Should Shadowborn be basekit (or optional)?

I've been running a lot of Shadowborn lately and it's honestly a great QoL perk, it doesn't provide much "real" value (as in helping to win the game) but it makes matches feel more comfortable to the eye. The default FoV is so restricted that it makes my head hurts sometimes. For example, I can't play Trickster without Shadowborn because with the low fov and the screen shake when you throw blades makes me physically uncomfortable

So, if it doesn't gives much value other than being qol, why have it waste a perk slot at all? and why not make it an option or just straight up basekit?

The 2 arguments I've seen against this are 1) it would nerf corner jukes and 2) it would make it easier for the killer to catch survivors from the corner of your eye. But I personally think these are stupid arguments because corner jukes are almost useless against killers with more than a few matches, and from all the times I've used shadowborn I can't recall a single one where I saw a survivor around the edges of my screen unless im looking for them.

I don't think it's a perk that gives an advantage, its a perk that fixes an issue BHVR made on purpose to have more perks. But at this point on the game's lifespan I think it would be nice to have it added as basekit.

Also, survivor perks keep getting stronger so you can't really afford to waste a perk slot just to have more comfortable games, it's like if they added colorblind options as perks too.

Comments

  • blight is the only killer i ever use it on due to his rushes if it became basekit sure id love it to make better blight builds however on any other killer i dont see its value

  • Yes. Oui. Ja. Sí. Da. Ναι. Да. はい. 예. 是的.

    As an FOV slide. Allow us to choose the FOV we like.

  • Shadow born should be reworked and the devs should just put in an FoV slider.

    A rework idea is to just make it have the wraith's ""All Seeing" spirit" add-ons effect to see generator progression based off of generator aura intensity while outside of chase after X seconds(Stealth auto ends chases so it might as well be just outside of chase).

    Then just rework ""All Seeing" Spirit" to reveal the auras of all survivors while stealth-ed when a generator is completed or after you hook a survivor for 6 seconds.

    It would be a QoL upgrade for the FoV and make Shadow born a proper info perk like the rest of wraith's perks plus make ""All Seeing" spirit" worth being an ultra rare.

  • There should be a fov slider.

    For perspective the average irl human has 135ish degrees of fov

    According to the wiki killers have 87 fov which doesn't seem to be accurate. Realistically it's more like 65. I could be totally wrong, but I feel confident that killer has less fov that last gen warzone players

  • @Pukenplag said:

    Yes. Oui. Ja. Sí. Da. Ναι. Да. はい. 예. 是的.

    As an FOV slide. Allow us to choose the FOV we like.

    That'd work too. But everyone would just use max fov probably lol

  • @beatddb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2852192#Comment_2852192

    That'd work too. But everyone would just use max fov probably lol

    People would use what pleases their eyes more.

  • If they give us a fov slider they might as well make killer 3rd person. No its fine the way it is imo

  • @GuyFawx said:

    If they give us a fov slider they might as well make killer 3rd person. No its fine the way it is imo

    Considering there is group of people who NEED Shadowborn just for the killer be playable for them... No, it is not.

  • @GuyFawx said:

    If they give us a fov slider they might as well make killer 3rd person. No its fine the way it is imo

    I think if the fov was fine the way it is we wouldnt have shadowborn. The fov was made low on purpose probably to have more perk variation back then.

    But now there's no reason for it to be tied to a perk anymore, not with killer only having 4 slots