded then you would need to explain why you need to justify what you do to them, why they attack you and call you slurs.

  • image.png image.png

    body is 1 character too short

  • egocentric

    adjective

    adjective: egocentric; adjective: ego-centric

    thinking only of oneself, without regard for the feelings or desires of others; self-centred.

    "egocentric loners with an overinflated sense of self-worth"

  • @dollidahlia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2859777#Comment_2859777

    Then if they were just narrow minded then you would need to explain why you need to justify what you do to them, why they attack you and call you slurs.

    In your original post you didn't mention ppl attacking others and using slurs, simply quotes that represent how a lot of ppl talk about this game

    People who take it that extra step further and use slurs/personal attacks and the like when it comes to discussing opinions on a video game are a lot more than narrow-minded. There's a certain word that I can't type here but let's just say it rhymes with glass bowl

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2859792#Comment_2859792

    That's a pretty narrow definition of Narcissism. It goes beyond just admiring yourself too mcuh.

    I believe its etymology lies in the legend of Narcissus. A guy (could be a god, dunno) who fell in love with himself. I really don't think that's the word you're looking for here.

  • I’m not a narcissist I’m just annoyed that the whole world is out to get me specifically despite how insanely humble I am

  • I had a guy actually get mad that his teammate didn't get hooked. Said they were useless and didn't contribute. Like bro, the only reason they didn't get hooked is because they couldn't get hit. Learn how to run from the Killer and maybe this wouldn't be a problem for you.

  • @dollidahlia said:

    The amount of people who has such a big ego and princess syndrome that they need to nerf anything that they don’t like is unbelievable omg.

    ”Omg nerf any killer that has anti-loop it’s not fun for me!”

    ”omg stop tunneling/camping it’s not fun”

    ”stop gen rushing it’s not fun!”

    im sorry, but if you honestly think the only thing thats considered fun is if you say it’s fun or not is pretty narcissistic to me. Maybe take a break from video games entirely if you complain when it’s not fun to you.

    there’s other people after all

    There is zero reason for calling these people out. Unfortunately, online multiplayer games such as DbD, Overwatch, LoL etc all have this huge toxicity problem. It's part of the culture of online gaming sadly. Complaining about the devs, complaining about the content, about in-game mechanics, nerf this, buff that. It's just constant.

    I get what you're saying entirely, and I don't disagree with your point, I'm just saying this is something we're gonna have to learn to respect until someone comes up with some sort of movement that begins pushing this toxicity out and bringing light in. Though, I doubt that'll be for a while.

  • @Tr1nity said:

    I’m not a narcissist I’m just annoyed that the whole world is out to get me specifically despite how insanely humble I am

    That actually made me laugh pretty hard.

  • I despise the DBD but i disagree that its narcissistic. the community is arrogant, toxic, childish and shortsighted but not narcissistic.

  • Opinions can't be narcissistic.

  • @dollidahlia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2859771#Comment_2859771

    Narrow minded is putting it lightly. There’s a difference, if I was narrow minded, I wouldn’t argue with you because I wouldn’t care. But if I was narcissistic I would argue with you which is what some people do here

    Maybe "self-centered" would be more accurate?

  • @dollidahlia said:

    The amount of people who has such a big ego and princess syndrome that they need to nerf anything that they don’t like is unbelievable omg.

    ”Omg nerf any killer that has anti-loop it’s not fun for me!”

    ”omg stop tunneling/camping it’s not fun”

    ”stop gen rushing it’s not fun!”

    im sorry, but if you honestly think the only thing thats considered fun is if you say it’s fun or not is pretty narcissistic to me. Maybe take a break from video games entirely if you complain when it’s not fun to you.

    there’s other people after all

    It could be that people are seeing a game-play problem with the game and is trying to bring it to the attention of the developers.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/315084/this-community-is-so-narcissistic

    It could be that people are seeing a game-play problem with the game and is trying to bring it to the attention of the developers.

    I’m talking specifically about people who say something needs to be nerfed because it’s not fun to them. Actual balancing complaints is completely fine since it’s not because of the fun factor it’s because of the balance factor

  • This is why you should always read the nature of the post.

    There is a big difference between “All I see is Dead Hard please nerf” (My mind immediately checks out and goes into you just don’t like it) VS “Dead Hard is a strong perk, but it could use this adjustment and here is why..” (makes me more inclined to reading it.

    I do agree that to some degree even the “legit” posts will likely become entitled sounding and I think that is partly because this community is very opinionated and so even those who agree on basis of “I don’t like it” will make that voice louder. Louder doesn’t mean Properly discussed. It’s why devs more than likely don’t even take some of the posts or posters on here serious.

  • @dollidahlia said:

    The amount of people who has such a big ego and princess syndrome that they need to nerf anything that they don’t like is unbelievable omg.

    ”Omg nerf any killer that has anti-loop it’s not fun for me!”

    ”omg stop tunneling/camping it’s not fun”

    ”stop gen rushing it’s not fun!”

    im sorry, but if you honestly think the only thing thats considered fun is if you say it’s fun or not is pretty narcissistic to me. Maybe take a break from video games entirely if you complain when it’s not fun to you.

    there’s other people after all

    The only narcissistic ones are here in the forums, have a couple of thousand comments and think they're only opinion is valid and that if you say something different you're stupid...

    The rest are just entitled... trying to get something changed in the game simply because they can't handle it... you have two ways of coping... deal with it or move on... to the next match or the next game haha