Silent slug bug is almost 3 years in the game already
I feel like it has become a feature more than a bug.
I mean sure its not the biggest gamebreaking bug ever, but it is still annoying and I am just wondering why dafuq its not getting fixed, did BHVR forgot about it or what?
Comments
There's a lot of bug report about this issue (even I did last year), so I don't think they forgot about it.
ye I am pretty sure about this too but I am just confused how a sound bug can stay that long in the game.
Are you really asking this question? They fixed cosmetic glitch several times and i am still seeing Jeryl mains. This is the state of the glitch they care about and are trying to fix. What do you think the chances of other bugs are?
We got a plenty of pretty "annoying" survivor bugs that got fixed in days.
At the Doctor rework when it came out, there was a bug that Ds couldnt been used in T3, got fixed in 3 days. There was a bug with Legions filthy blade that was able to stack the mend timer, it also got fixed in days.
I can go on with examples, however we have this silent slug bug since years and it is obvously still getting abused by survivors to this day.
How exactly it is abusing by survivors? It is so random bug. You can not know when it will happen. If you are meaning survivors are not staying on ground you down them, they don't have to stay. This was your choice to leave them on ground. And even without bug survivors will leave location for make you waste more time. Bug should fix but it is not abusable.
Well you are right you cannot directly abuse it in that sense, what I mean by abusing is that, lemme try to explain my situation. I played on dead dawg and the survivors basicly greeded and threw the entire game just to try to get my ruin totem. I did a 3k slug and no one had unbreakable (I didnt slug trying to be toxic, they literally ran into me all the time cuz they wanted to do the totem and also try to do a pallet save on me). After I hooked the first one the other 2 where shown to me with BBQ. I had a rough idea where they went, I obviously went there and couldnt find their exact location, both survivors had the bug and it was quiete obvious that I knew where they where but not exactly where. The game was over, everyone was slugged, there was no point in keep hiding but they still went both inside those very thicc bushes of dead dawg. I had to run around the all of these bushes and spam space bar, it took me like 3-4 min to FINALLY find them both and hook them.
Again there was literally no point in keep hiding, they just stretched out the game for no reason and also they knew I was trying to find them but they kept hiding for no reason. Thats what I mean with "abusing". If I play survivor and something like this happen I gladly come out and let the killer hook me, I am anyway dead in a situation like this, it is just a unecessarely stretch to keep hiding for both sides.
I swear this has been fixed, or atleast fixed to the point where it's a very rare occurrence because I can not recall experiencing this in a long time.
As for your comment where survivor bugs get fixed quickly, one thing that is important to mention is that in both cases you mentioned they were killer specific and there were very few variables to go through, while for any bug that effects all killers there's a ton of variables to go through.
I get your point but again... 3 years?
I do get the silent slugs rather frequent, I would say maybe 1-2 slugs every 4-5th game.
Not as important as 'fixing' Dead Hard with a big buff
Maybe I don't slug often enough or don't pay attention to it, but if you are right then 3 years definitely is over due.
Ye I mean it doesnt affect me like every time I slug, but I do get sometimes situations where I cant find a slug anymore and mostly due to that bug, in some situations it can even cost you the game since you lose a potential hook which is devesating, especially if you play against sweaty tryhards.
Killer issue. Will be addressed in 3 more years.
Happy birthday slug bug.
On this case yeah there is not reason to hide but still they did not abuse anything. They would hide even without bug. You were just unlucky because of bug. And they can not hold game, they will die with bleed-out eventually. But BHVR should fix this bug, i don't know why it is still here.
I'm still baffled at how there are still a lot of problems in the game despite being in the game for so long. Like they have a priority list right? How low is the priority on this bug that it's still not fixed?
Unreal bug. Devastating.