Force game closure upon kill switching things

Title. Just had some 10-YO console/Epic Games player who never closed his game since the Object kill switch.

Comments

  • If they're playing on Windows, then I hope they enjoy the 15 fps they're gonna get after 12 hours of playing, if they play on Linux though, then that's not good.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I'd say this would be a very rare occurrence. I doubt enough to warrant people fretting over it.

    Regardless of how many players do it, it shouldn't be an option. Perks like OoO are getting kill switched for a very valid reason. So don't give them the option to at all.

  • Why is the killswitch client-side in the first place?

    Asking legitimately as I don't know if there's some kind of technical reason why it would be implemented this way and require a game restart to function.

  • Did they killswitch the Perks?

  • @MrDardon said:

    Did they killswitch the Perks?

    Yes. Object is Killswitched restart your game.

  • Hold on,does not restarting your game really bypass the killswitch ๐Ÿ’€

  • I'm at work currently. But that's some good news.

    It was annoying. Yesterday I played 2 Killer matches until I stopped because in both matches I had people abusing the wall hacks.

  • @JonahsTablet said:

    If they're playing on Windows, then I hope they enjoy the 15 fps they're gonna get after 12 hours of playing, if they play on Linux though, then that's not good.

    Now that you mention it, yeah when i leave the game on for a long time it begins to lag a lot you know why? (im on egs)

  • Does the OoO bug only crash the killer and not everyone?

  • The Killswitch didn't even exist for the majority of this game's life. If a perk was busted or something would cause game crashes you'd have to wait weeks for it to be fixed in a patch. This is already a massive improvement and people give Bhvr zero ######### credit for anything.

  • @Mr_K said:

    Does the OoO bug only crash the killer and not everyone?

    It only crashes other survivors as far as I know, only when object is paired with empathic connection