Would MMR be removed/reworked if we made a big enough Megathread about it?
I mean it obviously isn't working the way we were promised it would. They specifically advertised it with phrases like "Being left on first hook after looping the killer all game while your teammates escape? Don't worry! Your MMR skill will go up and the next game will be better!" All these calculations and stats aren't taken into anything and it's just kills/escapes and that's it.
It's poopy and we want it gone right? Maybe if we make enough noise they'll actually have to pay attention.
Comments
Well, you could do that, but there are people who are also kinda find with the new system, like me. It would pollute the unity that would convince BHVR that we all wanted was MMR reworked/removed. You definitely need far better arguments than 'its poopy', not only do you need good arguments for your idea, but you also have to convince BHVR that your solution would be the best solution.
Its a though task and trust me BHVR already know the best arguments against MMR. They are not convinced so far. I doubt noise will convince them.
No, and that's a good thing.
The system is not currently working, but it is at best impossible to tell if that has anything to do with the way it calculates your MMR. The more realistic assumption is that it doesn't, because we know exactly what's wrong with it, and what's wrong with it is that the sorting process currently gets too broad too quickly in cases where queues might take forever, like backfilling lobbies where someone leaves.
It's a good thing that the people making a stink about the way MMR is calculated aren't being bowed to, because while that part obviously will need monitoring to make sure it continues to be fit for purpose, there's absolutely no reason to assume it's a problem right now.
They are aware of the problems of the game, look at stretched resolution, finally gone after years, they are just lazy, which is why took years to create a worse matchmaking than emblem system as well. As long as people buy skins and dlcs they won't care what we say, I'm just glad steamchart is showing the truth about how burnout ppl are with these devs
Probably not, to be honest.
It takes a "1.9.2 level threat" for BHVR to listen to us.
I think BHVR realized it's impossible to create a real skill based matchmaking in dbd. This game is heavily unpredictable. Its unpredictable nature does impact much more the outcome of a match than players own skill. There are infinite variables that can impact players performance (perks, maps, etc), it's impossible to take these calculations into consideration. In my opinion, kill/escape is the most honest standand to queue up players right now.
The problem in my opinion is that the current SBMM should be used to find flaws in the game design and the SBMM indeed do highlight these flaws, we all know them, the forum is full of feedback, but it seems nothing is being done...
No.
Because it is pointless to do anyway, there is not enough players to properly use MMR.
Its not impossible for them to do, it would just require an incredible amount of time and also it would be very tedious.
I still think the best choice is too have it work around score and escapes/kills are bonuses to your score. I mean the systems already there shouldn't be too difficult to configure it that way..
Did console optimisation changed significantly after @Pulsar 's thread about it?
I think it has more pages than Bible now.
Well, @Pulsar's thread about optimization has around 130 pages and unless something changed, optimization is still garbage.
So no.
I want it to stay cause I feel like the problem isn't the MMR but rather how extremely poor the balance of the game is.
The MMR ratings themselves seem to be working, as in if everybody is about the same MMR then they're good matchups. The issue isn't the MMR, it's when the matchmaking system ignores the MMR in various situations such as backfilling a spot when someone dodges a lobby or when a swf includes people of widely different ratings, or when someone is just an outlier MMR and there's no close matches to make quickly.
So they don't need to revert MMR, it's actually working better than the emblem system and ranks/grades. The issues that exist involve finding a balance between the matchmaking algorithm looking for "close matches" versus "not making people wait a long time".
Unlikely, this seems to be something that's unreasonably important to the devs. I'm thinking it's sunk-cost fallacy.
People say "no one judges MMR fairty because the way the matchmaking works messes up the MMR" So? I don't care how fun works, I just want fun. If reality = better before, than I prefer before.
If Steam stats keep going down, that might eventually reach them. People don't want to invest time and money into a multiplayer that's losing players. I don't think hordes of people are quitting because of SBMM, but many of us are just playing less because it's less fun.
I used to play a couple times a week, but I'd play all damn day and half the night. Last night was the only time I played in more than a week, but I played about four hours and had a great time, even when outmatched, it felt like a fair match. Maybe last night was me seeing MMR succeeding.
But if it's only good every now and then, before = better.
No
but I wish
According to "THE STATS" more balanced matches are happening. Which is all they want.
It doesn't matter how much fun any of us are having in these matches (When it's even accurate), as long as their system claims it's making balanced matches with "predicted" outcomes nothing will change. 'Balanced' matches = Fun matches, I guess?
We all know how stubborn BHVR is. Remember the HUD changes? Remember asking for a game health chapter? This is the same thing right here.
Escape Based Matchmaking is here to stay, unfortunately.
They won't remove MMR unless enough people stop playing the game completely. At that point they might try and tweak it a bit as a band aid.
I don't see it as happening anytime soon.
Just don't buy cosmetics and dlcs, they will be forced to listen to complaints
Nothing will change unless people stop playing the game, and even then I’m not sure things would change. Players are leaving the game and there doesn’t seem to be any urgency by the devs to address the most commonly complained-about issues.
This.
Maybe, but I doubt it would ever be reworked in favor of "fun"/casual play, unless it's for the survivor side. What's fun for one side is usually not fun for the other.