Did they increased the % chance of unhook ?
Playing killer I saw a lot more survivors unhooking themselves.
Playing survivor and doing challenges, so when it's done or failed I suicide on hook. And I noticed my safe unhook have drastically increased.
Tagged:
BHVR
Comments
Unless they got a perk, it's still 4% for each try so about 11.5% if they try 3 times.
Nothing has changed with the percentages. It could be that people are using luck offerings more etc
I've actually noticed this.
Granted, I only played 3 Killer games to test on Sadako, but in each of them a Survivor successfully unhooked themselves. No Deliverance and no Luck offerings. It was very very odd.
no its 4% but for me its 0% always been that way played since 2017 cant have gotten more than 20 30 unhooks....
People think that 4% is equal to no chance. Actually, one out if ten games would statistically have you kobe if you tried all 3 times every game.
People actually kobe a lot if they try to.
On a total tangent, that really makes me curious, are luck offerings actually any good? It feels like survivors trying to pull themselves off a hook is almost always a really bad idea regardless of the luck offerings, you’re way better off waiting for rescue unless you know for sure nobody will be coming. And Luck as a stat, as far as I know, only affects that one action of pulling yourself off a hook.
It makes me wonder what the relative effectiveness of Luck offerings and abilities are compared to other options. Does a luck offering on average indirectly reward the survivor about the same amount of bonus bloodpoints as a bloodpoint offering for instance? I never get the sense that they do but there’s not stats to go by so it’s all speculation on my part. 🤷♂️
I don't think a luck offering would do much at all for your bloodpoints. Unhooking yourself only gives 500 bps, and the bp offerings actually give extra bps on top of what's earned in-game.
Regarding luck: If you use Slippery Meat and Up the Ante and a luck offering, you have a pretty good chance of pulling yourself off the hook. It works even better if you're playing with others who do the same (luck offerings and Up the Ante stack). Is this really a good way to use your perks? Probably not.
Possibly
I've had quite a few Kobes lately, as survivor doing it myself of course.
Right when I kobe I say
"F*** this I'm outta here!"
Luck offerings do nothing to bloodpoint gains
@DangerScouse please keep your comments on topic, and try not to turn every single thread into a killer vs survivor argument - that does not help with discussion in the slightest!
Just to clarify what I meant, if you escape versus die that’s a 5000 point swing in the endgame score. So if something, for example, gives you a +10% chance to escape then it’s worth about 500 bloodpoints in a sense. So for example, if carrying a key means you get out 10% more often, then keys are worth at least 500 bloodpoints or more to you. (I say “or more” because there are also extra bonus points involved such as escaping as the Obsession or while fully Condemned, etc).