A Freddy Buff Idea

Many people, including me, want the old Freddy back. However, BHVR doesn't really seem intent on bringing him back to us. So I'm suggesting changes to his power that would mix some of the Old Freddy in with what we have now.

-The Nightmare can now pull survivors into the Dream World manually as long as he is within 8 meters of them. After a survivor is pulled into the dream world, they will take 7 seconds to actually fall asleep. Pulling a survivor into the dream world manually so will prevent the survivor from waking up by any means for 30 seconds after falling asleep. During this time, the survivor's action speeds are reduced by 15 percent.

-The Nightmare begins the trail with 6 tokens. These tokens can be used to place Dream Snares or Dream Pallets.

- Asleep survivors that have been pulled into the Dream World manually have their auras revealed to The Nightmare when they are more than 40 meters away from him.

-The Nightmare only gains access to the "Dream Projection" ability when four survivors are asleep. After use, it may not be used again until the next time that four survivors are all asleep.

-The Nightmare can no longer cause survivors to fall asleep by hitting them with a basic attack.

-The time for survivors to passively fall asleep has been extended by 20 seconds.

I wanted to give back the ability to pull survivors into the Dream World and give them slowdown penalties, while still enabling Freddy to damage awake survivors. Survivors will still passively fall asleep, but they'll only be affected by the obliviousness and by snares and pallets. Speaking of which, I also incorporated both snares and pallets into his basekit.

I'm a little worried that the aura reading might be a little too powerful, but I also wanted to provide a distinct advantage for pulling survivors into the dream world manually.

Comments

  • Or just reverse recent Freddy nerfs.

  • So you combine some stuffs Old Freddy and New Freddy. I would take teleport and dream pallets from new Freddy and add to old one. Old Freddy was one of the best DbD designs.

    @GeneralV would agree maybe.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    Or just reverse recent Freddy nerfs.

    Even then, I've never found post-rework Freddy enjoyable. Instead of trying to make Freddy S-tier, I want to focus on restoring what made Old Freddy unique.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    So you combine some stuffs Old Freddy and New Freddy. I would take teleport and dream pallets from new Freddy and add to old one. Old Freddy was one of the best DbD designs.

    @GeneralV would agree maybe.

    Old Freddy was a national treasure

  • I had another idea for Freddy this was before his rework but I thought it was a great idea. @GeneralV

    My idea for old Freddy was he casts out a portal like Pinhead and when he lets go you teleport to that exact location. And when you press the action button Freddy materializes out of thin air and teleports to that location you casted.

    I wanted to this cause that’s how Freddy is In the movie. I thought it would be a good idea

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    I had another idea for Freddy this was before his rework but I thought it was a great idea. @GeneralV

    My idea for old Freddy was he casts out a portal like Pinhead and when he lets go you teleport to that exact location. And when you press the action button Freddy materializes out of thin air and teleports to that location you casted.

    I wanted to this cause that’s how Freddy is In the movie. I thought it would be a good idea

    That sounds a lot like Nurse

  • At least he was unique and didn't have a generic antiloop power. I agree that he was extremely weak, but I feel like his power was very unique, which is worth a lot.

  • It’s kind of but not really. Think of pinhead casting his portal you press the button to let go Freddy closes his fist and he appears at the area you marked with your casting range

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2859597#Comment_2859597

    Even then, I've never found post-rework Freddy enjoyable. Instead of trying to make Freddy S-tier, I want to focus on restoring what made Old Freddy unique.

    Freddy has never been S tier. Reverting his nerfs would not "return him" to being S tier. It would simply make him playable.

  • The simplest way to buff him is to revert those unjust nerfs he got. We want the Freddy back that people hilariously misconstrued as being S tier, yet was an overblown B tier. People want killers to compromise in balancing? There's one right there.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2859604#Comment_2859604

    Freddy has never been S tier. Reverting his nerfs would not "return him" to being S tier. It would simply make him playable.

    I never said that he was S tier without those nerfs. All I said was my goal wasn't to make Freddy a super strong killer.

  • @DoritoHead said:

    Many people, including me, want the old Freddy back. However, BHVR doesn't really seem intent on bringing him back to us. So I'm suggesting changes to his power that would mix some of the Old Freddy in with what we have now.

    -The Nightmare can now pull survivors into the Dream World manually as long as he is within 8 meters of them. After a survivor is pulled into the dream world, they will take 7 seconds to actually fall asleep. Pulling a survivor into the dream world manually so will prevent the survivor from waking up by any means for 30 seconds after falling asleep. During this time, the survivor's action speeds are reduced by 15 percent.

    -The Nightmare begins the trail with 6 tokens. These tokens can be used to place Dream Snares or Dream Pallets.

    - Asleep survivors that have been pulled into the Dream World manually have their auras revealed to The Nightmare when they are more than 40 meters away from him.

    -The Nightmare only gains access to the "Dream Projection" ability when four survivors are asleep. After use, it may not be used again until the next time that four survivors are all asleep.

    -The Nightmare can no longer cause survivors to fall asleep by hitting them with a basic attack.

    -The time for survivors to passively fall asleep has been extended by 20 seconds.

    I wanted to give back the ability to pull survivors into the Dream World and give them slowdown penalties, while still enabling Freddy to damage awake survivors. Survivors will still passively fall asleep, but they'll only be affected by the obliviousness and by snares and pallets. Speaking of which, I also incorporated both snares and pallets into his basekit.

    I'm a little worried that the aura reading might be a little too powerful, but I also wanted to provide a distinct advantage for pulling survivors into the dream world manually.

    anything to get old freddy back. i just want his old version bc that was his best design ever. he just needed some buffs and he wouldve been perfect (however A LOT of people didn't know how to play him so at most he was decent or high C)

  • at most he was weak for everyone else. in reality, if you knew how to play him well then he was decent.

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2859801#Comment_2859801

    I never said that he was S tier without those nerfs. All I said was my goal wasn't to make Freddy a super strong killer.

    If you don't make him a strong killer, your idea has failed. No killer is going to be fun to play, and nobody is going to want to play them, if they don't have some strength behind them. That's what Sadako proves.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2859820#Comment_2859820

    If you don't make him a strong killer, your idea has failed. No killer is going to be fun to play, and nobody is going to want to play them, if they don't have some strength behind them. That's what Sadako proves.

    It's not like Freddy would be the weakest killer in the game, especially with the buffs I am suggesting. I understand that people want to win, but that doesn't mean every killer needs to be overpowered.

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2860026#Comment_2860026

    It's not like Freddy would be the weakest killer in the game, especially with the buffs I am suggesting. I understand that people want to win, but that doesn't mean every killer needs to be overpowered.

    But "overpowered" has lost all meaning in this community. Killer who are "OP" actually have gameplay and can do something against the survivors, and survivors don't want that. That's why Wraith, Pinhead, Deathslinger, and even Clown got nerfed, because they were called OP.