Sick and tired of 100% wiggle progress bar hooks
I can't tell you how many times this has happened but I know its happened enough to be a problem. I have gotten to 100% wiggle progress and been hooked a lot of times. If the bar is full the hook should not take priority under any circumstance. Its so freaking annoying to literally see the bar on my screen at 100% and the killer still gets to put me on the hook. Its actually nice to get team mates that will go out of their way to take hits to give you a chance to wiggle off but nothing is more depressing in this game that to see that happen, see the wiggle bar literally at 100% full and then the killer still gets to throw you on the hook. I don't know why this happens but I do know its annoying. And please don't feed me this "well the wiggle bar wasn't actually 100% when the killer hooked you." I don't care. On MY screen it was. If the bar reaches 100% for the survivor then the survivor should be dropped in every situation even if they are mid hook animation for the killer. The time between the hook animation should favor the survivor and not the killer.
Comments
No, it should favor the killer. The killer sunk time into the chase, the killer won the chase, the killer sunk time into getting the survivor to the hook. During this time the killer has put into one survivor, the other three should be getting gens done. It's a huge huge loss for the killer when a survivor gets off his shoulder. Something that punishing shouldn't be easy to pull off.
Yeah, I hate getting hooked when it looks like I should've wiggled off, but it's better this way. The more often survivors get off killers' shoulders, the more killers will slug. I often start majorly slugging if a single survivor gets off my shoulder, or even if there's just the threat of it with hook sabo'ing or Boil Over. This more than anything else leads to disconnects in my matches, so it makes me think that many survivors do not like being slugged.
The other day I was in a match on the RPD map. I got hooked in one of the halls and there was another hook in the corner at the end of the hall right in front of me. It would take the killer 2 seconds to move to it from the hook I was on it was so close. Do you know how often survivors wiggle off before being hooked without team intervention? In my 2000 hours of survivor experience it has probably happened less than 20 times for me. Wiggling off the killer is such a rare thing for survivors. You gotta see it from the survivor perspective also. If the bar reaches 100% on their screen and they get nothing for it, how do you think it makes them feel?
Sounds like a you problem.
"And please don't feed me this "well the wiggle bar wasn't actually 100% when the killer hooked you." I don't care. On MY screen it was."
No one cares what you think either. By the same logic, on the killer's screen it probably wasn't. Latency exists. Get over it.
I play more survivor than killer these days. I know how it feels perfectly well. How does it feel for the killer when they do everything right but because the map RNG sucks the survivor gets off their shoulder? Losing a single hook is extremely punishing for a killer, meanwhile survivors have three hook states, they're supposed to get hooked during the match. With how the gameplay is designed, the only way survivors are supposed to get off a killer's shoulder without team intervention is if the killer gets greedy for a far-away hook or if there's a hook dead zone. I've gotten off the killer's shoulder on my own without any help plenty of times thanks to dead zones. I got off a killer's shoulder three times one match and escaped because the two hooks near the exit gate had been used to sacrifice other survivors. And I've gotten hooked despite three people body blocking and it looking like my wiggle bar was at 100%. Sucks, but it feels way less awful to get hooked as a survivor than it does to lose a hook as a killer. Way less awful.
The killer doesn't see the wiggle bar.
Good job on missing the point. I'm clearly talking about the progress itself not being 100% on their end.
I don't know why you expect anyone to care about your opinion if you don't care about any opposing ones. "The fact the killer reached a hook means you failed to wiggle off. The progress at that point is irrelevant, the hooking started. It should take priority over wiggle. I don't care if the survivor reached 100%, it doesn't matter for ME." See how that works?
Think for a moment what the hook rate is compared to the wiggle off rate. In fact I'd love to see some data on that if its out there. Killers getting a hook is common. Survivors wiggling off the killer is rare.
Yes, because you are literally not intended to reliably wiggle off by yourself. Ever. That is why hook sabotaging/bodyblocking/protection hits/wiggling perks (eg, Breakout/Boil Over) exist. Wiggling would be busted if it was even slightly reliable in succeeding with zero outside help. The entire reason it was implemented in the first place is so the killer can't take the survivor to the basement across the entire map (without the aid of a lot of things like Mad Grit/Agitation/etc) + preventing the killer from taking the game hostage (since it pauses the bleedout timer).
Exactly that. Wiggling only exists to nerv the basement and to prevent from taking you with me on a trip so no one can rescue you. Just yesterday I had a match on rpd where one survivor sprintet to the armory every chase because with Boil over I just wasn't able to get her on a hook and upstairs was a boon so I coulnd slug her because exponentiall. So I decided to stand next to her downing her like 10 times till she finally died and then got ######### in chat for camping her.
I just imagined our awesome hit and deadhard - validation on hooking.
Killer hooks survivor, walks 5m away... "Omae wa mou shindeiru" , and gets stunned by a survivor that has suddenly never got hooked in the first place.
That'd be horrible.