SBMM just ruins how people play
Doesnt matter which role SBMM has just encouraged so much unfun gameplay its saddening.
Survivors: dont try save after 5gens, they wont take chases or push unsafe gens. They just play as safe and selfish as possible before leaving you to die.
Killers: mass slug, hard camp or full on tunnel.
All of these are so damn common, and just arent fun to be apart of. No idea why everyone wants to "win" so badly.
Comments
Pretty much
BHVR took a look at their matchmaking and said "Skill in a game like this is nuanced and complicated and requires a lot of work to figure out how to balance. That sounds hard. Let's just make it based on escapes and kills!"
Then for some reason, they're super shocked that their half-assed half-baked system is a colossal flop that the vast majority of the fanbase hates but hey, they worked SUPER hard on it guys so we're not going to do anything to change it.
It's a mystery why this game started bleeding players when SBMM was introduced...
*Insert Principal Skinner Out of Touch meme here*
Kills/Escapes=Skill
But with that your MMR gets even higher and i don´t know if that is really a goal you wanna reach.
Killer I still find it fun to camp and tunnel, otherwise I would not play. Going for 12 hooks is a thankless job, puts yourself at a disadvantage, and you still get salty survivors no matter what. So might as well just full on tunnel people out starting at 5 gens.
Survivor has always been boring M1 simulator. Now it's just spacebar simulator. I would rather get tunneled than do gens, no idea why people complain about it.
3 hooks on 3 separate survivors means nothing. 3 hooks on the same survivor is a kill.
Truth be told with mmr there is absolutely no reason to save people in the endgame only really save if you are doing a challenge
I am not one of the this guys. I am always going to save my teammate if i have chance. If killer is camping with NOED, i can not do anything ofcourse but if i have chance, i will try anyway.
But my team left me die so many times. And killers are hard tunnelling before. They forced me to play tryhard too. But ofcourse it was not fun, this is reason i am playing less now.
Yeah, I started to let everyone live, getting lot more casual games since then.
The way I see killing a survivor is bad karma, because the killer will fall into high mmr hell, full of subtle cheaters and SWF death squads.