Why is pinhead so hated in terms of facing him?

I’ve seen it countless of times, people despise facing him for some reason.


he’s strong sure, and he’s got that disgusting fang add-on (damage with chains). But what really makes him so hated?


is it the box? Is it cuz he has anti chase? Or is it just the add-ons?

Comments

  • Yeah, I honestly really don't get the hate for Pinhead.

    Getting downed from a possessed chain actually feels fair (unlike Trickster, Nemesis, Artist, etc) and the box keeps matches feeling fresh.

    @Sluzzy said:

    Extreme slowdown.

    Killers already have massive slowdown perks, his power is a slowdown, and he has anti-loop on top of all that.

    And somehow Pinheads that I face know where the cube is and it becomes a train wreck, especially solo Q.

    You can't even solve the box when chains are hunting.

    It's actually not that hard to find out where the box is, Sluzzy. Plus, there's actually something you can do to deal with Pinhead finding the box.

    If you crouch as he picks it up, you won't scream or be chained.

  • One reason I dislike facing him is because he is one of the most console unfriendly killers.

    Due to the fact that you can’t really change your key binds on console (you can change a lot of your key binds but all of the actions like healing, vaulting, and throwing a pallet are tied to one button) a lot of times you’ll be trying to remove the chains and you end up slow vaulting a pallet.

    I don’t really have an issue with chain hunts because you can easily deny a chain hunt but in solo queue it’s awful. I don’t really ever play solo queue though :/

  • @ManyAchievables said:

    Yeah, I honestly really don't get the hate for Pinhead.

    Getting downed from a possessed chain actually feels fair (unlike Trickster, Nemesis, Artist, etc) and the box keeps matches feeling fresh.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2854834#Comment_2854834

    It's actually not that hard to find out where the box is, Sluzzy. Plus, there's actually something you can do to deal with Pinhead finding the box.

    If you crouch as he picks it up, you won't scream or be chained.

    That is the big problem, why is it so easy for him to find the box? That should be next to impossible.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2854912#Comment_2854912

    That is the big problem, why is it so easy for him to find the box? That should be next to impossible.

    It should be next to impossible for him to interact with his power?

    I think there wouldn't really be any way for them to adjust that, so really all I have to say is just... get good.

    And even if they could adjust it... why does this very specific thing that Pinhead has to go out of his way for perturb you so much?

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    You either love getting to be like, "Screw off main objective, I'm doing The Box!" or you hate having to get off gens because the killer actually came with a map-wide way to pressure survivors. Me and my friend fight over who gets the box. But when I play Pinhead, a lot of survivors seem loathe to get off gens and instead are getting hit by chains constantly because I guess they all think "Well, someone else will get it." Dude, the chain hunts are screwing you, someone do the box! But their unwillingness to change their playstyle becomes a problem with the killer in their eyes, and they get upset because I swear the only thing many want to do is play gen repair sim and any killer interference is considered an unfortunate and unwanted part of DbD.

    I'm one of those people who love going straight for the box I might die quickly but it's funny to have him teleport to me and giving up a chase so he can get the we came voice clip lol

1 2 ›