I Just Ran Into A Very Pleasant Survivor...
And it actually made me legit depressed.
Got stomped 3 games in a row (learning Sadako, have sod all perks) and got thrown up against a 1500-2000 hour group who beat the stuffing out of me again.
In between the teabags and postgame 'uninstall nub dog killar lul' stuff, one was 'hey, you got everyone to 2 hooks, don't feel bad - we aren't all like this'.
The depressing thing - despite me never camping, never tunneling and never BMing, this is the first positive interaction I've had with a survivor player in about a week.
What is it about this game that makes people so nasty? Is it the nature of DbD? Is it the devs going on record as being a big fan of videogame nastiness, to the extent they consider it an essential part of online gaming?
Comments
Have you tried tunneling more? Works wonders for me.
What are you doing differently with Sadako that's making her so much more difficult to play? She's basically a stealth M1 killer with Freddy's mobility and a little Pig tacked on to the side.
Stealth M1s are my favorite, so playing feels like a breeze, but she doesn't have mechanics that are particularly convoluted to learn a la Nemesis, Artist, or Pinhead. If you're good at your M1 game, you can just pick her up and play.
Might be my favorite killer now. Best aesthetic in the entire game by a mile.
That's just how it is with popular online games, there's a reason why the best gaming communities (Doom, Terraria, etc.) are all offline games.
One of the reasons I don't tunnel is those sort of survivors. Wish there were more but that's life.
Then again I haven't gotten any salt in a while so can't complain
It´s a DbD only thing that the devs are encouraging
"We made sure that teabagging still feels satisfying" - Survivor animation change
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvRMd7aQ5v4&ab_channel=DeadByDaylightArchivesI´ve been playing something else where i don´t get insulted postmatch and can even see what people are writing pre-match.
In my experience a lot of it has to do with showing out in front of their friends. A lot of those players have genuine issues going on in their lives though and what you're witnessing in chat is one of their few outlets for blowing off steam.
I'm not finding her stealth actually works as stealth, for starters. The second I start closing, they know exactly where I am seemingly and using it mid chase feels pointless - people still loop me perfectly.
Just need to get my head around her kit (which is fine). Oddly, Nemesis, Artist and Pinhead all came pretty naturally to me. Just need to figure out how exactly her stealth operates and what purpose it servers - because outside of long distance approach, it feels like I may as well stay manifested. But I'm also playing against pretty good survivors today.
I don't mind losing while I learn. It's the gloating and sheer obnoxiousness of people that makes it feel sweaty.
The Lost Ark, Final Fantasy and Starcraft 2 communities (mostly) are really great. League was fine after they inserted the Tribunal. About the only game I can think of close to the sheer unpleasantness of this game's ingame community is GS:GO - and when I'm comparing you to the CS:GO community, that's not a good thing.